Rate Dr. Michael A. Mont

Dr. Michael A. Mont's Ratings

There is not enough I can say about Dr. Mont. My knee issues started in 3rd grade. Both were rebuilt in my late teens and I had orthoscopic surgery to my right knee about 15yrs ago. In the last 2yrs I've had multiple cortosone shots and even the Gel shot,(for $1000.00). Dr. Mont changed my life and more so.., gave me my life back. I limped horribly for years and really had no life that I enjoyed. There is just no-way to express how Very GRATEFUL I am to Dr. Mont and his staff and the staff at Sinai hospital. I had both knees replaced,(one surgery) 9-26-2011 and 6 months later am walking daily 3-5 miles with NO ISSUES. The procedure and therapy were HARD! But on the other side life is AMAZING. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Dr. Mont and your team at the Rubin Institute. I would recommend Dr. Mont and his team to anyone who suffers daily with severe and constant pain. Do yourself a favor and let Dr. Mont into your life! Scott N. Holokai age 47.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][700654].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012

I don't remember my insuance company as it was back in 2006 and 2007. I had one hip resurfaced the one year and the other the next. I would highly recommend Dr. Mont. I would be in a wheelchair now if it weren't for him. He gave me back my life. Jane Pascarella

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][700652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

Dr. Mont did an EXCELLENT job on my total hip replacement a few years ago. I had been in severe pain for a few years beforehand and scared of undergoing major surgery. I can't say enough good things about him and the care I received at Sinai Hospital. I recovered quickly and was able to drive, do steps, walk, shop, etc., within 3 weeks. My incision scar is short 2-3" and 99% invisible (I have to search to find it)! DOCTOR MONT WAS EASY TO TALK TO, CARING, AND MOST OF ALL HAS THE "EXPERTISE" AND EXPERIENCE TO DO THE JOB. HE IS WONDERFUL. IF I EVER HAVE TO HAVE ANY ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY AGAIN, I WILL ONLY HAVE DR MONT AND HIS TEAM DO IT. *****DR MONT GAVE ME MY LIFE BACK! For anyone contemplating this surgery, I highly recommend him. Do not hesitate... he is your best choice! And I know other patients of his who swear by him also. He is the BEST!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][700651].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2011

Dr. Mont performed my hip resurfacing surgery and was tremendous. He is a very focused and incredibly busy surgeon; so if you are looking for the touchy/feel'y kind of doctor, Mont isn't likely going to be the doctor for whom you are looking. However, if you are an active, young to middle aged male like myself who has chronic arthritis of the hip, then Dr. Mont is your guy. He know's what he's doing, he walks you through the process and his staff answered all my questions. They really were great. I would highly recommend Dr. Mont for any hip resurfacing procedures out there. The procedure that he completed on my hip, a Stryker hip resurfacing, has truly given me my life back. I know can chase after my son and forget about the pain I USED to have. The uncertainty and fear associated with hip surgery is enough to drive you nuts; and no surgery is w/o potential complications and the occasional horror story; but there's not another surgeon that I would consider other than Dr. Mont.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][700650].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2010

I had a new proceedure done in effort to save my knee from a total knee replacement. This new proceedure is currently part of a progaram called the Bio-Cart Study, being done by Dr. Mont. In December 09 though arthroscopic surgery a small amount of cartiledge was harvested in my right knee. It was then sent to Israel where it was "cloned". The cartiledge was then placed back into the worn areas of my knee. The rehab was difficult but the over-all result has been very successful. I am currently pain free and can do things now I could not do before. I am completly satisfied with my out-come. I would highly reccomend this proceedure and Dr. Mont for thoes who are appropriate candidates.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][700649].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2010

Hi, my name is Kimberly Wagner. I am 35 years old and i have Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease. I was diagnosed at the age of 5. I was in stage 4 when i was referred to Dr. Mont.I can remember Dr. Mont saying to me that he could not believe that I was even able to walk by the look of my x-rays. I had been turned down by 5 orthopedics before I met with Dr. Mont.I met with him Nov, 22, 2005 and my surgery was set for Jan, 6, 2006. His staff took really great care of me and helped manage my pain and always called me back the same day to answer any questions. I was on a cane and I had gained several pounds. My surgery was difficult and I went to Kernan's for 6 weeks once I left the Rubin Ins. Since my surgery I have lost over a 100 pounds and I no longer use a cane. I am having some swelling with my knee and I think I will always be in pain. Dr.Mont you are a wonderful Dr. and I still remember the hug you gave me as I cried in your office.You gave me back my life. Thank you for everything.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][700648].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2010

Dr. Mont is one of the top hip and knee replacement doctors in the country

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][700647].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2010

Dr. Mont replaced my left hip in 2003 and r/hip in 2004. I have NO pain now but before surgery I could barely walk or sleep. I was in excruciating pain. I walk without a limp now unless I'm very very tired. I had hip displaycia and osteoarthritis and my hips just wore out after 40 years as a waitress. I was 53 and 54 at time of surgery. I am 60 now. I am completely satisfied and would recommend Dr. Mont to anyone who needs hip or knee surgery. He is very very busy, and sometimes doesn't seem like he's really paying attention to you because he's multi-tasking. Don't let that fool you. I am totally pleased with his skills. The nurses seem over-worked, though. The hospital food was horrible, but I would go back to him in a heartbeat. He is very punctual but he might be talking on the phone to some other patient or insurance company while he is talking to you. It's a bit unnerving at first, but strangely, you get used to it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][700646].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2010

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][700659].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2010

Dr. Mont did a wonderful job on my total hip replacement surgery. I was in severe pain. After 3 weeks of recuperation, I was doing so well. I could do so much more of everyday chores (not real strenous at first). I have not had ANY pain (in my hip, leg, or foot) after the first 3-4 weeks, and he gave me my life back! I have severe Osteoarthritis in a few other areas, but the new hip is so good. I am so happy. No other problems with my replaced hip, like I hear and read about from other post-op patients. He is the best (that I know of), and I will go to him again if I need surgery!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][700645].votes_count ]]