Dr. Gerald M. Sacks

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 42 reviews. Dr. Gerald M. Sacks has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Anesthesiologist-related: pain relief for surgery, anesthesia
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5639429
10/07/14 5 5 5 5 Great doctor! Dr. Sacks is so highly regarded and highly recommended. ALL THE DOCTORS SEND THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS TO DR. SACKS! He is truly the doctor's doctor. (Also has a lot of celebrity patients). Dr. Sacks is kind and thoughtful and caring and treats everyone like a celebrity. I am so much better since I started with Dr. Sacks six months ago. His injections are state of the art and very precise. I just love Dr. Sacks and appreciate everything he has done for me and my family. I give him and his staff my very highest and best recommendation.
RID: 5579562
25/06/14 5 5 5 5 Outstanding service and outstanding doctor! Dr. Sacks is an exceptional Physician. He is the best at what he does. You can tell that Dr. Sacks is a professor as he explains things so well. He is patient and kind with all of his clients. Dr. Sacks has really helped me so much and I am so grateful for his superb care and treatment. I was a mess when I was referred to Dr. Sacks. I was taking too much Xanax and relying on narcotics too much. Now I am much, much better and take only a small amount of pain medicine. Thank you Dr. Sacks!
RID: 5569718
19/06/14 5 5 5 5 Superlative doctor. Dr. Gerald Sacks is truly the best doctor I have ever seen. I have chronic pain from a back injury and many other doctors just thought I was an addict. Dr. Sacks took the time and really listened. He and I set up a plan to decrease my pain. I do PT and exercise every day. Dr. Sacks did some great injections and now I am dramatically improved. I take half the drugs I was taking and I am twice as happy. Dr. Sacks is a miracle worker!
RID: 5567415
17/06/14 5 5 5 5 Outstanding doctor in every way! Great bedside manner. Competant and caring. Great staff. Very friendly. Great service. Really goes out of their way to help me. Overall a world class experience and a great physician.
Respond

08/06/14 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

05/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.1

01/06/14 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 5479353
15/05/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gerald Sacks has helped me so much that I really want to thank him. He is so kind and so thoughtful. His staff is great and Dr. Sacks treats his staff so professionally that they all love him. I have a serious health pain problem and Dr. Sacks has been the only doctor who has helped me. He is the best doctor in LA.
RID: 5308386
26/03/14 5 5 5 5 Best doctor I have ever known or seen. So good and so comprehensive. Great bedside manner. I love him and his great staff. Very thorough and very knowledgable. Highly recommended by all. Overall great experience and great results.
RID: 5286170
19/03/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sacks is the best - the best doctor and the best person! I have known him for years and even though he is the most highly regarded Pain doctor in LA he still spends time with each and every patient to provide the best care possible. Dr. Sacks has truly helped me so much that I must thank him every way that I am able. I was a mess when we started and now I am working and am not taking drugs anymore. My pain is very well controlled and no longer controlling me. Dr. Sacks is the greatest!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 5238438
14/03/14 5 5 5 5 I want to begin this review by saying that doctor Sacks literally saved my life. I have been a patient of his for years and in that time my quality of life has improved dramatically. He genuinely cares about his patients and has a genuine interest in helping manage pain without throwing narcotics at you. His staff is always friendly and remembers his patients without needing to look at their charts. Dr. Sacks gets along really well with his staff and that makes visits to his office even more enjoyable. I promise you that my only motivation in writing this is to give credit to an amazing doctor. Before I found Dr. Sacks I had been to so many doctors and none of them could figure out what was wrong with me. All they would do is prescribe me pain killers. I was on high doses of morphine, OxyContin, and many other pain killers. I was a walking zombie. Dr. Sacks got me off all the pain killers, safely, and he was able to finally give me a diagnosis and treat me accordingly. I will forever be in debt to Dr. Sacks for giving me my life back.  Respond
RID: 5217023
01/03/14 5 5 5 5 Great Doctor. Great staff. Great service. Everything you would want in a doctor. Smart, compassionate, kind. Outstanding bedside manner. Wonderful experience.
RID: 5196546
20/02/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gerald Sacks is an outstanding doctor and he is really nice as well. He is so kind and so compassionate. He is a real breath of fresh air with all the other cynical docs out there. I have seen him 5 times and each time I am more impressed with both the man and the doctor.
RID: 5174473
12/02/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gerald Sacks saved my life! He is so kind and so very excellent. Dr. Sacks diagnosed my pain problem in one visit. I had been to 7 other so called pain specialists in LA. None could diagnose me and three wanted to put electrodes in my spine! Dr. Sacks got me off narcotics and got me into PT so that I am so much better. Thank the Lord for Dr. Sacks and his great skills and staff!
Respond

02/02/14 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 3610802
20/11/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gerald Sacks is the most knowledgable and kind doctor I have ever seen. He is truly great at his profession. Dr. Sacks really listens and really cares about every patient. He and I have worked very hard together and I am so much better now. Dr. Gerald Sacks is really the best!
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Gerald" to "Gerald M."
RID: 2893307
03/10/13 1 1 1 1 Awful experience! My normal pain management doctor was out of the country and his on call doctor was Dr Sacks. The first time I went to Dr Sacks, he looked over my paperwork under two minutes and was ready with a needle in hand and ready to go. I have never received injections before but I was open to it if it relieved my pain level. Since this was my first time here, Dr Sacks gave me only a weeks supply worth of pain meds. It thought that was ethical of him to not give me a full prescription but still a pain in the rear end. I made a follow-up appointment a week later. I waited in the waiting room over an hour and a half! Dr Sacks tried pulling the same BS he did the first time we met. Dr Sacks only wanted to give me one week worth of pain meds, and inject me once again. So, it appears that Dr Sacks just wants me to come back again and again for him to get his co-pays and keep his business flourishing. AWFUL EXPERIENCE - GO ANYWHERE ELSE !!
RID: 2683949
19/06/13 5 5 5 5 I just love Dr. Sacks. He is so funny and sweet with my mom. Mom has fractures in her spine and our ortho doctor sent us to Dr. Sacks for pain management. Dr. Sacks has really helped her and she is so much better. She is able to walk now and take better care of herself. She tells everyone that DR. Sacks is her friend.
RID: 2670776
05/06/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gerald Sacks is a great teacher, you can tell he used to be a Professor. He has taught me so much about pain and how best to cope with it. I have chronic pelvic pain and my Gyno sent me to Dr. Sacks. I have had a few nerve blocks and I am so much better now. I take half as many vicodin and I have twice as much energy. Dr. Sacks is the best.
RID: 2639098
03/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sacks and his staff are great! Dr. Sacks is regarded as the premier pain doctor. He takes great care of me and my dad for our pain issues. He doesn't just write norco like other docs but works with us to decrease pain. His injections really help a lot.
Paid (or co-pay): $35
Respond

27/03/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2573588
28/02/13 5 5 5 5 I love Dr. Sacks! He is so good at what he does. I went to four other pain docs who didn't have a clue how to help me. Dr. Sacks and I talked for an hour and then we came up with a plan that is really working. I feel better than I have felt in years and I am able to do more each day. Dr. Gerald Sacks is so highly regarded and recommended that I wanted to add my highest praise also.
RID: 2566149
21/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gerald Sacks is an extraordinary outstanding doctor! He really listens to me and has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever seen. Dr. Sacks is so intelligent that he knows exactly what to do for my pain. He is without a doubt the best doctor in Los Angeles. All the other doctors send their friends and family to Dr. Sacks for Pain Management at the highest level including me.
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim
RID: 2479675

09/12/12 1 1 1 1 Dr Sacks is the most arrogant, disrespectful, condescending, unprofessional, pathetic, little man that I have ever had the displeasure to meet. He knew absolutely nothing about my medical condition yet claimed to be an “expert”, forced me to have painful, expensive injections that I did not need or want just so he could bill Medicare higher amounts. He should be jailed for Medicare fraud and criminal charges brought against him for causing unnecessary pain and suffering (physical & psychological) just to pad his paycheck. He’s a disgrace and should lose his license to practice medicine.
See Responses

28/11/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2458050
25/10/12 5 5 5 5 I recently had surgery at Cedars and it was a horrible experience. The pain people didn't know what to do and I was having excrutiating pain. My husband called Dr. Sacks and he basically taught my doctors at Cedars how to do good Pain Management. I am so gratefu for Dr. Sacks. He is so nice and kind to my family. We recommend that anyone with pain see him.
Insurance: BC Med
RID: 2455754
24/10/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sacks is great! I had heard what an excellent doctor he was from my doctor and a number of his patients but I was overwhelmed at what a great experience I have had with Dr. Sacks. He is so kind and chearful. Dr. Sacks is really nice to the staff and so sweet to the patients. I suffer from excrutiating pain and it is so great to see a doctor that really understands! Dr. Sacks is the smartest person I know and he knows how to do pain management without making me addicted. I am so much better from his caring skills.
RID: 2413085
29/08/12 5 5 5 5 He is the most outstanding doctor I have ever encountered. Dr. Sacks is brilliant and compassionate - a rare combination. He is also humble and down to earth and you can really talk with him. Dr. Sacks is treating me for chronic excrutiating pain and I am so grateful for his truly great care.
RID: 2377698
18/07/12 5 5 5 5 I just love Dr. Sacks. He is very efficient and spends alot of money on his staff to ensure that they are well trained and helpful. I suffer from pelvic pain and no one else was able to diagnose me, let alone help me. My GYN sent me to Dr. Sacks and he started a program of shots for desensitization and meds to get me off norcos. I am much better and think I would have been in big trouble without Dr. Sacks.
Respond

22/06/12 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab" to "Anesthesiologist"
RID: 1725793
29/02/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gerald Sacks really helped my mom. My Rheum sent us to Dr. Sacks after other docs couldn't help her. After meeting him for the first time we were filled with hope for the first time in years. After a few months my mom is walking better than she has in years and in much less pain - all thanks to Dr. Sacks.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
Respond

26/02/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

22/01/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1637493
17/11/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gerald Sacks is really the best doctor in Los Angeles! I took my mom to see him and he kept his office open late on a Friday night just to see us! My mom has shingles and was in excrutiating pain. Dr. Sacks knew exactly what to do and she was much better right away! Dr. Gerald Sacks even teaches other doctors how to do pain management. He is truly the best doctor.
RID: 1573047
28/10/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gerald Sacks is a Saint. He takes care of the most difficult pain management patients and does so with great expertise. He has really helped me with my headaches and he got me off norco. I really love this doctor.
RID: 1548387
27/09/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gerald Sacks is the best doctor ever! He really cares about his patients and really goes out of his way to help everybody. I called him on a Sunday night and we solved my problem without having to go to the ER. Dr. Gerald Sacks is knowledgable, kind and compassionate.
RID: 1527847
01/09/11 3 2 1 1 Very arrogant. Did not listen or respect the patient's thoughts or opinions. He runs the office like a factory. I felt that his lack of communication could have been severely detrimental to my health.
RID: 1504549
04/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gerald Sacks is absolutely the BEST PAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR IN LA!!! He is the kindest, most sincere, and smartest doctor I have ever known. All the doctors in LA send people to him for his expert care. He even takes care of many doctor's families. I had severe, constant neck and arm pain and Dr. Sacks got rid of my pain in three visits! I had already been to UCLA and Cedars and all they wanted to do was put an implant in my spine. I tell everybody to see Dr. Sacks and he really helped me!
RID: 1497660
27/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gerald Sacks is so kind and compassionate. I have been seeing him for 6 months for my chronic pain and I am making real progress. He really listens to me and always spends as much time with me as I need. He is truly a one in a million doctor and I highly recommend him if you have a pain problem. (I read the comment below and I know the person who wrote it. She goes from doctor to doctor trying to get drugs. Please ignore her rant. Dr. Sacks is the best doctor ever!
RID: 1494359

24/07/11 1 1 1 1 DR SACKS is absolutely the WORST DOCTOR I have ever come in contact with. RUN! He is rude, uncaring, will not even make eye contact and acts like he is irritated to see a new patient. I have a diagnosed pain condition and he told me their was nothing wrong and it was almost like he was getting his jollies out of making a smart ass comment about every thing I said and my medical conditons. I left the office crying my eyes out and felt violated. He violated me in more ways than one and I am taking actions now. Please for the sake of your sanity do not step foot in this office! cont. I waited over an hour and his staff manager manipulated me in giving her $500 dollar cash and told me lies! I am seriously upset and frustrated I was treated extremely horribly by this doctor and should have known that any doctor that has openings the day off calling for an apt is NOT a GOOD ONE...HORRIBLE, IT WAS A HORRIFYING EXPERIENCE
Paid (or co-pay): $500
RID: 1477672

01/07/11 3 4 1 2
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1463343
13/06/11 2 2 1 1 Rude, rude, rude. Arrogant and condecending. Stay far away. Sees patients for a maximum of 10 minutes. How could he possibly assess a patient, hteir history, etc. in that amount of time?

RID: 1362769
14/02/11 4 3 1 3 Dr. Gerald Sacks is the WORST MD I have ever seen. Knowledable, but with a huge personality disorder and god-complex. This guy actually showed me a box of pain meds he bought cheap because it was nearing the expiration date, so he could sell it. Ultimately stopped seeing him because his lack of sensitivity and off-putting manner disgusted me. He should stop practicing medicine altogether, at least stop dealing with human beings; he has no clue how. I'll gladly provide details on my experiences to anyone who wants them. Do NOT go see this doctor if you have any self-respect!
Insurance: Workers Comp
Respond

22/09/10 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1143619
06/04/10 5 5 5 5 This is one of the two most outstanding doctors I have ever gone to. And I've gone to a lot, having had 8 surgeries. He is incredibly knowledgeable and responds almost immediately to phone calls. He may ask you to slow down when receiving data from you, but it is to be sure that he understands exactly the issue. I was under extreme pain from a recent surgery and he was remarkable in his diagnosis and choices of medication. I can't tell you how happy I am with him. I do not understand some of the negative comments listed here. That is not my experience at all. He is outstanding.
RID: 1077933

13/01/10 1 1 1 1
RID: 1040346
22/11/09 4 2 3 3 Wow, this place is a conveyor belt. He must see a new patient every 10 minutes. This last visit I had a few questions which seemed to irritate him and he looked at his clock and said We have to finish this up, I have people waiting. Wow, I am not kidding here, I was in there for less than 5 minutes. He does know his stuff but dont expect any kind of a Dr/Patient warm fuzzy feeling. I have been in for several visits and I doubt I will continue even though he has been helpful in treating my pain. Too bad.
Respond

03/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 880502
07/05/09 1 2 1 2 I can only reiterate what those before me said. lack of privacy between cartons, rushed attitude and rude help. Pain not relieved.
RID: 378235
02/08/07 1 3 1 1 Refused to bill Blue Cross. Response to questions was always "Do you have any REAL questions." Treatment ineffective. Left him for another doctor after few visits. Refused to provide me copy of records until complaint to Med Board. Provided "records" two months later...clearly did a "hatchet job"...tried to discredit me in records. Still has not provided any billing. Demanded cash payment BEFORE talking to me at each and every visit. Rude, uncaring, unconcerned...worst doctor I have ever had to deal with. Claimed I was non-complaint with absolutely no basis therefor.
RID: 238971
28/03/07 3 2 3 I found him most interested in moving on to the next patient. He was not interested in answering my questions nor would he even make eye contact. In addition, he didn't bill the insurance company until over a year after service. As a result, I had no idea how much the pain shots were costing me out of pocket. If he had billed more regularly, I would have had knowledge as to how much his pain shots were costing me.
RID: 127230
04/02/07 1 1 1 This doctor is useless. He is not smart and really only cares about making money. He really misdiagnosed me and caused me suffer unnecessarily.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 37187
22/07/06 1 1 1 He would not let me speak. When I could get a word in he would not answer my questions. His diagnosis was wrong but insisted on treating me improperly. He lied about medication side effects.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user