Rate Dr. David A Stone

Dr. David A Stone's Ratings

Best doctor I have ever had. Lots of other people dismissed my hips issues, but he listened and ultimately figured out what was wrong (and had a solution). Calls me to check in. CARES. Would never go elsewhere. Too bad he can't do my surgery!

Submitted July 13, 2014 | flag

what a wonderful experience. Thoughtful, creative and with bedside manner second to none. This man is the real deal. Knows his specialty and patiently answers all questions and give alternative solutions to problems. Can't say enough positive things about his attitude. This is the second time I have visited and each time is informative and positive

Submitted Oct. 31, 2012 | flag

Dr. Stone is very knowledgeable about, in my case, foot mechanics and complex sources of crippling foot pain. To treat me, he started out with the most conservative measures (physical therapy, orthotics)and stayed with me and remains concern as further measures have not helped. He believes that ultimately I will probably need surgery, and he has recommended I see a foot-and-ankle orthopedic surgeon -- a surgeon about whom Dr. Stone is very knowledgeable and is offering to help me get in to see. I feel lucky to have found Dr. Stone. And, although I am not yet cured, his unflagging efforts to get me there have made this difficult time easier. One of the worst problems of a pain or disabled patient is that feeling of being alone. With Dr. Stone, I am comforted in the strong belief that someone is on my side. My appointments are not always on time, but at least his staff usually posts his wait time.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2012 | flag

Dr. Stone is an outstanding, knowledgeable, thorough, patient doctor, who excels at teaching you about what is wrong with you and how to fix it. He is not an orthopedic surgeon as this site lists him, he is a Physiatrist, a specialist in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Don't go to him if you want him to operate. He is able to determine if you need one or not, and will prescribe physical therapy in order to rule out the need for surgery or to prepare you for and recover from a surgery, Yes, you may have to wait a while to see him and he may run late, but that is because he takes the time to do the most thorough history and physical exam to help make the diagnosis, and also takes time to explain all of your options and answer your questions. So, take something to read or do, or try to schedule your appointment early in his day's schedule. I'd rather wait for him than be seen by someone in a rush who doesn't do a proper exam or make sure your questions are answered. Pt of 20+ yrs.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2011 | flag

Dr. Stone is a very knowledgeable. He takes his time and makes sure that every pt. Understands everything. That he tells them. I learned more from him. As an E.M.T. and a pt. I would not trade him for 1000 Freddie the screwballs Fu.!!!

Submitted Sept. 5, 2011 | flag

Dr. Stone did an excellent job in diagnosing my daughter's torn labram in her hip (she is a dance major). Her previous OS missed it even after having an MRI/arthrogram. He is knowledgeable about dancers and their injuries. He recognized that the trochanter bursitis she had was a secondary injury caused by the labral tear. He is knowledgeable and has a bit of a quirky bedside manner, but is compassionate and "gets" the dancer's mindset. He allowed my daughter to continue her home PT for one more month, even though he knew it would probably not help. Again, it's a dancer's mindset. He told my daughter at her one month follow-up visit that he never wants to see a patient have an "I shoulda had a V-8 moment" as they're being wheeled into surgery. Meaning, he knew SHE needed to know that she had done everything possible to rehab her hip and that surgery really was the right decision for her. He really understands a dancer's mind and heart. I would highly recommend Dr. Stone.

Submitted March 19, 2010 | flag

Dr. Stone is an amazing doctor, both excellent diagnostician and very empathetic. You'll wait, but he's worth it!

Submitted Sept. 19, 2009 | flag

My family/myself have used Dr. Stone to diagnose a number of ortho problems for last ten yrs. He is extremely knowledgeable and has a great bedside manner.

Submitted Sept. 11, 2009 | flag

He's an extremely compassionate and cares about all of his patients. His knowledge is nothing short of impressive!! At times there is a wait to see him but I would NEVER go to anyone else as the confidence in his diagnosis and suggested treatment coupled with a thorough explanation after each exam leaves you totally comfortable. He's treated numerous family members and friends all feel exactly the same way. He's a rare find!!!

Submitted March 26, 2009 | flag

Dr. Stone is a god!! He knows everything about every part of your body. He seems to know whats wrong with me before he does my exam. I would NOT see anyone else. Dr. Stone caught a torn ACL that a very prominent knee doctor in Pittsburgh missed a few times. He is awesome!

Submitted June 29, 2008 | flag