Rate Dr. E Popsor

Dr. E Popsor's Ratings

Because we live in close proximity to her clinic, we went to see her on few medical conditions with our 2 month old boy. I was really disappointed with her couple weeks ago when she prescrobed what could be dangerous medication for my son! she prescribed over the counter anti-constipation medication and this medication has a big warning on it which said " NOT TO BE TAKEN BY PEOPLE UNDER THE AGE OF 18"and when we asked,the pharmacist was even surprised at her prescription. Again, she saw my son few times about retractable testecales and she kept ordering ultrasounds when she all have to do is just feel them and she was against performing the correction procedure and only when we insisted she refered us to specialist who said this procedure is beyond important. My advise to parents is to judge themsalves and dont rely on her for decisions. Also, parents should be becareful on medication she prescribes and seek other medical opinions when in doubt.

Submitted Jan. 19, 2013 | flag

She is a very good and experienced doctor. My son is very comfortable with her and she always make sure that she examined him well before she decides. She is also willing to help all the time. We like her!

Submitted July 14, 2012 | flag

I have a 3 month old baby and Dr. Popsor was really nice with her. She was gentle, and when I was in the room, I didn't feel rushed at all, however the wait time is usually about an hour... She listened to my questions and answered them, she also gave me some tips about things I didn't ask about. I am a new mom, so any helpful tips are good. Like other people have said, she is quick to medicate, but you can take the perscription and do some research when you get home, and then make an educated decision. You can also ask her if there is any other way to fix the problem. I will be taking my daughter to her until she's too old! I really like her, espcially compared to other Doctors in the city.

Submitted Jan. 10, 2012 | flag

Awesome pediatrician, excellent doctor she always take the time to check your kids very well.

Submitted Nov. 25, 2011 | flag

My 13.5 mos son was diagnosed by Dr. Popsor with Pneumonia, Asthma, Undescended testicles. Went to AB Children's Hospital the next day and my son diagnosed with Sinusitis and his testicels are fine (no undescended testicles). In our experience with Dr. Popsor, we are very dissapointed with her diagnostic ability and that she prescribed wrong medications and showed poor communication with us. It is hard to believe that Dr. Popsor as a Pediatrician, can not determine a simple thing such as to find my son's normal testicles, how can she diagnose more complex internal conditions like Pneumonia ? Also, my biggest concern is prescribing wrong medications for a 13.5 months old child can be very dangerous and affect his quality of life in the future (eg : antibiotic resistancy and/or sensitivity, etc). And my complaint letter re:Dr. Popsor to Medicentres got no response !

Submitted Nov. 14, 2011 | flag

All 3 of my kids see Dr. Popsor. So far we really like her and she is good with our children. The only thing that we are not pleased about is the wait time to see her, however, when it's your turn, you don't feel rushed and she spends time explaining things to you and answering questions.

Submitted Oct. 27, 2011 | flag

Be careful. She is quick to medicate. Get a second opinion. It may be something else that needs focus like with our child. Medicating is cheap for the system. You owe it to your child to investigate all alternatives first!

Submitted Oct. 4, 2011 | flag

We waited almost an hour from the time of our pre-scheduled appt. to see her (there was no one else in the waiting room and no apology given). It was an introductory meeting and she spent a lot of time stressing how she would not deal with more than one issue at a time and that she would not address any issues at this meeting (although we were not questioning this). Her manner was okay with our son - mediocre attempt at rapport. Her manner with us (the parents) was very businesslike (again worried about limiting her time) and awkward. It was difficult to judge her knowledge as she did not impart it. It is difficult to find a pediatrician in Calgary and we unfortunately will keep searching until we find someone that we feel is confident in their abilities.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2011 | flag

DR.POPSOR IS A GREAT DOCTOR, VERY THOROUGH & KNOWLEDGABLE. SHE IS ALSO VERY SWEET & GENTLE W/ MY SONS... BUT THE #1 THING IS MY KIDS LIKE HER!

Submitted April 27, 2011 | flag

Dr. Popsor is very deligent. She is very knowledgable. I don't my doctor nice and gentle I want my doctor right and thorough. Dr. Popsor is very thorough ..she took time to check my son (not a quick listen to the lungs like other doctors). As far as accent is concerned I could understand her well without any difficulty. The best pediatrician/doctor in my experience !

Submitted April 15, 2011 | flag