Rate Dr. CHRIS KRESSER

Dr. CHRIS KRESSER's Ratings

Who ever heard of a healthcare practitioner not shaking someone's hand upon meeting that person? Chris Kresser seems like he'd be better off doing research than working with people. This is the coldest health experience I've ever had, and he was no help on top of that. Money seems more important than health care to him, and everything is overpriced.

Submitted Jan. 10, 2013 | flag

Chris is incredibly knowledgable, and I think I have made progress because of him, but I was really disappointed by his bedside manner (he's cold and not sympathetic... I felt like I was wasting his time when I spoke to him) and by the way that his office was administered. I have a chronic illness you want to feel like someone has my back, and I definitely did not experience that with him. That said, I have learned a ton from his podcasts and his general knowledge. My feeling is that he sees way too may patients and he's bitten off way more than he can chew in terms of the number of patients he's seeing.... that, and he really needs to work on his bedside manner.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2012 | flag

First, there is a tremendous outlay of money for labs which I could have simply ordered online and paid for myself. Second, the consultations with Chris seemed more speculative than informative, like it was some kind of academic exercise based on the last article he read, and the result was always more labs being ordered. He even ordered a couple of tests twice, I think not realizing he'd just ordered that same thing. Third, I got a boatload of expensive supplements which never seemed to make any difference at all; incidentally, these could all be ordered online rather than through his office, which would save you money. Fourth, he never did nail down the problem, which I finally figurerd out myself with, surprise, a little internet research. His office staff is impatient and act as though they are busy with more important things than the concerns of a pateint. Finally, he didn't seem to remember who I was when I emailed questions.

Submitted April 19, 2012 | flag

All talk. Doesnt investigate your health like he claims he will. Does not really care about helping you. Only interested in getting your money not getting you healthy...

Submitted April 15, 2012 | flag

Not a very compassionate person. Does not explain things in laymen terms. Seems to be all about pushing labs and expensive pills. He does not try and help you like he promotes he will on his blog. You will be lucky if you ever here from him after he takes your money. He should concentrate more on his patients instead of emaing you to like him on face book...and hire friendly staff. Two thumbs down.

Submitted April 3, 2012 | flag

Huge waste of time and money. Does not live up to the hype. I would stay away

Submitted Feb. 11, 2012 | flag

I thought this was a $50 consult. That is what the contract said. Then I ended up paying $350? When I talked with Chris trying to set up doing my labs with my insurance rather than paying hundreds if not thousands out of pocket, he seemed to have a hard time understanding some people lack all the money in the world. He also seemed indifferent to my health issues and I felt like an idiot in the $50 for 15 minutes interview. I felt I wasted $50 or $350. I am having a panic attack right now about this unexpected financial mistake. Despite what he or his admin says it is Chris's responsiblity to make sure we are proceeding with either the &250 or the $500 track. Clients are new to this set up and we cannot be blamed. What is worse is Diane, his amin is pretty harsh and impatient, in my opinion, unkind. I lack confidence in these people's manners and understanding of people with limited funds.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2012 | flag

Intelligent and caring functional health care practioner. Quickly identified issues and helped fix them. Recommend to anyone having issue when their MD is stumped or lazy.

Submitted Sept. 29, 2011 | flag

Bedside manner needs work. Does not seem to like to have a dialog with patient about ways to proceed with care. Does not seem to care for curious patients with questions and opinions. He is very knowledgeable but using knowledge to shut down the dialog with a patient is just not helpful in my opinion.

Submitted March 7, 2011 | flag