Rate Dr. James K. Porterfield

Dr. James K. Porterfield's Ratings

Dr Porterfield is good at diagnosing and explaining both his diagnosis and recommended course of action. He was sensitive to my time and convenience and arranged for me to have special tests done immediately so I wouldn't have to drag this out. He was also easy to talk with and patient in discussing my options for dealing with arterial fibrillation. He explained in detail his rationale for preferring a particular option and was understanding when I was reluctant to follow his advice. After getting a second opinion, however, I did follow his advice and he performed a cardioversion that was highly successful. I no longer have afib. I would highly recommend him.

Submitted June 18, 2013 | flag

The last rating was EXACTLY how I feel about Dr. Porterfield. By the far, the best physician I have ever met. He takes the time to listen and he is compassionate and knowledgeable. I wish he was my internist as well.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2013 | flag

Extremely knowledgeable, thorough, and straighforward physician. I would trust Dr. Porterfield with my life. His diagnostic abilities are excellent and he is a kind, caring doctor. I wish he were my internist.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2011 | flag