Dr. M. BABAR Iqbal

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. M. BABAR Iqbal has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Which school did he go to?    Email me    Answer it

Anesthesiologist-related: pain relief for surgery, anesthesia
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5667781
21/07/14 1 3 3 4 My PCP misunderstood the urgent appt time with Dr Iqbal's secretary. I understand mistakes can happen. What upset me was I was in intense pain, barely able to walk, signed in and waited 75 min. The receptionist finally asked if I were waiting for someone. I said no, I was told to be there at noon to be worked in. She said no we said 2:00. I was in tears from sitting with such pain and asked her why she hadn't told me when I signed in. Well, she never looked at the sign in sheet, so didn't know. I sort of got an apology.I just suffered a few days and got a real appt time. Went again just to have him tell me he couldn't do anything without an MRI. He was a whole 2 minutes and out he went. My PCP ordered it upon his request. No pain medicine given prior, and with a bad back and being in severe pain I had to lay 45 minutes on my back with my feet tied pigeon toed, most excruciating pain imaginable. Come to find out I need a hip replacement. I will not go back, made pain, rec'd no help.  Respond
RID: 5640880
11/07/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Iqbal is amazing. I have been going to him for about 18 mos. he has given me quality of life again. He is very knowledgable. He takes the the time to listen, and if something didn't work he makes the proper adjustment. His nurse/receptionist Farrah is friendly and helpful.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Respond

06/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.9
RID: 5445525
05/05/14 5 5 5 5 I think Dr. Iqbal is a great doctor. His procedures helped my mother tremendously. I am happy to drive 40 minutes to take her to see him because he is the only doctor who can alleviate her pain without forcing her to take pills or have surgery. I think that is truly remarkable.
RID: 4292645
26/01/14 5 5 5 5 He is the Magic man. I'm up to 3 months with little or no pain. I have been seeing him for over a year. My next goal is 6 months after the next treatment. His receptionist/assistant Fahra is very caring and good at what see does. Stick with him if you want your life back. Go to someone else if you want to pop pills.  Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Babar" to "Babar B."
RID: 2892043
02/10/13 1 1 1 1 I took my sister to this dr. in order to fix her back pain. He suggested to use couple medications like seller to ease the pain, not to fix the pain. He did injection after while on her lower back which it did not help at all. I thnk he did the injection on the wrong area even though we had MRI. Also the receptionist is extremely rude and unprofessional. She does not even let you talk with the dr. himself. She does not even care about your pain and urgency of your situation. We do not suggest this dr. to anyone. I will inform the medical group and insurance company not to do business with him. If anyone had similar bad experience(s), suggest to inform insurance company immediately.
RID: 2810932
24/08/13 5 5 5 5 I was told not to use dr. Iqbal by someone, boy am I glad I did not listen to this person. Dr. Iqbal gave me excellent care. He is highly skilled, caring, top of the line in my book. His office staff was great and just as caring as he is. He gave me my life back when I had to wait months for my surgery. So if you want good quality care dr. Iqbal is the professional to chose. You won't regret it. I did not.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2676469
11/06/13 5 5 5 5
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2641378
06/05/13 5 5 5 5 DR. IQBAL IS GREAT!!!! PRIOR TO MY FIRST VISIT, I WAS EXTREMELY APPREHENSIVE DUE TO TERRIBLE EXPERIENCES IN THE PAST. HIS KNOWLEDGE AND PATIENCE AS WELL AS HIS EMPATHY FOR HIS PATIENTS MAKES YOU FEEL RELAXED AND AT EASE. THE STAFF HERE IS ALSO GREAT. I DO NOT HAVE ONE COMPLAINT NOR CONCERN, BUT MILLIONS OF COMPLIMENTS FOR HIM. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIS PRACTICE TO ANYONE THAT NEEDS PAIN MANAGEMENT.
RID: 2621153

18/04/13 1 1 1 1   Respond
RID: 2453974
22/10/12 5 5 5 5 Someone made the comment the Doctor was trying to sell them something that is absurd! Dr. Iqbal gives you the information you need in order to make an informed decision. I don't think people understand they need pain management not the Dr. Dr.Iqbal is a good listener and extremely patient. When I first went to him I could barely walk and stand straight up. He didn't push any type of treatment on me. I was extremely apprehensive about the injections because of a bad experience somewhere else. He never pushed me into making any type of rash decisions. I finally picked up the nerve to let him inject me. I'm glad I did although I'm not 100% pain free, I am 85% better than I was the day I crawled into his office. As for the receptionist she may lacks some people skills but in order for her to do better patients need to call her on her flaws.I would tell anyone who is having back problems to consult with Dr.Iqbal. The decision to receive treatment is yours he is only the facilitator of that.
RID: 2414869
31/08/12 5 5 5 5 Helped me so much I would go back again! Very experience, great manners, knows what he is doing and trust worthly. High recommended.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1705960
06/02/12 1 1 1 3 I wouldn't recommend thus doctor to anyone if my life depended on it!!! If only I had better health insurance I would have more options. The doc himself seemed some what knowledgeable but leaves you with the feeling of someone trying to sell something to you. For the lazy receptionist she is extremely rude , very unorganized and under qualified to even answer the phone!!
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1529245
03/09/11 5 5 5 5 Dr.Iqbal is the best pain doctor that I have gone to. He listens to you and treats you like a person. He takes his time with you and makes sure that you are satisfied before you leave. I have been to several doctors and, I do say that he is the best.  Respond
RID: 1360483
11/02/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Babar Iqbalis a very knowledgeable man with great staff. His office is located in a brand new building next to a pharmacy and parking is 20 feet from his front door, he treats me like I'm his only patient I rate him a 10, all the other Drs. I've seen for pain management, I'd rate 1 to 4
Insurance: Anthem