Rate Dr. Merritt S. Hubsher

Dr. Merritt S. Hubsher's Ratings

I brought my teenage daughter to Dr. Hubsher, recommended by my closest friend, whose son’s life he saved when other doctors couldn’t. From our very first meeting, he was reassuring, compassionate and caring, as if she were his own child. He asked precise and thoughtful questions to find the cause of my daughter’s suffering and pain. He listened, heard my concerns, and answered all my questions, no matter how long it took. For the first time in years, my daughter felt she had a doctor who really cared, was determined to get her well and gave her hope. He patiently explained his treatment plan, and made us feel like his partners in her care. He was methodical and careful in prescribing medication and every step was monitored closely. He asked us to call with any question or concern, and when we did, he was always available. My daughter is now well on her way to recovery. We are so fortunate to have found Dr. Hubsher! His warm staff handles the finances. But, he is worth every penny!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

I cannot begin to say enough about Dr. Hubsher and his staff. I came to him 5 years ago a total wreck, not being able to get a handle on my substance abuse and depression over a breakup that really destroyed me. I had been depressed for years. I mean years. Dr. Hubsher was able to figure out what my root problems were and proscribe me medication in combination with therapy that helped me not only get better but feel better about myself as well. His ability to read into things we discuss is very insightful and informative. I've had dealt with 5 doctors in my life leading up to Dr. Hubsher and none of them were truly able to understand me. Plus the secretary is the sweetest woman in the world.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1964191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Hubsher's for over 15 years and I am happy to say he has helped me immensely over the years. I have recommended him to many many friends and family and all have been beyond pleased with his professionalism and caring attitude. He is an excellant Doctor and I am very confident in his abilities to handle the most difficult patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1964190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

We brought in our child who was severely ill and depressed. After spending all of 10 minutes with her, Dr. Hubsher told us that she was rude (does he see a lot of depressed teens who are a joy to be around? He is a child psychiatrist, for goodness sake!) and that said there was nothing at all he could do for her. He could not recommend any course of treatment or medication, and was not even willing to give advice. I was floored by his callous and obnoxious attitude to me as well as to my child, who was in considerable pain. Follow up calls and requests for referrals or any additional help getting our daughter treatment were useless; the (very nice) receptionist told us that once again, he could not help. However, he was quick to demand the payment of $425. I have never paid so much for so little. If you have a child coping with a serious illness, please do NOT bring her here.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1964193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2014

Dr.Hubsher is a selfless, caring and very compassionate doctor. After seeing many psychiatrists, and being admitted to several clinics over a period of years (all of which failed), we were at a complete loss as to what to do next. Our son was finally introduced to Dr. Hubsher who spent an incredible amount of time evaluating our son. With a lot of patience and tremendous support, our son was finally stabilized with Dr. Hubsher's intervention. Thank you

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1964188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2014

I found Dr. Hubscher to be the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever come across. His willingness to help and comfort and his listening skills were unprecedented. I never felt money was his concern but rather the utmost well fare of his patient. I also noticed his precise care with prescribed medications. Again I appreciated his compassion and expertise in all the above.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1964189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2014

Dr. Hubsher is all about collecting the cash, and has no regard for his patients. He charges for an hour, yet spends no more than 15 minutes with you. He is quick to jump to meds and switches them at the drop of a hat. After a bad reaction to a cocktail he prescribed and a trip to the hospital, there were no follow up calls, no concern showed and no desire see if I was ok. He is pompous and is only concerned that you can pay for the visit since he does not take insurance. I would NEVER go back to him and would not recommend anyone ever going to him. Diane who answers the phone, who is great, gives more support and shows more concern then he does. I hope she finds a better employer soon!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1964192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2014

I had been struggling with Bipolar Disorder for a couple years before finding Dr. Hubsher. I was struggling to keep a job, keep up relationships and even friendships. My life was spinning out of control. Dr. Hubsher worked endlessly with me to find the right meds. He always answered calls and pages. When things became more than i can handle, Dr Hubsher had recommended the right hospital. Just the mention of his name and a quick phone call, earned me an immediate bed in the unit. I have now moved out of state and still come back for my appointments with Dr. Hubsher in Jersey.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1964187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

My son is a college student who was struggling academically in spite of his efforts. We were sure he was working hard enough and was smart enough for his program of study so we were trying to understand the root cause of the problem. In primary school we were told he had a learning disability (dysgraphia) that impacted his organization skills. Dr. Hubsher managed to fit him in on short notice over Spring Break to confirm this diagnosis so he could receive help at school. Dr. Hubsher concluded that my son was not struggling because of dysgraphia, it was because he has ADHD. We had concerns about meds but the doctor explained thoroughly and we agreed to try it because at the time my son was getting a D in one of his classes and little better in the others. He went back to school and finished the semester on the dean's list. It was great for his confidence. Dr. Hubsher continues to monitor my son make sure he has the right meds and dosage. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1964186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

My daughter has been a patient of Dr. Hubsher's for over three years for depression and then auditory hallucinations which he said was related to the antidepressant. We tried other medications to treat the hallucinations until they stopped. Dr. Hubsher spends time speaking with us to discuss how our daughter is doing, then spends time speaking with our daughter. We never feel rushed. When I told Dr. Hubsher that my daughter was struggling in school he gave me questionnaires to give my daughter's teachers to get an idea what her struggles were, and diagnosed her with ADD, and gave her a medication that turned my daughter's grades around. Dr. Hubsher is a wonderful doctor who has helped my daughter immeasurably.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1964185].votes_count ]]