Rate Dr. WILLIAM L. VERLENDEN

Dr. WILLIAM L. VERLENDEN's Ratings

I was very pleased with this surgeon. He made me feel comfortable and safe. He was always very pleasant to me and my family.

Submitted March 21, 2011 | flag

God bless Dr. Lane Verlenden - I wouldn't have the joy of being alive if not for his knowledgeable and expert care. He's very thorough in his examination and his professional competence in the surgical along with his attention to detail, keen and unwavering focus, interested and humane treatment of patients as the individuals that they are, his warmth, kindness and follow-up are beyond compare. We're very fortunate on the Monterey Peninsula to have his high level of expert care. Dr. Verlenden is an A+ physician, surgeon. I am grateful for his superb care, know that I am in the best of hands when I'm in need of his surgical diagnostic and surgical skills, and is a marvelous human being. Rona H. Halpern, Ph.D., M.F.T., S.A.P. Pacific Grove, California

Submitted Feb. 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. Verlenden was wonderful not just with me but in reassuring my then 16 yr old son that I would be well taken care of. I brought my son to Dr.Verlenden & he related his own story to my son, so that my son would not be scared. He told me my options & he gave me his opinion on them. The scar from the lumpectomy for breast cancer healed beautifully. I can't say enough nice things about this man. I highly recommend him. 4 years after my surgery I am still cancer free & look at life very differently than I used to. How can you thank someone for something like that?

Submitted Dec. 23, 2007 | flag

Was referred for a consult. Stood at the door, and basically said nothing was wrong. 13 days later, I developed peritonitis and part of my "normal" colon was removed. Too quick to judge the situation when he asked no questions, did not touch me, and stood at the door. A doctor of his experience should know that a doorway consult can come back and bite you. May know surgery, does not know communication or completeness.

Submitted April 5, 2007 | flag

Very knowledgeble. Always returns calls. Never makes a patient to wait. Explains everything. Great surgeon!

Submitted Oct. 17, 2006 | flag