Dr. Sridhar S. Nambi

Foreign Lang: Tamil

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Sridhar S. Nambi has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: does he participate in Cigna?    Email me    Answer it

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

24/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.8
RID: 3641187
22/12/13 4 4 5 5 I've been apatient of Dr. Nambi for five years. He is a BRILLIANT endocrinologist and a REAL GENTLEMAN. He has kept my diabetes under control without insulin. He reports everything to my internist and my nephrologist. I have never had a more knowledgeable and caring doctor in my life.
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Sridhar" to "Sridhar S."
RID: 2899112
07/10/13 4 4 5 5 I am not sure which Dr you saw. Dr.Nambi is very courteous and friendly. He has an excellent bedside manner. Treats patients with kindness.  Respond
RID: 2882235
27/09/13 1 1 1 3 I was not impressed with Dr. Nambi for several reasons. One of my biggest problems with him was that he did not call a female nurse in before examining me (I'm also female). While he was examining my neck, I was looking at him and he PUSHED MY FACE AWAY while saying "Shhh calm down" every time I tried to look at him. Needless to say, I was not calm and very disturbed by his lack of respect. He attempted to make a diagnosis that was uninformed, incorrect, and not even a real disease (tampon-induced anaphylaxis). I would not recommend seeing him, especially if you are a female patient.
RID: 2760841
11/08/13 5 4 5 5 Any endocrinologist you call nowadays are over booked and overscheduled due to heavy demand. I have always found that Dr.Nambi's office accomodates people based on emergencies.They try their best but as both doctors are heavily booked it is difficult to get appointments. I have never had any trouble with them. Dr.Nambi is very good. I have been with him for over 4 years.He is a brilliant endocrinologist.
RID: 2755061
06/08/13 1 2 2 2 My Dr. referred to Dr. Nambi. He does not take my insurance. I have to see Dr. Boradia. So far I have not had my visit, however, not impressed with staff at all. They gave me an appt. 3 months away. My Dr's office called them and now he is coming in on his day off to see me. They made it sound like he they were doing me a favor. This favor is betweeen the two Dr's and their relationship. Indian woman I spoke to on the phone, talked down to me and treated me very poorly. Hey, I'm the customer, don't treat me like crap. I gave it right back to her.I am hoping I get better treatment from the Dr. than I did from his staff.
RID: 2398135
10/08/12 4 4 5 5 The best endocrinologist ever! This man is brilliant, kind, caring & very patient. He never criticizes, blames or chastizes me when my blood sugars are high. He just puts me on the right path & adjusts my insulin. The wait time can be up to an hour, but definitely wiorth the wait! Dr Nambi is such a credit to his medical profession! I have been going to him for more than 10 years. I highly recommend Dr. Nambi! AAA+++
RID: 1510937
12/08/11 3 4 5 5 Really knowledgeable and helped me tremendously. He is one of a few doctors who listens to patients. His genuine interest seem to be medicine/health and helping patients so you can really work with this doctor to maintain or improve your health. Wait times can be long and it is not easy to get an appointment but he is totally worth it.
RID: 1484859
12/07/11 4 4 5 5 Dr Nambi is a very caring and knowledgeable physician. He took the time to listen to my concerns and quiet my fears. Six thyroid tumours are no joke. He studied my medical history and then ordered tests. He kept my primary care doctor informed every step of the way. He discussed the test results with me and used small words to ensure that I understand my conditions and the next steps that were necessary to treat it. After two years of failing heath it is a relief to finally have a doctor looking for the cause of my illness and not just treating the symptoms. I would recommend Dr. Nambi to all my loved ones looking for an endocrinologist
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1483253
10/07/11 5 5 5 5 Have known Dr. Nambi for last couple of years and he is knowledgable about his profession and work. If you are looking at looks of the office and not worried about your health, still not a bad place but you should be visiting the Dr.'s with probably lesser experience and do the compromise. Have had good experience with staff also.
RID: 1477474
01/07/11 5 5 5 5 very good doctor. I have not had a problem with the staff. Takes time and explains. answers any questions  Respond
RID: 1443300
17/05/11 1 1 4 5 Waited almost an hour for first appt. When I asked why it was taking so long, staff member said, well he WAS called away to the hospital-as if I should've known this & it was a reasonable excuse for wasting my time. I would have preferred to have been told from the start, when I asked if he was running ontime. Dr. Nambi's bedside manner was good. He's kind, calm, thorough & knowledgeable. Saw him for about 10 min. Prescribed a follow up test. Afterwards, I realized I'd misplaced the script. Called the office aske for help to get another. They said well if he didn't scan a copy then no. (NO?!) But they'd look into it & call me back. Still waiting for a response (been a couple of weeks). In the meantime, I found the script, had the test & called the office for the results, which were sent from the hospital the same day. They said they'd leave a message. W/ the Dr.? W/me? I called back later on to ask was normal response time. Harsh reply was: we don't know. Dr.'s are w/patients all day.
RID: 1296081
17/11/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Nambi is one of the finest doctors I have ever had. He was recommended by a friend who is a TV health correspondent. He has helped me tremendously. His makes sure I understand everything he is telling me. He takes his time, answers my questions in detail and his treatments are successful. My trust in him is complete. His staff is helpful and empathetic. If we have to wait a bit, it is well with itsince I understand that he takes the same time & care with all his patients. I am so grateful to have found Dr. Nambi. His devotion to his medical practice and his patients ane undeniable.
RID: 1281981
29/10/10 4 5 5 5 I went to Nambi with my dad, who has been under Nambi's care for his diabetes. I felt that Nambi was extremely intelligent and compassionate. It meant a lot to me that he didn't force my dad into any treatment he wasn't comfortable with, and was willing to work with what made dad feel at ease. I have to mention that Nambi also patiently listened as my dad vented (on and on) about his work and home stresses, and that Nambi truly listened and gave advice on decreasing stress to help manage his diabetes. I didn't really interact with the staff, so I can't say anything about them. I liked Nambi so much for my dad, that even if his staff was terrible, it would be worth it just to see this doctor.
RID: 1226872
11/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr.Nambi is an excellent doctor. I was recommended by my primary care and by my friends. I have been with him for over 2 years now. Both staff and doctor are very caring and excellent
RID: 1199674
30/06/10 5 5 5 5 very good doctor.excellent staff.explained things in detail.made me very comfortable. will definitely recommend him
RID: 1056072
13/12/09 5 5 5 5 Dr.Nambi is a wonderful physician. He spends time with his patients and that does extend his waiting time. But it is worth it as he listens to you and treats you appropriately. He is a rare physician in these days. I have been going to him for a long time and know his wife. She is the manager and tries to help patients as he is busy. I have not known her to be nosey or arrogant or rude  Respond
RID: 1052813
08/12/09 1 1 4 4 While Dr. Nambi is a very good Doctor who listens and takes his time with you (after you wait forever to get in), his staff is horrible. They are rude, inefficient, and uncaring. I completely agree with the assessment above about his wife. She is SOOOO rude, and arrogant. I cannot imagine why a doc office would be staffed with people like this. It is a shame, but despite him being a great doc, I cannot deal with his staff and have found a new doc.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1043354

25/11/09 1 1 2 3 Dr. Nambi is a wonderful physician however he is very busy, waiting time is over 2 hrs before you get to see him, visits are 5 minutes long. He has a very rude/abrupt/unfriendly staff that will not work with the pt to make a reasonable appointment. You get one option and if you have to change it you're out of luck you have to wait 3 months for another appointment. His wife is also a staff member and is very rude and nosey wants to know everything about the pts (she's not a nurse or medical assistant). I have lost respect because it's just almost impossible to see the doctor. Oh, and on top of all of the above you pay foor your copay at the time of your appointment and then you get a bill in the mail for the copays you've paid...isn't that great!  Respond
RID: 887597

14/05/09 1 1 2 4 Dr. Nambi is a good physician. However his insurance participations, his poor response time to appointments and always trying to put you off on another staff member. His physician referrals ar to the worst possible doctors (surgerons) and his lack of follow-up are reasons to avoid seeing him. Knowledge is great, actual hands on leaves a lot to be desired.  Respond
RID: 785427
09/02/09 4 3 4 5 Dr. Nambi, is by far one of the best Dr.s I have ever seen. He is very knowledgable, he allows you to ask questions, he listens. He is a one in a million. I would recommend anyone to see him. The only issue is his staff can be very abrubt, sometimes the staff thinks they are the Dr.
RID: 685943
17/09/08 5 4 5 5 This is by far the best doctor. He is one of the most knowledgable endrocrinologst you will find. I went to a different doctor for about a year and my blood glucose was out of control due to the insulin dosages that doctor was telling me to enter. Nambi correct the problem immediately. Highly recommended. Only problem is he dosent accept too many insurances.
Paid (or co-pay): $35