Dr. Jeffrey R. Gunter

Dr. Jeffrey R. Gunter

Rate Dr. Jeffrey R. Gunter

Dr. Jeffrey R. Gunter's Ratings

My first visit for a full body check should have been a warning sign of how he rushes. I was told to strip and stand up so he could look with my arms out. Very humiliating. He did two biopsies, one I asked him to do came out to be pre cancer, the one he chose was a freckle. I went back for the pre cancer and had two biopsies done, then he wanted to freeze the area. Of course I paid for each visit and waited at least an hour each time. After he froze the area it never blistered, scabbed or sluffed off any skin. Well after sitting and waiting for an hour and 45 minutes I asked him to redo without charging me He said he doesn't treat for free. I said I don't expect free treatment except his prior treatment failed and it should be redone without charging me. He did not care and repeated he doesn't treat for free. This to me is a Dr. who only cares about money, not the patient or their time. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. He was extremely rude and could care less.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2014 | flag

I like Dr Gunter. The staff has always treated me respectfully and call to remind me of my appt. Yes the waiting room is full but patients move in and out quickly. There is a big TV an things to read. I asked several questions and got alot of information. He is a nice man and is at the top of his game. BUSY because he is good. My issue required surgery and special stitches. It looks very nice now. I have tried other derms nearby and more than once (3 times in fact)I took time off work to go there. They could not find my records...3 times! so the visit was a waste. When I finally did have MOHS surgery...I was put out in the building hall to wait with an open wound on my face. I complained to Blue Cross and they did not pay them. Neither did I. Remember, if Dr Gunter makes people so unhappy then he would not have the volume of patients coming in. Just unerstand he is not a chatty type person. ASK questions when he addresses you. If you don't then he will leave ...

Submitted July 21, 2013 | flag

Forgotten in exam room for 45 minutes. Took 3 weeks to get any results on a perscription approval from insurance company. Staff is unprofessional, doctor spends very minimal time with patient.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2012 | flag

He took forever, I was waiting at least 2 hours. That is way to much time, just to see him for about 5 minutes.

Submitted May 30, 2012 | flag

He was extremely rude, no time to listen, argumentative, disrespectful, brash. I would NEVER recommend him to anyone no matter how credentialed he may be. Waiting room very uncomfortable. Reception and nurses were lovely.

Submitted March 2, 2012 | flag

Dr. Gunter was no help to me at all, in fact-my acne was worse after I went to him. I went to him for cystic acne and he perscribed me meds then told me to return in one week. then my appt was cancelled so I came back a month later, I told him the acne was worse but he perscribed the same thing and told me to just do what he says because he's the doctor. Both appointments I tried to ask him questions and he barely spoke to me, didn't listen to or answer my questions. He was rude. He would walk in, barely look at me write a perscription and walk out. The staff was horrible as well.I only saw him twice, but had a hard time getting the appts because they always called and cancelled. I had a third appointment that I was going to ccancel but didn't need to because they called me to reschedule. I told them there was no need, I'm going to find a real professional that cares about their patients.

Submitted May 29, 2011 | flag

HORRIBLE!! SOOOO RUDE! I went in for my appt, which was rescheduled TWICE, and waited for over an hour! He was rude and didn't answer my questions. He walked out the door while I was still talking-I followed him out into the hallway and he said the nurse will take care of me. He acted like I was an inconvenience and had somewhere better to be. I don't understand how he could be so late for my appointment when he spends so little time with patients. He told me to come back in 2 weeks and my appointment was rescheduled (AGAIN!) for 2 weeks later. So it had been a month since I had seen him and was on the medicine. I told him the stuff he gave me wasn't working at all and he just prescribed the same stuff and said to come back in 2 weeks. I made the appointment, but went out to look for a different derm. His RUDE staff just called to reschedule my appointment-which I was going to cancel anyway. This guy doesn't care about his patients-he only cares about the money. AND HE SUCKS!

Submitted May 5, 2011 | flag

I wanted for 2 hrs, other people there said this is normal. He was very arrogant and rude, thought he was a gift to the dermatology world. He did not answer my questions well, and made me feel like I did not have a good reason to be there. I told his staff and him that I would not be back to that office under any circumstances and that I will spread the word and hope others will listen.

Submitted Oct. 20, 2010 | flag

Way too overbooked. Waited over 2 hours and he saw me for about a total of 5 minutes, and that included him removing a lump on my leg. It was painful and he did not answer my questions or concerns. No bedside manners at all and I would definitely not ever refer him. Then he sent me a bill for $65.00 and another one for biopsy for $59.00. Very rude doctor and really shouldn't be a doctor as far as I'm concerned; it's quanity not quality with him!!! Unfortunately, he is one of the few dermatologist that takes Medicare, so most of his patients are elderly; but they deserve to be treated with respect!! :(

Submitted Nov. 11, 2009 | flag

The staff is extremely rude...put me on hold for 15 minutes while clicking on and off and never once apologized. This guy needs to do something about his staff!

Submitted July 15, 2009 | flag