Dr. Robert C. Doekel

Grad. Year: 1967

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Robert C. Doekel has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Does he accept medicaid ?    Email me    Answer it

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

19/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.8
RID: 3654721
13/01/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Doekel is the best!!! I found his name on a list of top thyroid doctors and wasn't disappointed. I've been using him for 4 years now and everything other reviewers have said is true. I travel 5 hours to see him once a year. How I wish there were more doctors like him!!  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Robert" to "Robert C."
RID: 2595740
21/03/13 5 5 5 5 Gives extra time. Very rarely late and if so only a few minutes. Makes calls back to patients himself. Takes phone calls from patients nights and weekends which surprises most. Continues medical education.
RID: 2500223
13/12/12 5 5 5 5 I have been trying to find a doctor that would listen to me about my hypothyroidism for 10 years !! Thank The Lord I have found him in Dr Doekel ! He listen to me really listen to me for a good hour. He did all the thyroid lab work that was needed not just TSH ,found that my antibodies were high , TSH was high ,Vit D was super low .He started me on Armour , I also had a sleep clinic I am feeling so much better from the cpap but not where I want to be yet with thyroid ,I know and have the faith that he will get me there . He also is the only doctor that has ever called me back with my lab numbers !!! He also did not rush me off the phone . Just a wonderful doctor !!!
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 2462741
31/10/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Doekel is the best..wish we had more like him. Not only does he listen, he doesn't think that he has to pretend to know everything. Very knowledgable and caring.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1472627
24/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Doekel is by far the best physician I have ever seen. He listens to his patients and does everything he can to help them. He runs extensive lab work, but he doesn't just look at labs; he considers the whole patient (symptoms and all). He will work with you until he gets things right, no matter how long it takes. He's patient and consistent. He calls patients back himself to discuss labs as soon as he receives them, and his office staff is great too.
RID: 1163490
05/05/10 5 5 5 5 I have sleep apnea and have been seeing Dr. Doekel for several years. Everything said so far on this site has been correct. I am so glad I discovered this doctor. My hematocrit is high indicating my cpap might need increased so he called me back within about 2 hours of my initial call. So I go tomorrow to have my cpap checked and recalibrated. A high hematocrit can be discovered by a simple CBC blood test in the Doctors office. An elevated hematocrit can lead to all kinds of coronary an vascular problems because the blood is thick with red blood cells due to the sleep apnea. As sleep apnea patients stop breathing their oxygen level drops and the brain interprets this as "hey, wake up bone marrow and create some red blood cells. If the problem is not corrected a phelebotomy (drawing about 750 ml blood) is usually ordered until the patient is stable. Hope this might help someone.  Respond
RID: 890079
17/05/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Doekel was wonderful. He found a serious underlying problem that had been causing some bad impairments - and no one else bothered to examine this further. If not for Dr. Doekel, no telling how much longer I'd have suffered. He personally called me twice to follow up and see how I was doing. I got the distinct impression that he cares - unlike most everyone else. He took time to explain to me how my problems are caused and what will help them. He told me what could be done to improve my functioning. Very great doctor who really cares about patients. I wish everyone could have an experience like this. When you find yourself in need of his treatment, don't hesitate to visit.  Respond
RID: 577408
28/04/08 5 5 5 5 My internist ran a thyroid panel on me. My TSH came back as 7.4 (high). Just because my T3 & T4 scores were within the normal range, my internist said I was fine - no problem. I knew this was not right due to research I'd done on the Internet. (A high TSH indicates hypothyroidism regardless of T3/T4 scores). Dr Doekel was already my sleep apnea Doc, and I found out from the other review on here that he also treats thyroid patients. So I went to see him, showed him my test results, gave him my symptoms and told him of my other conditions (depression, fatigue, ADD/concentration issues, etc) and he started me immediately on Armour Thyroid. My TSH is now about 1.5 (ideal) and I have my life back! As another reviewer stated, HE calls his patients back with lab results, etc. Nice, older gentleman and very informed on Thyroid disorders and how to best treat them. HIGHLY recommended.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 39216
04/08/06 5 5 5 Excellent doctor. Office is efficient and well-administered. Insurance claims are timely filed. Doctor is accessible and responsive. Alas, after years of treatment I still have severe sleeping issues, but Dr. Doekel has stuck to it and tried everything known to medical science. App