Rate Dr. Michael K. Wong

Dr. Michael K. Wong's Ratings

I am a Costco member and I enjoy the convenience of going to this optometrist office and then buying my glasses from Costco. They stand behind the quality of their glasses and the prices are always very competitive. My elderly mother used to go to a large private practice but the waits were long and too many staff members interacted with us before we saw the eye doctor. Plus, It was not always the same doctor. We did appreciate the latest technologies offered, but our needs are simple and we have never been told we have any conditions that need special management. The Costco optometrist office is more personable and for a reasonable price, we did not find it hard to switch our eye care here. We tried to walk-in on a Saturday so it was a little hectic, especially since the office is not very large. The Doctor had a good bed side manner and spent about half an hour with my mother while I watched. I think the exam would have been shorter, but older people demand more patience :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][97783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2013

I just needed a prescription for new glasses. This office was close by so I decided to give it a try. It's convenient but a little hard to spot the office at first. Front desk was helpful, but a short handed. There is just one staff helping out the doctor. Having said that, I was able to see the doctor with in fifteen minutes. I spent about 15 minutes with him and it was a thorough exam. I learned that I have a freckle in the back of my eye and I'm not a candidate for lasik surgery due to my high astigmatism, but I am a candidate for a different procedure that I can't remember the name of...anyway, overall everything went well and I left with a prescription for glasses.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][97782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

Small business done right. Very easy to schedule an appointment with the front desk. Friendly, efficient service. My insurance benefits were clearly explained to me, including non covered contact lens related charges. The location is quirky, I tried to turn into the plaza but that it has one way entrance and exits...but it is right off the highway. The office is small, but clean. Noise level was higher than normal due to close proximity to the front desk and the doctors exam room is right outside the waiting room. Overall, I was very pleased to find this hidden gem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][97781].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

Great front desk help. I wasn't aware I had a separate vision plan under my medical insurance and I ended up paying no copay. The doctor was also thorough and addressed all my needs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][97780].votes_count ]]