Rate Dr. David Donaldson

Dr. David Donaldson's Ratings

I had a sever clicking/clunking on both sides of my jaw, every time my jaw moved it would click or clunk. My own dentist Dr. Pollock recommended me to Dr. David Donaldson in Victoria BC. My first appointment in September 2013, I was examined and diagnosed with a Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) disorder. Dr. Donaldson explained and showed me, what was causing my annoying clicking and clucking. On my return a plastic splint was placed over my lower teeth and to be worn all the time except while eating. Yes, I was apprehensive as we all are spending money and wondering, will this solve my annoying problem. January 2014, my clicking and clunking is completely gone. My wife and I can not express our appreciation and thank you to Dr. Donaldson for taking the time and his professional care necessary to repair my problem. I would highly recommend if your jaw is clicking see Dr. David Donaldson. He is very kind, gently and gracious, thank you again Dr. Donaldson.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][176054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2014

Avoid this one , he did no tests, just made the standard splint........... Such arrogance . He hates to be questioned and when wrong he gets angry. Slimy !

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][176053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2013

Although Dr. Donaldson was friendly and engaging, he did not like it when I questioned his diagnosis, asking if there were any possible other explanations for my tmj. After emailing him a few follow-up questions, he emailed me back, answering my questions, but also stating that he did not want to pursue treatment with me because I wasn't fully convinced of the treatment. He does not like his opinions questioned, and instead of talking further with me and giving me more information (and I was approachable and reasonable) chose to off me as a patient. I basically paid a lot of money to be told 'this is what the problem is and if you don't blindly agree, I want nothing to do with you'.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][176052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2012

Dr. Donaldson is the most experienced person I know of in treating TMJ disorder. I first saw him in 2005 after having little success with other dental professionals. Dr. Donaldson fitted me with a new appliance and I only needed three follow up adjustment visits. It is different for everyone, some people need to go longer depending on the severity of their condition. Dr. Donaldson is kind, compassionate and dedicated to getting his patients well again. I am now getting a new appliance after having been injured again in an auto accident and Dr. Donaldson was the first person I consulted and is certainly the most knowledgeable. I highly recommend him. I have read some of the other posts on here and having now known Dr. Donaldson for seven years I can't imagine anyone saying anything negative. My physiotherapist originally recommended Dr Donaldson to me and has told me so many of his clients have achieved great success in managing their TMj disorder. Happy he has a VIctoria Clinic now!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][176051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2012

Dr. Donaldson is great. I have never met a more knowledgeable and professional specialist when it comes to TMJ dental issues. He knows his stuff. I highly recommend him. Dean

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][176050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2011

I went for a year he fixed my pain I have been pain free for 8 years now I was at the point I had lock jaw & had daily neck & head pain. I will always be thankful to him! Worth the effort!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][176049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

This man has a one size fits all approach to TMJ pain. He becomes very rude and arrogant if the splint treatments don't work. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][176048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Dr.Donaldson is very good always takes the time to explain,alway gives extra time if needed

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][176047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2011

He is thorough and very experienced. Explained my treatments in easy to understand language. Took the time to answer all my questions in detail. Would recommend him to family and friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][176046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2011

Don't let him fool you with his initial niceties. He becomes very arrogant, rude, and defensive when you ask questions or tell him the treatment isn't helping as well as hoped (even after a never-ending series of adjustment appointments). The adjustment appointments are less than 15 mins and he charges quite a bit, so it becomes very expensive. I question if all the splint adjustment appointments are necessary and he should have a more professional attitude toward patients who ask difficult questions.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][176045].votes_count ]]