Rate Dr. Andrew Hokhold

Dr. Andrew Hokhold's Ratings

All $2,300 of my full upper teeth extractions were covered and this guy is AMAZING! I found nothing about his chairside manner nor his jokes offending whatsoever. Maybe he should not joke about his wife to others' wives. Instead he could joke about me waking up during the extractions of all my upper teeth, feeling the full brunt of 5 being tugged, he told me it was OK, go back to sleep! That was the most hilarious thing I ever heard coming from an oral surgeon. And his prices are very competitive. I had an estimate from another Dr. in Kelowna, and they were $1,100 more and probably not any better. I strongly recommend Dr. Hokhold. He is awesome!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][175775].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2013

Great work done! Very professional. Listened well to my questions and offered me choices.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][175774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2013

I have had three of my four children under the care of Dr Hokhold. All had issues with wisdom teeth and needed to have them removed due to lack of space and poor positioning. I have found Dr Hokhold to be a caring and knowledgable surgeon. I was particularly impressed with his care of my son who had previously suffered a severe concussion as this can create issues when going under anesthetic. All of my children had a speedy recovery with little or no swelling and the aftercare instructions were clear and concise. If child number 4 requires her wisdom teeth removed we will be back to see Dr Hokhold for her as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][175773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2013

I had 4 wisdom teeth removed. No pain, no problems. Yes, Dr Hokhold has particular sense of humour, and maybe it isn't for everyone - but I got it, and appreciated it. The staff gave me detailed information beforehand and afterwards. In sum, Dr Hokhold and his team made the whole process far less traumatic than I had feared.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][175772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2013

Dr. Hokhold performed extensive denistry over several months for me. I found him to be highly skilled, humerous and appropriate. His staff were kind, made me feel comfortable and relieved my extreme anxiety. Everyone was professional, helpful and genuinely caring. I am a nurse (have been for over 30 years) and value the quality care I received. I would highly recommend Dr. Hokhold and his staff. He is certainly not greedy, adjusted the pay scale commensurate with my budget. Love and affection to Andrew and staff!! Val Casorso

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][175771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2011

Made me feel so at ease about my wisdom teeth coming out, was very concerned about how I was doing during consultation making sure I was still feeling okay. Wonderful staff who were extremely friendly, would suggest him to anyone who needs surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][175770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2011

Awesome staff! Very helpful and informative...made me feel so comfortable with getting something done that I wasn't looking forward to in the first place. The dentist has a sense of humor and it really helped to make me feel at ease about having 4 teeth taken out. Another great thing was that the office only charges out fee guide prices which my insurance was able to completely cover....the other oral surgery office was going to charge me way more for the same thing. Would highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][175769].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2011

I would recommend Dr. Hokhold to anyone that had to have difficult extractions. From the time I walked into the office until the time the procedure was finished each and everyone of the staff and Dr. Hokhold gave me excellant care. I had two molars extracted and had very little discomfort or swelling. Thank you once again for the great care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][175768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Hokhold to have a badly infected molar extracted. I was prepped by his assistant while the Doctor explained what to expect during the procedure. He made sure that the area was well frozen to eliminate any pain. He worked very hard and got all the roots out. I never felt any pain, and healed up in a few days with no complications. The Doctor does have an unusual sense of humor, perhaps that is his way of putting you at ease during a stressful procedure. I was very grateful that an oral surgeon of his experience works in Vernon. I have no problem recommending him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][175767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2011

I had two wisdom teeth removed. I left with NO gauze just what they had in my mouth NO aftercare instructions, the Dentist joked about his wife on his wedding night which was very inappropriate, the staff apologized when I informed them I had no gauze by that time I was already 40 minutes away from the office, and suggested I drive back for gauze I have a young baby and had to drive around from pharmacy to pharmacy trying to acquire gauze by that time my baby was so grumpy I had to go home with NO gauze and had to phone them for aftercare instructions this shouldn't have happened and is inexcusable. I phoned and tried to get an appointment for another tooth to get removed and asked if I could get some kind of discount for the mistake THEY made and the secretary laughed at me. I can say Im NEVER going back and I wouldn't recommend this dentist to my ex mother in law

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][175776].votes_count ]]