Dr. Michael A. Mont

Baltimore, Maryland Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Orthopedics / Sports
Website:
Practice: Michael Mont (MD)
Hospital:
Phone:410-601-9000
Med. School:University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Grad. Year: 1984

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 22 reviews. Dr. Michael A. Mont has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5573421

22/06/14 3 1 1 1 This Dr. performed surgery on my brother, and when complications arose, he failed, TWICE, to correctly diagnose the problem. His demeanor indicates he would rather "sweep my brother under the rug" than deal with the issues and complications HE created! Since no other surgeon will touch him, my brother is at the mercy of this seemingly incompetent surgeon once again, since NO other surgeon will touch him, but it took a "second opinion" to diagnose an infection, something this doctor failed to follow through on when problems were brought to his attention. My brother has no confidence in this surgeon and is csc  Respond
RID: 5501018

29/05/14 1 1 1 1 HIV positive and Hepatitis C positive. Dirtiest Doctor in Baltimore. Highest infection rate on the east coast.
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 5423209
24/04/14 5 5 5 5 Dr Mont gave me a painless life back .I am a very active 52 male who have limped for quite some time now. One thing immediately I realized after hip resufacing surgery was I was painless. I am on week 11 and running through physical therapy.At the rate I am going I will be 100% by June. My thanks to Dr. Mont and the gracious staff at Mt Sinai. I am getting my quality of life back.
RID: 4827829

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.0  Respond
RID: 3644492
30/12/13 3 1 2 1 I was looking at right hip replacement surgery. Dr. Mont was referred by a colleague. The appointment set up was easy enough. However, when I arrived at the office,waited for 2 and half hour for a 5 minute appointment with Dr. Mont. When I finally saw him, office was closed and he spared us 5 minutes consultation. During that 5 minutes, he was on a call with another patient. So,I really got about 3 minutes of his attention. He was condescending,rude,dismissive. Did not examine my hip problem (didn't care nor have time for me). I decided to go to Anderson Clinics for second opinion and surgery with Dr. Goyal and vey happy with my decision and the results.
RID: 3599853
08/11/13 5 3 5 5 I went to Dr Mont after I was given a knee that never worked for 9 months, apparently that dr put it in too sizes too small. Dr Mont totally saved my knee I am walking after 6 weeks like a new woman. His staff is excellant and he cares for his patients. He is a miracle worker whom I highly recommend.
Insurance: Tricare
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Michael" to "Michael A."
RID: 2650923

17/05/13 2 2 1 1   Respond
RID: 2490546
05/12/12 1 1 2 5 Appears to be an excellent surgeon but severely overbooks appointments until patients are overflowing into the hallways, and has only shown up for 3 of 6 total appointments with me. Rubin Institute and Sinai Hospital admin staff have very poor customer service skills and my experiences as an in-patient at Sinai Hospital were horrific and not addressed after written complaints to surgeon and customer service department.
RID: 2418027

05/09/12 1 1 1 1
Paid (or co-pay): $60000
RID: 2386870
28/07/12 4 1 1 3 While there is a lot of positive feedback on this forum regarding this doctor, I had a horrible surgical outcome with him. He mutilated me. There are so many other EXCELLENT and HONEST surgeons in the Baltimore area, avoid this one. If I can save anyone from the horror I experienced and am still going through due to this surgeon, then my time was well spent posting this.
RID: 2386818
28/07/12 4 2 1 5
RID: 2056649
20/04/12 5 5 5 5 There is not enough I can say about Dr. Mont. My knee issues started in 3rd grade. Both were rebuilt in my late teens and I had orthoscopic surgery to my right knee about 15yrs ago. In the last 2yrs I've had multiple cortosone shots and even the Gel shot,(for $1000.00). Dr. Mont changed my life and more so.., gave me my life back. I limped horribly for years and really had no life that I enjoyed. There is just no-way to express how Very GRATEFUL I am to Dr. Mont and his staff and the staff at Sinai hospital. I had both knees replaced,(one surgery) 9-26-2011 and 6 months later am walking daily 3-5 miles with NO ISSUES. The procedure and therapy were HARD! But on the other side life is AMAZING. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Dr. Mont and your team at the Rubin Institute. I would recommend Dr. Mont and his team to anyone who suffers daily with severe and constant pain. Do yourself a favor and let Dr. Mont into your life! Scott N. Holokai age 47.
RID: 1726393
01/03/12 5 5 5 5 I don't remember my insuance company as it was back in 2006 and 2007. I had one hip resurfaced the one year and the other the next. I would highly recommend Dr. Mont. I would be in a wheelchair now if it weren't for him. He gave me back my life. Jane Pascarella
RID: 1580749
06/11/11 4 3 5 5 Dr. Mont did an EXCELLENT job on my total hip replacement a few years ago. I had been in severe pain for a few years beforehand and scared of undergoing major surgery. I can't say enough good things about him and the care I received at Sinai Hospital. I recovered quickly and was able to drive, do steps, walk, shop, etc., within 3 weeks. My incision scar is short 2-3" and 99% invisible (I have to search to find it)! DOCTOR MONT WAS EASY TO TALK TO, CARING, AND MOST OF ALL HAS THE "EXPERTISE" AND EXPERIENCE TO DO THE JOB. HE IS WONDERFUL. IF I EVER HAVE TO HAVE ANY ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY AGAIN, I WILL ONLY HAVE DR MONT AND HIS TEAM DO IT. *****DR MONT GAVE ME MY LIFE BACK! For anyone contemplating this surgery, I highly recommend him. Do not hesitate... he is your best choice! And I know other patients of his who swear by him also. He is the BEST!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1254881
20/09/10 5 3 5 5 Dr. Mont performed my hip resurfacing surgery and was tremendous. He is a very focused and incredibly busy surgeon; so if you are looking for the touchy/feel'y kind of doctor, Mont isn't likely going to be the doctor for whom you are looking. However, if you are an active, young to middle aged male like myself who has chronic arthritis of the hip, then Dr. Mont is your guy. He know's what he's doing, he walks you through the process and his staff answered all my questions. They really were great. I would highly recommend Dr. Mont for any hip resurfacing procedures out there. The procedure that he completed on my hip, a Stryker hip resurfacing, has truly given me my life back. I know can chase after my son and forget about the pain I USED to have. The uncertainty and fear associated with hip surgery is enough to drive you nuts; and no surgery is w/o potential complications and the occasional horror story; but there's not another surgeon that I would consider other than Dr. Mont.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $2000
RID: 1245060
07/09/10 4 3 5 5 I had a new proceedure done in effort to save my knee from a total knee replacement. This new proceedure is currently part of a progaram called the Bio-Cart Study, being done by Dr. Mont. In December 09 though arthroscopic surgery a small amount of cartiledge was harvested in my right knee. It was then sent to Israel where it was "cloned". The cartiledge was then placed back into the worn areas of my knee. The rehab was difficult but the over-all result has been very successful. I am currently pain free and can do things now I could not do before. I am completly satisfied with my out-come. I would highly reccomend this proceedure and Dr. Mont for thoes who are appropriate candidates.
RID: 1238971
28/08/10 5 5 5 5 Hi, my name is Kimberly Wagner. I am 35 years old and i have Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease. I was diagnosed at the age of 5. I was in stage 4 when i was referred to Dr. Mont.I can remember Dr. Mont saying to me that he could not believe that I was even able to walk by the look of my x-rays. I had been turned down by 5 orthopedics before I met with Dr. Mont.I met with him Nov, 22, 2005 and my surgery was set for Jan, 6, 2006. His staff took really great care of me and helped manage my pain and always called me back the same day to answer any questions. I was on a cane and I had gained several pounds. My surgery was difficult and I went to Kernan's for 6 weeks once I left the Rubin Ins. Since my surgery I have lost over a 100 pounds and I no longer use a cane. I am having some swelling with my knee and I think I will always be in pain. Dr.Mont you are a wonderful Dr. and I still remember the hug you gave me as I cried in your office.You gave me back my life. Thank you for everything.
RID: 1236502
25/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Mont is one of the top hip and knee replacement doctors in the country
RID: 1197162
26/06/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Mont replaced my left hip in 2003 and r/hip in 2004. I have NO pain now but before surgery I could barely walk or sleep. I was in excruciating pain. I walk without a limp now unless I'm very very tired. I had hip displaycia and osteoarthritis and my hips just wore out after 40 years as a waitress. I was 53 and 54 at time of surgery. I am 60 now. I am completely satisfied and would recommend Dr. Mont to anyone who needs hip or knee surgery. He is very very busy, and sometimes doesn't seem like he's really paying attention to you because he's multi-tasking. Don't let that fool you. I am totally pleased with his skills. The nurses seem over-worked, though. The hospital food was horrible, but I would go back to him in a heartbeat. He is very punctual but he might be talking on the phone to some other patient or insurance company while he is talking to you. It's a bit unnerving at first, but strangely, you get used to it!  Respond
RID: 1189424

14/06/10 2 1 1 4   See Responses
RID: 979757
03/09/09 5 3 5 5 Dr. Mont did a wonderful job on my total hip replacement surgery. I was in severe pain. After 3 weeks of recuperation, I was doing so well. I could do so much more of everyday chores (not real strenous at first). I have not had ANY pain (in my hip, leg, or foot) after the first 3-4 weeks, and he gave me my life back! I have severe Osteoarthritis in a few other areas, but the new hip is so good. I am so happy. No other problems with my replaced hip, like I hear and read about from other post-op patients. He is the best (that I know of), and I will go to him again if I need surgery!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 765262
15/01/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Mont and his staff are outstanding. I am so grateful for his skills and and the way he applied them which gave me my life back from years of pain and a cane. I can walk with out limping and no one can tell which leg was operated. Whenever I am peacefully walking, I always remember to say prayers for him and all his remarkable team he built at Sinai, The Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics. No amount of money would be too much to pay for what I have now. Never before, have I felt so cared for and treated with understanding, respect and compassion as they showed me. I had hip resurfacing January 2008. Dr. Mont has performed more than 1600 of these operations. Every doc I saw before him wanted to do a total hip replacement. The resurfacing is bone sparing and more natural range of motion. I found the best, and got the best for an old widow lady. Thank you Rubin Institute Team, Sinai Hospital.
* - Rating left by a registered user