Dr. Nora Z. Tossounian

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Nora Z. Tossounian has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5672147
23/07/14 3 2 5 5 Dr. Tossounian is a very good doctor. She is smart, knowledgeable, and respectful. She explains things well and answers all my questions. My only complaint is that I always have to wait a very long time -- 20-40 minutes in the waiting room and another 10-20 inside the exam room. I have complained about this to the doctor several times and although she acted sympathetic nothing has changed.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Nora" to "Nora Z."

03/09/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "WEST ORANGE" to "Hackensack"

22/04/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "HACKENSACK" to "WEST ORANGE", Med School changed from "Johns Hopkins Univ Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21205" to "Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine"
RID: 1400371
29/03/11 5 4 5 5 She always will listen to your health concerns (when things can be, um, embarrassing, she is easy to talk to). Very thorough. Cannot say enough about Dr.Tossounian. I give her a 10 out of 5.
RID: 1394204
22/03/11 5 5 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Toussanian when my endo left the state. She assured me she could handle my issue and has done so perfectly! She listens, is patient and caring - I feel very comfortable in her practice and LOVE that she doesnt keep her patients waiting like so many doctors do.  Respond
RID: 1272856
16/10/10 4 3 5 5 I work in the medical field, and Dr. Tossounian is the first MD I've gone to who treated me like the educated healthcare practitioner I am. She listens to her patients and works with them from where they are rather than just imposing her book learning.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1236642
25/08/10 5 5 5 5 I was diagnosed with osteoporosis, tossed a prescription for Boniva and then the doctor hung up! So I was advised to see Dr. Tossounian and what a wonderful experience. Caring, attentive, bright and obviously a sound choice for me. I told her my reluctance to take Boniva and she said she would respect that but after a few more tests we would talk about it together. How much better does it get?
RID: 1211036
19/07/10 5 5 5 5 The Best doctor I have had in years. She is a gift - smart, compassionate, great listener, takes the time to ask questions - a good "sleuth", as internist should be. I have recommended her to my inner circle and will continue to do so. Staff is fantastic - pleasant and helpful. Truly a remarkable find! Dr Tossunian is wonderful - I hope she will be my doctor until I'm a little old lady :)
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1169587
14/05/10 5 5 5 5 I've been looking for a good GP forever. I finally went to Dr. Tossounian on the recommendation of a friend and I love her. She clearly read my chart before coming in and was on point with everything. She talks and listens and does not rush your appt at all. The staff is very helpful which was important to me since that is who you have to deal with most of the time. Jeanine (i think thats how you spell it) was so nice and a Yankee fan! :) Rose helped me through the paperwork and over all just had a wonderful experience.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 756596
06/01/09 4 3 5 5 Really enjoyed my visit with Dr. Tossounian. This was the first time I saw her and she clearly reviewed my chart before she came in the room. She took my concerns seriously, which is very important to me. Her office staff is extremely helpful and polite. So happy I found a good internist in NJ!