Dr. ANNA R. BORON

Rate Dr. ANNA R. BORON

Dr. ANNA R. BORON's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 10, 2014 | flag

Went to her for my Graves' disease back in 2011. I stopped going after 3 visits. She told me that my thyroid hormone levels were abnormal and gave me 3 options. To surgically remove the thyroid gland, do a procedure where they burn it off, or take medication that works to stop the thyroid function completely. During this time she had me taking Methamizole and I think the other medication was Metropolol. I was 21 at the time and didn't like the idea of having my thyroid removed so I did a little research and found that changing my diet could be the cause of this and could fix this. I mentioned this to Dr Boron but she didn't look intereated and said I needed to remove it to avoid potentially fatal consequences & that I'd be on hormone producing pills for the rest of life. So I took my chances, stopped seeing her, stopped all meds about 2-3 months later and am feeling fine 2 yrs later with normal thyroid levels :) She might be a great Dr to others, but WE didn't work out.

Submitted July 27, 2013 | flag