Dr. Mark Popkin

Grad. Year: 1985

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Mark Popkin has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dermatologist-related: skin disease, warts, acne, rash, dermatitis, skin tumors, moles, skin cancer, psoriasis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5470039
12/05/14 2 4 5 5 The office staff is not the best and can be abrupt, curt, down right rude; wouldn't give you a dime for any one of them -- they don't answer your questions eitherso maybe they need a lesson in listening skills. If Dr. Popkin wasn't such a good doctor I'd have left him years ago. Took care of my daughter when she was very young and quite terrified -- he's awesome with kids! and now I see him about once a year for my own needs. Office runs pretty close to schedule - although you have to ask for the Saturday hours.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
Respond

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9
RID: 1652160
04/12/11 2 4 2 4 At first, he seems caring and knowledgeable but then i kept coming back for the same diagnosis and treatment (molluscum). The scalpel process is straightforward but because lack of time or else, he left me with a blood stain on my skin permanently. he rushes and rushes..he should know better that the puss in the molluscum is contagious and should be quarantined..obviously he uses the same scapel for every wart and doesnt clean it...

RID: 1362156
13/02/11 4 4 5 5 If you're looking for a great, no nonsense dermatologist who will give you great medical care, look no further than Dr. Popkin. I've been to a lot of derms, and he is the best.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1268410
09/10/10 1 3 2 2 Had multiple contacts with Dr. Popkin. On one occasion I had to wait a month and a half to see him - had to go to a wedding looking freakish. When he finally saw me he said to just keep taking the medicine I was taking (which obviously wasn't working). I asked him if oranges could exacerbate roseacea and he said, "No". When I looked on-line, they cited citrus fruits as a factor in roseacea. Why would he not know this? I arrived at one appt. and was told I didn't have one, not on that day and time and not at any other either. Made me wait one hour since someone else had "a real appointment". Then he saw me for 3 minutes. One time when I went to a follow-up appointment, he looked at me and said, "what the hell happened to you?" - I had to tell him HE had burned something off. If he hadn't have been so highly recommended, I would have switched much sooner. While his staff can be blamed for a lot of the problems, I would not recommend him ever.
RID: 1077519
13/01/10 2 5 5 5 Dr. Popkin is the best and I need not say more. However, the reception group is a bit of a mess. Their actual hours do not even come close to being what their recording states-if it says be back from lunch at 1:00-maybe someone will answer by 1:30-if it says open until 4:00, at 3:00 you get the service because they are closed. But I will put up with all of it because Dr. Popkin is the best. Patient, knowledgeable, he's got it all.  Respond

03/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 781688
04/02/09 3 3 5 5 Simply the best. Very intelligent and compassionate. Although the wait is generally long, I never feel rushed once I'm with him.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 748984
23/12/08 1 3 5 5 Very helpful doctor. Takes his time and I never feel rushed. Overall, a great medical experience.
RID: 628627
01/07/08 2 2 4 2 I have finally had to switch to a new dermatologist, and I am so glad I did. Dr. Popkin would prescribe the same thing repeatedly despite mediocre results, and the visit would be short and abrupt. This was especially frustrating because it would take me several tries to even get through to the office, since they often are not there to pick up the phone, even during their business hours (which are sporadic to begin with). Multiple frustrating experiences made me go look elsewhere.  Respond
RID: 596377
23/05/08 5 4 5 5 He's great!!! He has helped my acne problem and is very thorough in in his examinations. I would definitely recommend him.  Respond
RID: 473111
29/12/07 5 5 5 5 Excellent doctor in his field. My wife and I have gone for annual checkups to prevent skin cancer and other fair-skinned people's nemesis. Very thorough and willing to explain what he sees, the options we have for treatment. Doesn't rush you. Knowledgeable in the situations we have presented him with. Office staff very efficient.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 461519
10/12/07 5 5 5 5 He is a wonderful doctor. I have had a number of growths removed with little pain or scarring. Easy to talk to, nice personality. Knows his stuff.
RID: 431578
19/10/07 5 5 5 5 I have been a long-timei patient. He is very thorough, and answers all questions. I would reommend him highly.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 395631
31/08/07 5 5 5 5 My children and I use Dr. Popkin, and I am beyond pleased with every visit. He is kind, compassionate, and pleasant. He will spend as much time as needed to thoroughly explain every situation and possible treatment and make sure we are comfortable with our decisions. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :)
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 372734
24/07/07 4 4 5 5 He helped me with an awful problem I had w/ so much compassion. He is very understanding. I was impressed with him even though every visit I had was painful not at all his fault but, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND him. Excellent bedside manner.  Respond
RID: 353327
25/06/07 5 5 5 I went to him for a second opinion. I actually like him better than the previous dermatologist and plan to continue with Dr. Popkin instead. He spent more time with me in one visit than the previous dermatologist did in 6 years!
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 45111
13/09/06 5 5 5 Thorough examination. My previous dermatologist somehow always found a few things to slice off. Not so with Dr. Popkin. Glad I switched.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 37004
20/07/06 2 1 1 Sorry to report he misdiagnosed my child. The medicine he prescribed acutally made the problem even worse. Had to see another dermatologist to get a correct diagnosis.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user