Dr. Kenneth J. Lazarus

5 1 2.5

You may also like

Rate Dr. Kenneth J. Lazarus

Dr. Kenneth J. Lazarus's Ratings

If you have never met Dr. Lazarus you will not like him on first visit. Upon first impression you may think him to be stand-offish, pompous or even arrogant. I was reluctant to go initially because other patients had already warned me about what they perceived to be a personality disorder. I decide to comply with my referring physician who held him in very high regard. I am so glad I did . Dr.Lazarus treated me aprox. 10 yrs. for chronic post-op pain from a radical neck dissection due to tongue & throat cancer. Under his care I was able to live a fairly normal life and resume to work long enough to stay for a full retirement instead of an early disability retirement. Despite the fact that Dr. Lazarus is short on conversation,bed side manner and the warm & fuzzies. I am convinced he really does have the best interest of his patients at heart. If you want a very skilled & knowledgeable doctor,that understands his practicing art.this is your man for pain management. If you want a doctor who will joke,BS,and deliver a wonderful bedside manner with mediocre results you may want to keep looking.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2813309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

I agree with the other comments here. Dr. Lazarus is unkind, doesn't tell me much, and HATES to be asked questions. My condition has gotten worse the past year or so, and he was angry that I've needed more pain relief and that I wanted to know about surgery. He yelled at me and kept telling me "I only get paid for 3 minutes" (said it 3 times) Stormed out of the room. HORRIBLE bedside manner. I am currently looking for a new doctor. Plus the wait time is now 2 or more hours, and when you are in pain, it's unbearable to sit there that long, then sit in the back room a possible 3 hour. Do not suggest this doctor at all unless you like being treated badly. The PA though is very kind and nice and is the only reason I have continued to go there this long.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1966069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1966068].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2013

Seems like Dr Lazarus was pushing cymbalta this month I 've been seeing him for two years for pain management I'm currently taking four ten mgs of methadone a day and three 10-325 mgs of endocet a day .Well when I objected to the cymbalta he became enraged and said and I quote [your already taking a boatload of narcotics] then walked out as if nothing happened.I'm still in shock I definetly won't go back but can I file a complaint with anyone that counts

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1966067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1966066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2012

I suffered a stroke in 2010 and was hospitalized. I had the unfortunate experience of having Dr. Lazarus assigned as my neurologist. The first time he visited me he entered my room without saying a word, walked past my bed, took a seat and proceeded to ask me questions. There was a nurse in the room when he entered and she told me who he was. He never introduced himself or acknowledged me (or my daughter who was with me). After Dr. Lazarus completed asking me questions he abruptly got out of the chair he was sitting in and walked out of the room without saying another word. I requested that the hospital assign a different neurologist to handle my case. Although some of the ratings for Dr. Lazarus are praise worthy mine is definitely not. His coldness towards me and self consumed nature caused me to feel as though he cared little if at all for my condition or treatment. I can't really rate him on helpfulness or knowledge, he had little to say in terms of communication.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1966064].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

He has been a God send for me. I am Bi-Polar and he has helped me more than any psychologist, psychiatrist, counselor or medical doctor has helped. I am convinced that Dr. Lazarus truly cares and that he has helped me more than anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1966063].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2011

His office staff is not at all understanding of migraines. He has NO personality. The only thing good about his practice is Wallace Green, his PA.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1966062].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2011

My mother had a stroke. He visited her 2 times, both times he was negativve and short. He never gave us the results of her MRI or brain scan. Unbelieveably, he never told us what caused the stroke or her prognnosis!!!! I found out more information online than from him. He needs his license revoked immediately!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1966065].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

He was very mean. He gave me my medicine the first time there and then I came back and he accused me of taking extra meds. Well the first time there I told him everything I had taken in the past. He said "i don't care" about me having told him what I took and discharged me with NO medicine to come off of oxycodone which is VERY dangerous. HIs main minion there was the worst. She got in my face and told me that I was "worthless" because I cried about it. I'm still working on a lawsuit .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1966061].votes_count ]]