Rate Dr. Mark Popkin

Dr. Mark Popkin's Ratings

The office staff is not the best and can be abrupt, curt, down right rude; wouldn't give you a dime for any one of them -- they don't answer your questions eitherso maybe they need a lesson in listening skills. If Dr. Popkin wasn't such a good doctor I'd have left him years ago. Took care of my daughter when she was very young and quite terrified -- he's awesome with kids! and now I see him about once a year for my own needs. Office runs pretty close to schedule - although you have to ask for the Saturday hours.

Submitted May 12, 2014 | flag

At first, he seems caring and knowledgeable but then i kept coming back for the same diagnosis and treatment (molluscum). The scalpel process is straightforward but because lack of time or else, he left me with a blood stain on my skin permanently. he rushes and rushes..he should know better that the puss in the molluscum is contagious and should be quarantined..obviously he uses the same scapel for every wart and doesnt clean it...

Submitted Dec. 4, 2011 | flag

If you're looking for a great, no nonsense dermatologist who will give you great medical care, look no further than Dr. Popkin. I've been to a lot of derms, and he is the best.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2011 | flag

Had multiple contacts with Dr. Popkin. On one occasion I had to wait a month and a half to see him - had to go to a wedding looking freakish. When he finally saw me he said to just keep taking the medicine I was taking (which obviously wasn't working). I asked him if oranges could exacerbate roseacea and he said, "No". When I looked on-line, they cited citrus fruits as a factor in roseacea. Why would he not know this? I arrived at one appt. and was told I didn't have one, not on that day and time and not at any other either. Made me wait one hour since someone else had "a real appointment". Then he saw me for 3 minutes. One time when I went to a follow-up appointment, he looked at me and said, "what the hell happened to you?" - I had to tell him HE had burned something off. If he hadn't have been so highly recommended, I would have switched much sooner. While his staff can be blamed for a lot of the problems, I would not recommend him ever.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2010 | flag

Dr. Popkin is the best and I need not say more. However, the reception group is a bit of a mess. Their actual hours do not even come close to being what their recording states-if it says be back from lunch at 1:00-maybe someone will answer by 1:30-if it says open until 4:00, at 3:00 you get the service because they are closed. But I will put up with all of it because Dr. Popkin is the best. Patient, knowledgeable, he's got it all.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2010 | flag

Simply the best. Very intelligent and compassionate. Although the wait is generally long, I never feel rushed once I'm with him.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2009 | flag

Very helpful doctor. Takes his time and I never feel rushed. Overall, a great medical experience.

Submitted Dec. 23, 2008 | flag

I have finally had to switch to a new dermatologist, and I am so glad I did. Dr. Popkin would prescribe the same thing repeatedly despite mediocre results, and the visit would be short and abrupt. This was especially frustrating because it would take me several tries to even get through to the office, since they often are not there to pick up the phone, even during their business hours (which are sporadic to begin with). Multiple frustrating experiences made me go look elsewhere.

Submitted July 1, 2008 | flag

He's great!!! He has helped my acne problem and is very thorough in in his examinations. I would definitely recommend him.

Submitted May 23, 2008 | flag

Excellent doctor in his field. My wife and I have gone for annual checkups to prevent skin cancer and other fair-skinned people's nemesis. Very thorough and willing to explain what he sees, the options we have for treatment. Doesn't rush you. Knowledgeable in the situations we have presented him with. Office staff very efficient.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2007 | flag