Rate Dr. Lewis J. Kanter

Dr. Lewis J. Kanter's Ratings

I was very pleased with my treatment by Dr Kanter. I feel he was knowledgable and conservative with my treatment plan instead of rushing me into shots or drastic changes. I appreciate that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2552558].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Great doctor! Very knowledgable and really cares about his patients. The best allergist in town. Staff is very friendly and helpful/

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2552506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Dr. Kanter and his staff have been incredibly effective at solving my child's long-standing excema and allergy issue. We have a clear action plan to help find the root cause of my child's excema, and have already reduced the symptoms 90% in less than 1 week! Special thanks to his associates Dr. Porch, nursing staff, and the Physician's Assistant Melissa Howie for helping us navigate the world of childhood allergies.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

I have been taking my 3 children to Dr. Kanter for the last 7 years. I find him to be very helpful and my children have had great success treating their allergies and asthma. One of my children does allergy shots and like all the allergy shot staff. His allergies are amazingly improved and he's off daily allergy meds in less than a year. I'd highly recommend this doctor and office to other suffering with allergy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2515429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

We are new to the area and my wife was referred to Lewis Kanter for our young daughter. Her experience was rather unpleasant. My wife was present during the entire initial consultation and did not feel anything was out of the ordinary. At one point during the second visit my wife stepped out to use the restroom and when our daughter was alone with Lewis Kanter it was another story. She was asked some questions that did not seem unusual to a young lady like what she liked to do in her spare time but others were clearly inappropriate like whether or not she had a boyfriend yet and if she liked his beard. She also commented that several times he had clearly brushed on her breats when he was moving around her but she was too afraid to say anything at the time. Needless to say neither of us ever returned and I caution others to be careful leaving your children alone with Lewis Kanter. Something is very troubling with this individual.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2228002].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 21, 2014

Dr. Kanter is a good doctor and has helped me to get better control of my allergies. However, some of his staff members are really awful and make that part of the health care process at his office a big burden. For example, I recently tried to get some billing information for an issue that my insurance company was complicating and the person over the phone wouldn't even give me a chance to ask my question before she answered with the wrong information and basically hung up on me. And several of the aids who give the allergy shots are scary and unprofessional - I avoid them when possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][97570].votes_count ]]