Dr. LUIS CASAUBON

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 23/12/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. LUIS CASAUBON has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5119897

07/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.5  Respond
RID: 3629364
10/12/13 3 5 5 5 Dr. Casaubon confirmed that I had Addison's disease- a diagnosis that I was told I DIDN'T have by another endocrinologist. I went to see Dr. Casaubon after speaking with my GP who agreed, I needed to see someone else. He was amazing and explained not only my test results but also discovered I had an enlarged thyroid- NOT something the other doctor had even checked for. A year later, he diagnosed Hashimoto's as well as the Addison's. Without this doctor, I would have died as the other was taking me off of the steroids to treat the Addison's disease believing I didn't have it despite what my very low ACTH numbers on the long test showed. He doesn't behave as though he has an office full of people, takes his time, and genuinely seems to care. I felt very comfortable talking with him despite my reservations from having gotten such a bad reception at the other doctor's office. No worries...I put in a review for HER as well.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2911854
14/10/13 1 1 1 1 This practice is extremely aggressive. They called five times to confirm my appointment, but they don't offer an after-hours confirmation system. They cancelled my appointment even after I did reach a live person to confirm - this appointment was made over a month in advance.  Respond
RID: 2514748
28/12/12 1 1 3 3 The office staff at this office is HORRIBLE!!!!! They are rude, unfriendly, the incorrectly over book and they make you wait 30+ minutes for appts when other patients run late. Don't recommend as a doctors office.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1712661
13/02/12 4 5 5 5 Luis Casaubon is WONDERFUL and has an awesome PA, Brandy Wellmon. Between the two of them tag teaming my off the wall thyroid, I feel 10 times better then when I first walked in there, and 25lb lighter. I can not say enough good things about this team. Luis Casaudon found two problems that I my other Endo, Simone Scumpia, just ignored. You will have a wait to book an appt. but that is because they are so good. On half of my drips there I will see another patient in scrubs or hear them call DR. overever come back please. When this is the place that the other doctors and nurses go to intown you know you are at the right place. I can not say enough good things about Casaubon, and I am a very hard person to please and refuse to put up with any bull. Trust me GREAT Doctor. From a much happier and energetic women living in Leander,Texas
Insurance: United Healthcare