Rate Dr. John M. Dalena

Dr. John M. Dalena's Ratings

Let me start out by saying that i do not write reviews normally but I felt compelled to save people from going to see this man. All these positive reviews are strange!

John Dalena who is undeserving of the title "DR" could not care less about his patients(or as he sees us, cattle!). He did an endoscopy on me, introduced himself which was scary since he was the doctor that ordered the endoscopy and I had seen him a few days before this incident. After the endoscopy was complete he was walking by where I was sitting, I said "excuse me doctor!" cause I was still in pain and had a few questions. He rolled his eyes and sighed like a 16 year old girl. I just said "never mind" and he walked away.

2 weeks later I went to his practice because I was still suffering with no answers. Apparently 2 other people with the same first name were dealing with this office at the same time which will become relevant in a moment. He came in the room and said "Wow thanks so much for coming" Which I thought was a strange greeting. i said "well thanks for seeing me". He gave me 16 year old girl "tude" again and told me to go to a neurologist. I didn't know what to make of it till I got in the car and my wife told me how the staff was talking about 2 other people with the same name as me and how they cancelled that day only to come anyway. So I guess he assumed i was the one who cancelled and came in anyway.

So, If you want no help for your medical problems and a man with the attitude of a teenage girl to take your money for nothing, by all means go to John Dalena. Whats really scary is that this man/child has doctor of the year awards in his office. I can only assume that they were purchased off Ebay.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2582899].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

Dr. Dalena and his staff run a very friendly, helpful and efficient facility at 65 Ridgedale Ave . Clearly Dr. Dalena sets a good "tone from the top". This was my second colonoscopy in the last year and my experience both times was the same.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577257].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Dr. John Dalena is a great doctor: he knew what he was doing, and the colonoscopy procedure went extremely well this past March. His superior expertise aside, I could tell that John was truly interested in helping people with medical needs. He even answered all my phone calls very promptly. I don't think he became a doctor to make money, he became a doctor to help others in need. I am very happy to get to know a great doctor like John. His unparalleled knowledge, skill and service truly amazed me. You cannot go wrong with John... He will give you the best treatment possible, period. Thanks a million, John, for a job well done! To me, you are the pride of New Jersey!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

I have been to many physicians over the years, but, I have never met an extraordinary person like Dr. Dalena. He was wonderful and made me feel extremely comfortable and I am a very nervous person to begin with. He is extremely intuitive and knowledgeable. He ordered all the appropriate tests in order to get an overview of my situation. He was most generous with his time on the day of my colonoscopy, which was comforting, and he met with me shortly after the procedure to let me know his findings. Dr. Dalena is by far one of the BEST doctors I have been to in years and I will tell you that if you are looking for a great gastroenterologist; Dr. Dalena is the person you want to work with and his office staff is excellent and friendly to work with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2412315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

I went in for a routine colonoscopy screening. Although he came highly recommended, I had never met Dr. Delena. I had some unusual circumstances. They were not serious, however both the staff and the doctor were extremely compassionate. I never felt that my issues were trivialized. The procedure was quick and painless.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][699874].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

Dr. Dalena is very warm, personable, kind. He is unusual, to be honest... very genuine and really wants to help you get better, which is so nice to see. He's also very good at what he does, a nice plus. He helped me get better after years and years of being sick. I've been feeling great for over a year thanks to him! I am extremely grateful. The office staff is friendly, responsive and helps you with basics like getting appointments, testing, refills, and is also very good at working with your insurance company on difficult challenges. I have found the office in general to be fantastic to work with! I'd recommend Dr. Dalena to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][699873].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Dalena for many years. He is personable, approachable, efficient, and timely. I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][699872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

Affable, caring, punctual, thorough. Not an alarmist. Dr. Dalena has been my GI doc for about 10 years and I am always impressed by his skill, demeanor and professionalism.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][699871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2012

This year I have had both a colonoscopy and endoscopy. Dr Dalena has a great bedside manner and makes sure you dont have any unanswered questions. His staff are great, caring and personable. I recovered immediately from the anesthetic and was completely back to normal by the time I got home 30 minutes later.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][699870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Dalena for over 20 years for Ulcertive Colitis. He has returned all my calls on a timely basis, he has ordered all necessary tests and has followed up with me every 6 weeks until I am in remission. Dr. Dalena is the best dr I have ever gone to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][699869].votes_count ]]