Dr. Barry S. Dicicco

Grad. Year: 1979

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. Barry S. Dicicco has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pulmonologist (lungs)-related: respiratory system, pneumonia, bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, cancer, lung disease, chronic cough, lung cancer, dyspnea, sarcoidosis, pulmonary hypertension, acute respiratory failure, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

18/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Barry" to "Barry S."
RID: 1531644

07/09/11 1 1 1 1 The Doctor is great. His staff is horrible. He needs better support. It is a shame
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 777477
30/01/09 1 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Doctor Dicicco's for several years. I'm a bone marrow transplant survivor and have had a massive heart attack that resulted from the radiation therapy I was given. I'm having issues with difficult and labored breathing. I think the world of Dr. Dicicco, but I finally gave up putting up with his staff today and am looking for a new pulmonologist. I spoke with Dr. Dicicco and he said that he was only a doctor in a very large practice and there was nothing he could do and that he had had several similar complaints from other patients. It is a real shame when patients feel they have to find a new doctor because of an office staff.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 429256
15/10/07 5 5 5 5 I have been a long time patient. In 2006,Dr DiCicco saved my life.Unable to get help from other doctors to diagnose the reason for my exhaustion, I finally went to Dr D because my breathing was labored. He took ecogram and found I had complete heart blockage, sent me to the hospital where physician there recommended a pacemaker immplanted immediately. He is a caring and competant physician. He's A+ in my book.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 60675
30/11/06 5 5 5 I found Dr. Diccio to be thorough, patient and interested. His ability to be professional and personable gave me confidence in him. His demeaner and his ability to close the space between himself and his patient earned my trust.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 35819
12/07/06 5 5 5 I have been seen by Dr. Dicicco for 21 years and I can't say enought good things about him. Fortunately, outside of the original severe asthma attack I had in 1985 I have only had three others and have never had to be hospitalized for any. I attribute that to Dr. Dicicco's excellant care. He is extremely caring, listens well and actually wants your imput in your treatment plan. On the other hand I saw one of his partners once, and would never have returned to that office again if it meant seeing him again so be sure to ask to see Dr. Dicicco.  Respond