Dr. JAMES K. PORTERFIELD

Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 24/06/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 3 reviews. Dr. JAMES K. PORTERFIELD has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Cardiologist-related: heart disease, heart problems, artery disease, arterial disease, vein problems, stents, angioplasty, coronary artery disease
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9
RID: 2682770
18/06/13 5 4 5 5 Dr Porterfield is good at diagnosing and explaining both his diagnosis and recommended course of action. He was sensitive to my time and convenience and arranged for me to have special tests done immediately so I wouldn't have to drag this out. He was also easy to talk with and patient in discussing my options for dealing with arterial fibrillation. He explained in detail his rationale for preferring a particular option and was understanding when I was reluctant to follow his advice. After getting a second opinion, however, I did follow his advice and he performed a cardioversion that was highly successful. I no longer have afib. I would highly recommend him.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2563728
18/02/13 4 4 5 5 The last rating was EXACTLY how I feel about Dr. Porterfield. By the far, the best physician I have ever met. He takes the time to listen and he is compassionate and knowledgeable. I wish he was my internist as well.
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 1630540
10/11/11 4 5 5 5 Extremely knowledgeable, thorough, and straighforward physician. I would trust Dr. Porterfield with my life. His diagnostic abilities are excellent and he is a kind, caring doctor. I wish he were my internist.
Insurance: Medicare