Rate Dr. Nalini Chandra

Dr. Nalini Chandra's Ratings

Because of our kids condition, we have seen more than enough child neurologists. Most of the time, I have felt that these doctors are disconnected from the problems of my child or even the challenges we family members face. BUT then I heard about Dr CHANDRA and decided to get my child treated. The office is inviting and the staff is courteous. Dr. Chandra is a beautiful and educated professional. She walked in with an excellent and caring demeanor and spent time asking me questions about my child. I feel in that first visit, my child was treated well and as a parent, I felt I received sincere and empathetic counseling. By the time of our follow up, Dr Chandra had reviewed our child's previous records in detail. She was aware of our kids challenges. She offered pragmatic solutions to our problems.
There are other reviews about her not wanting to use alternative therapies. It could not be farther from truth. I had been researching about the "oxygen" therapy for our kid. But Dr. Chandra was able to explain the possible side effects of using such therapies and I would say I am glad she did. We do not ever want to put our child in precarious position. I TOTALLY LOVE THIS MD for my child.
Her schedule is a bit tight because of her limited hours but then again.. once you find a good doctor, you do not walk way. Dr Chandra's wait times for follow ups are no longer than other providers and if there is ever a need, she accommodates.
Her clinic is located close to Midtown Sacramento and is accessible via freeways. However, because it is in the proximity of the Sacramento business hub, the traffic can be a challenge at times. Once I arrived 20 mins late for the appointment and had to be rescheduled. I totally understand that. As a professional myself who sees clients, I feel its wrong for me to impose on someone else's appointments coz of my delay. Even at the time of reschedule, her office enquired my reason for visit to make sure that there was no urgent need to be seen by the doctor.
I believe everyone has a right to their opinion but I sure am glad that I finally found a physician who is as real and sincere as she can be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2734704].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

This MD is NOT WORTHY of your precious time!!! She was stone cold walking into the room and REFUSED to treat our daughter!!! She would not work with our child's biomedical MD, stating, "unless you're willing to take your daughter off alternative therapies, I will not see her." Our child uses Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. Since when is OXYGEN considered alternative??? The other treatment, NAMENDA, her own BOSS and DIRECTOR of NEUROLOGY (CHEZ) is a HUGE PROPONENT!!! She didn't even know the department's stance on this medication! And, instead of calling to cancel our 8AM appointment, we had to leave at 7AM to drive down in miserable Fix50 traffic from Elk Grove. I will NEVER go to this woman or neurology department EVER AGAIN. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2230841].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr. Chandra is not a patient centered physician...at all! Initially, we were impressed with her poise and what appeared to be a quite competent Neurologist. We have been continually disappointed by her behavior with our child and the disconnected manner in which she runs her practice . BIG ego and lacks insight as to what makes for a healthy patient/doctor relationship. She is in the field to satisfy her Ego first, patients needs are secondary. Maybe with time she will mature and become a solid physician, there are just better Doc in her field in the Sacramento area that don't require the patience it takes to deal with her. Don't let the good looks fool you! Your children deserve a compassionate, humble Doc, and Dr. Chandra is not it. Beside manner is somewhat cold and un-inviting and now ha limited hours. We just officially left her practice to never return. Signed, resonable parents with resonable expectations!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2230840].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

Good doctor, very knowledgeable and well informed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][174132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2013

As intelligent & proficient in her field as she is gracious & beautiful! We were glad to have gotten to see this thoughtful & thorough professional! 5 Stars!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][174131].votes_count ]]