Rate Dr. Vi K. Chiu

Dr. Vi K. Chiu's Ratings

I have met with Dr. Chiu for treatment of my colon cancer. He was very empathetic and caring. He gave both an overview as well as in-depth explanations. Dr. Chiu discussed the science behing the disease and available clinical trials. I left his office with all my questions answered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][178071].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

I met with Dr. Chiu for my first oncology visit after discovering that I have cancer. After waiting for two hours to see him, I was faced with someone who didn't seem to care what so ever about my condition. He diagnosed me with a lung cancer without really looking closely at my files and showed me pretty much no options for treatment other than standard chemo. He didn't bother to explain anything to me and left me sad and hopeless. He spent all of 15 minutes with me. I went for a second opinion the next day, and after this doctor spend an hour and a half with me and explained the different options I have and different things that we should make sure of before we start treatment, I realized how terrible Dr.Chiu was and that I would NEVER go back to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][178070].votes_count ]]