Rate Dr. George R. Vito

Dr. George R. Vito's Ratings

I had my bunion surgery performed by Dr. Vito, he did a wonderful job. He has a great chairside manner and his staff was great. He did the surgery at a surgical center, and everything went as smooth as silk. I have a bunion on my other foot, and will be soon getting that one done also.

Submitted Sept. 12, 2013 | flag

I went to see 3 other podiatrists in the area, and all of them referred me to Dr. Vito...I figured if three other podiatrist referred me to the same doctor, he must be good!, and he was much more than good. He new of my problem, gave me conservative and surgical treatment plans, and I went with the surgical plans. When more than one doctor refers to you to the same Doctor, you know he is something special. All I have to say, is that if you have a foot or ankle problem, you need to see this guy, he is good.......

Submitted Sept. 11, 2013 | flag

I had surgical removal of plantar warts and it went extremely well. Dr. Vito seems very knowledgeable and reasonably priced.

Submitted July 21, 2013 | flag

Federal grand jurors have indicted a former Macon podiatrist on four counts of bankruptcy fraud, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office. Dr. George Robert Vito allegedly made false statements under oath by filing documents in his Chapter 7 bankruptcy case in which he intentionally omitted certain financial details, including his financial interests as well as control and ownership of a number of corporations, according to a news release. Vito also filed an amendment in his case in which he allegedly intentionally left out certain assets including cash, income, furniture, jewelry, real property and corporations, according to the release. The indictment, filed Thursday, also alleges Vito knowingly made a false assertion that his bankruptcy petition and supporting documents were “true and correct” and that he provided false testimony at a creditor’s meeting, according to the release. Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2013/04/12/2435943/former-macon-doctor-indicted-in.html#storylink=omni_popular#wgt=pop#storylink=cpy

Submitted April 13, 2013 | flag

I recently had surgery by Dr. Vito, he is great, takest he time to talk with you, and makes sure you are comfortable. He fixed my problem..The only problem now is that he left the practice. I understand he is now in High point and in Charlotte. Good for him,,,I will follow him where ever he goes,,,,,he is great.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2012 | flag

I had A small implant put in recently, and I had worries that it might not work, as my first surgery performed by a different doctor, was unsuccessful. However, Vito did an excellent job. Although my foot is still sore because the surgery was recent, I have no pain from walking. And for the first time in my entire life, I have an arch in my foot, and walk straight. So thank you Dr. Vito!

Submitted Jan. 12, 2012 | flag

I have had multiple evaluations of my foot, and no one seemed to find the answer. I read about Dr. Vito, and his expierence, he is great. I went to him, he found my problem, fixed my problem, no more pain. Then I did more reading about him, and how well trained he is, and his travels through the world. We are very lucky to have such a doctor in Winston Salem.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2011 | flag

The hospital privileges of a Macon podiatrist werer suspended after he was jailed, accused of crippling patients and refusing to pay a $3.9 million civil judgment. Dr. George Vito turned himself in to U.S. Marshals on Aug. 8 after being held in civil contempt. Vito has refused to pay $3.9 million in damages for prior malpractice judgments. . U.S. District Court Judge Ashley Royal ordered Vito and Foot & Leg Centers of Georgia to pay those damages in May 2007. In his decision, Royal said Vito was involved in evidence tampering, perjury, witness intimidation and wire fraud in a pattern of racketeering that dated back to 1999 and “continues to the present.” According to court documents, Vito has not paid any of the damages and remains in jail and was expected to stay there until he complies with the order, said federal court officials. Source: Monroe County Reporter (8/28/08)

Submitted July 19, 2010 | flag

Dr. Vito treated me for a broken toe and I absolutely loved him. He was friendly, professional and an excellent physician. I would go to him in a heartbeat if he was still in practice.

Submitted June 17, 2009 | flag

Dr Vito removed 2 bone spurs from my left big toe in 2006. The swelling has never gone down. Now I cannot wear normal shoes. I will never wear heels again. He should not be practicing!

Submitted April 17, 2009 | flag