Rate Dr. Rosario R. Trifiletti

Dr. Rosario R. Trifiletti's Ratings

I think many of the reviews are fake too glowing.
Here's the reality from my experience and I was there two years.

The pros
1) Dr. t is very knowledgable
2) Dr T does extensive testing
I would say he cares but he stopped caring when he hired Mary and Paul
The cons
1) obscene charge per visit not just initial consult
2) absolutely no follow up. Will never return a call even in emergency. So if you go on a med and have a side effect and want Mary or Paul's advice go ahead!
3) does testing you don't need
4) misinterprets titers Everyone has been exposed to a lot.
5) many of his cases are Tourette's with No sign of infectious trigger.
6) doesn't do high dose abx long term
7) changes medications a lot and then is not able to discuss unless you come again and pay huge fee
8) went from chaos office where they lost info to nasty staff whose sole purpose in life is to keep you away from the doctor. Not sure which staff is less appealing. Stopped answering email.
9) doesn't take even good insurance. Ours pays well but I think caps visit length. All he would have to do then is shorten visits and do more. There are prominent neurologists who take insurance. How do they get rich? They don't seem starving to me.
10) has not to my knowledge cured anyone. Dr. Kovacevic claims to have cured people. Dr. Boubolis takes many insurances so I will travel to one of those two next time. I also will find a PANDAS friendly Ped or naturopath. There are more and more all the time.
11) why should I pay Dr T to "think about a case"? Isn't that what EVERY doctor does? He thought about my sons case so much that he mistook him for another boy including the name and symptom history. That's what I pay $400 for?
12) has no referrals for Ocd. Seems entirely unknowledgeable about symptom he is treating!!!

Dr T
If you really cared about patients and I don't think you do,
You would not have hired the office staff to replace you. Are Mary or Paul even nurses? Don't think so. Can I pay $75 to see them?

I've never had a doctor harder to reach. I should say impossible. Can't give Meds and labs and charge for those follow ups. It's not only gross and unethical to me it seems illegal.
My son's behavior changed radically on medicine and I had to discontinue myself without medical advice. That's when I knew I was done here.
I am sure there won't be any follow up. Even my dentist calls annually.

If you want information read a ton online or see Dr. T once but he is absolutely NOT someone caring who you would ever want treating your child!

AVOID!
Also don't expect on time anything.
I guarantee you that you will feel ripped off horribly from this financially and emotionally. Find a pandas doctor with more success and who cares. Dr T will insist these are his terms but then explain how he cares. Sorry but the way he is now is basically not just uncaring but bizarrely unfair to and dangerous for patients. He probably has staff posting reviews. They should prequalify patient reviews like on zocdoc.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2816258].votes_count ]]

Submitted May 23, 2015

Dr. Trifiletti is one of a kind, a rare gem. He is up on the most cutting edge information, and an excellent diagnostician. He uses genetic testing and extensive detailed interviews to connect the dots of seemingly unrelated symptoms. He has diagnosed my daughter with syndromes only discovered and given a name two years ago. Even top doctors at top hospitals don't match his expertise. He takes plenty of time with each patient to get to the source of the symptoms. Now my daughter is able to get treatment that hasn't been able to be diagnosed or successfully treated before.
Dr. Trifiletti does not take insurance but his fee is well worth paying for. If you are frustrated going from doctor to doctor without much success in treatment, Dr. Trifiletti is the miracle you've been looking for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2795826].votes_count ]]

Submitted May 2, 2015

Dr. T is a supremely knowledgeable pediatric neurologist in Ramsey, NJ, with vast experience and expertise in diagnosing and treating PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorder Associated With Strep)/PANS (Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric syndrome). He is a brilliant and dear man who has devoted his career and life to helping to save our children from PANDAS/PANS, which steals childhoods if misdiagnosed and mistreated or not treated. He is currently a sole practitioner and works 15+ hours a day helping our kids. He is in most Sundays and holidays, as well, tending to his busy practice and labor intensive patient analyses, data mapping, appointments, etc. People come from across the globe to this amazing doctor and brilliant researcher. I have never had any problem booking a prompt appointment, which is what I do if I have loads of questions or need updated labwork etc. Dr. T simply does not have time to answer every phone call and email, but is making every effort to improve in this area, including hiring all all new staff. He is doing the very best he can for as many as he can. Dr. T gave us our son back and we continue to book periodic follow up appointments to keep him on the right track. We always look forward to seeing Dr. T. His respect, kindness, knowledge, tenderness toward my child, commitment, etc. IS SIMPLY UNMATCHED in our experience. We LOVE Dr. T and wholeheartedly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2689822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

Dr Trifiletti is an excellent doctor. I couldn't recommend him more highly than I do to anyone that has a sick child, or to those looking for a second opinion. The staff always finds a slot for the new patient, or older one that needs fast attention.
It's very comforting to know that Dr Trifiletti is there for my family. I've called him out of hours and seen him on weekends. He's very dedicated to the well being of his patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2681696].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

No works your insurance, but in my case All I can say is that it's pandas is not a simple flu, is complex and requires a great experience to treat it properly, so do not take my decision based on medical insurance but on the experience of the doctor, his references , preparation and background. He is our angel!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2675179].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2015

The people who are giving him bad reviews must be kidding me. Dr. T. Is one of the only doctors out there who is trying to figure out what the root problem is with my son. I have taken him all over including NYC and others are just using their standard medical text book but my son is not a text book case and watching him suffer was so painful!

Thank God for Dr T. who has actually helped my son with his hard work and experience!! Don't people get that there are so many children suffering with complex problems and it takes time for each case. Give Dr. T a break... He's a very special doctor !

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2670828].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2015

Do not see Dr. Trifiletti I am a nurse and i was so angry with him and his office staff Silkey.
Not only is she rude she is stupid! There was no follow up for my son which is so important to see if his treatment worked. Dr. Triffiletti ignored my husbands e-mails for follow up blood work. I quess there was not enough money in it to do follow up blood work

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2585716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

Dr. Rosario R. Trifiletti's response
I am sorry you did not have a good experience. We are working very hard to improve our staff.
I also feel that calling my staff member "stupid" is an ad hominem attack that is inappropriate for a social medium setting. You can contact me if there are any further questions,

Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

Good Dr, rude staff! Not worth the money, other Dr's out there just as educated. Spent over $1000 on lab work, took 2 months to get results to me then charged me for the results!!! There are others out there that will go through insurance.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2546030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Dr. Rosario R. Trifiletti's response
We are working hard to improve our staff. I hope that you find another doctor that meets your needs. Neither we, nor any other doctor, can ensure that any tests recommended are covered by insurance.

Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

Dr T has been the key to expediting my sons pandas improvements. He's the best and worth the money. We have always had timely courteous and comprehensive interactions with this physician.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2510537].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

Very expensive. Doesn't take insurance. Insurer only reimburses small part of fee after deductible I spent close to $2000. Had long waits, no replies to emails, couldn't get prescriptions, worst receptionists ever. Not nice to do to needy families.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2484834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2014

Dr. Rosario R. Trifiletti's response
We are working hard to improve our staff. Things are already getting much better .....

Top Urgent Care Centers in Ramsey, NJ