Rate Dr. John B. Mulliken

Dr. John B. Mulliken's Ratings

He is the best. I put all must trust in him. He will be doing a second surgery to my daughter this spring . Feeling very confident it will be great work

Submitted Jan. 18, 2014 | flag

Dr. Mulliken is by far the best cleft lip/palate doctor in the world! We were blessed to live so close to boston because I know people travel from all over the country for his services. My son was born with bilateral cleft lip and complete cleft palate, he is 11 months now and is finished with his surgeries for a while. He is so beautiful and we get compliments on him wherever we go, people don't even know he was born with a cleft. I have seen the work of other surgeons and the children don't look as normal and mullikens patients. Dr. Mulliken is truly our hero!!!

Submitted Oct. 22, 2011 | flag

Dr Mulliken, though very busy, has always been very helpful and informative during our visits. Dotty is always wonderful, too!

Submitted Aug. 6, 2010 | flag

Dr. Mulliken (and Nurse Dotty) are the best in the business for pediatric plastic surgery.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2010 | flag

Dr. Mulliken is the best of the best! My daughter was born with a severe bilateral cleft lip/palate. She had a failed surgery at the Cleveland Clinic and Dr. M was able to repair the damage that was done. It was a 12 hr surgery but she looks incredible. He did in one surgery what would have taken every other doctor we talked with 5 surgeries. I can't say enough good things about him and Boston Children's. They took excellent care of her. They have a nurse that sat by her side the entire time in post-op. The nurses on her floor took fantastic care of her and even helped out when Mommy needed some sleep. As far as personality, he is all about business. He is an excellent surgeon and is a complete perfectionist. To hear more you can check out fans of mulliken on Yahoo. He has his own group!

Submitted Sept. 30, 2009 | flag

He is a very good doctor. He passed me on to another member of there team a few years ago, when my case started to be more in this other doctors area of expertise. He was never on time but he is good so it is worth it. Only problem I have with him now is half the time when I run into him now he calls me my mothers name, but I just laugh it off because that is not a huge deal at all. After one of my surgeries when I was no longer "his" patient he came to see how I was recovering after surgery anyway. Lucky he did because I had decided to go for a roll (in my wheel chair) with an IV in my wrist. I was stuck trying to get back to my room. He found me & took me back. I agree that Dottie is AMAZING. I have known her since she joined the staff here, & she is still my favorite. Now that I am older, if I am discussing possible surgery with my doctor, she is in the room & ask the questions that I do not think of since I am still young (only 21) though I have had 13 surgeries at this point.

Submitted March 5, 2009 | flag

Dr Mulliken paid alot of attention to our son.He was more focused on the children than the parents. He is a perfectionist. Dottie did most of protocol and support emotionally. We were very pleased.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2008 | flag