Rate Dr. John A. Cece

Dr. John A. Cece's Ratings

Usually you can find a doctor with either great skills, bedside manner, a good listener, integrity and kindness but never in one package. Dr. Cece is the exception. I had a terrible problem breathing for years and unsuccessfully took all kinds of medication. I went to Dr. Cece based upon Internet reviews and was impressed. He explained all my options clearly and throughly. Finally, I decided to have an operation that I dreaded, but needed. I was reluctant because on WebMd, it mentioned that what I had could grow back. Anyway, I have a new life as a result of that successful operation and can't thank Dr. Cece enough - and years later, there is no reoccurrence. But even beyond that, I started a job in a hospital where the staff exchanges information on what doctors to see if we have health problems. Dr. Cece gets praised all the time. I'm thankful that I found him - he's not only a great doctor, but sincerely cares about his patients, no matter how much of a chicken you might be.

Submitted June 13, 2014 | flag

Doctor has great personality but behind all of that is sheer greed for money and milking money from insurance companies. Dr. Cece (and other doctors in that practice) do unnecessary procedures. Every-time I go to his office for my hearing problem all he does is stick a tube in through my nose (its called nasal endoscopy) which is like $500-600 for no other reason than for the money. He does not even get consent from me to do this procedure. he will just talk to me as he is examining me and then all of sudden sticks the tube up my nose as if nothing is happening. Shameful system we have in our healthcare system, its all about the $$$$.

Submitted May 14, 2014 | flag

I was treated by Dr. Cece for a Peritonsillar Abscess. It is an extremely painful condition. Dr. Cece was truly amazing. He spent a great deal of time addressing and ultimately treating my condition. For five days prior to this office visit, I was in unbelievable pain ( couldnt eat, drink or sleep). Less than three hours after I left Dr.Cece, my pain was gone. It was similar to a miracle! I cannot thank Dr. Cece enough for his professionalism and knowledge. I highly recommend him. Thank you Dr. Cece.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2014 | flag

Early July I was diagnosed with papillary cancer (thyroid). After getting passed the word cancer, I found Dr. Cece on this website. Words cannot express how grateful I am. He was everything described on this site and more. He blew away the first ENT I had gone too. During his examination, he reviewed all documentation, Ultrasound & pathology reports in my presence and was hands-on examining the area including lymph nodes. There were two factors that made me feel he was the doctor for me. (1) having me go for a CT Scan to check lymph nodes vs. waiting for surgery to fish around (aka being thorough), and (2) the fact that he said based on severity of the case, he would refer me to Mt. Sinai. Doctor Cece is certainly there for the patient! Highly recommended....

Submitted Aug. 27, 2013 | flag

I felt inclined to write a review on Dr. Cece since I selected him solely based off the reviews on this site. Now, I must say (somewhat embarrassingly), as a grown man in my mid-30's, I am a horrible patient. I have never been comfortable being poked and scoped and all other things doctors do but I knew heading in, based off a visit with a previous ENT, that due to a concern I was having with my throat, I had to get a scope up through my nose down into my throat, something I was dreading. Dr Cece and beforehand, his nurse/assistant, both quickly noticed my nerves and made me feel as calm and comfortable as I could be before and during having the scope down. Some people are comfortable with a doctor without any bedside manner, as long as they know what they are doing. I need both and Dr. Cece is just that. I will gladly recommend and (if I must), not hesitate to go back to him.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2013 | flag

All doctors should be like Dr. Cece. He operated on me two years ago and his professionalism, kind manner, the time he took to explain the procedure and to calm this nervous patient will never be forgotten. My life has improved so much since the operation - I can now breathe fully and live more completely. I've never come across a doctor that so much cares about his patients and gives his all the way Dr. Cece does. I highly recommend him - very highly!

Submitted May 17, 2013 | flag

Dr. Cece is by far the best doctor I ever went to. I am so glad I found him. He took my son in an emergency situation immediately. He Spoke to me on a holiday (Thanksgiving)spoke to me at length and fit me in his schedule first thing the next day before he started his day. Because time mattered most in this situation a nose fracture he perfectly timed the surgery to reset his nose. I trust him immensely he is extremely smart and took extra good care of my son! The results amazing!! He is an expert in this field for sure and I was highly confident in his ability to help my son. Dr Cece is very professional with an awesome bedside manner! I new my son was in the hands of a great Dr. If trust is the most important factor to you as it was for me in choosing a dr. Look no further! I would highly highly highly recommend Dr Cece to anyone in need of a caring dr.

Submitted April 14, 2013 | flag

I was impressed with how nice this Dr was. Very personable and caring for my issue. He took all the time he needed check my ears, not like your typical Dr. Who wants to get rid ofmyou..no Dr. Cece really examins you and makes you feel comfortable! He even gave me away some ear drops I needed. I would definitely go back.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2012 | flag