Dr. Johannes Malan

Rate Dr. Johannes Malan

Dr. Johannes Malan's Ratings

He does not know his patient well and what's going on with the patient. I asked for a referral specialist and he does not give me any referral.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2014 | flag

I have been going to doctor Mulan for two years now. He i an average doctor, average wait times and average staff. Nothing to brag about but nothing to complain about until my last appt, do disappointing. Scheduling messed up my time, the nurses didn't send out my previous tests for diagnostic and dr Mulan didn't seem to care that I had wasted an hour of my day. When they messed up on multiple levels. He is a nice guy and I think he is knowledgeable on something things, but women's health is not one of them. I will be switching doctors.

Submitted May 14, 2013 | flag

Dr. Malan was great. His staff made room for me to see him the same day (as I said I could not wait). He sent me for blood work right of way. We followed up on the result and I needed more blood test. He was very concerned and knowledgeable. After being in the hospital HE asked for a follow up (does not come too often from a Dr.)

Submitted May 5, 2013 | flag

I just had my "meet and greet" today with Dr. Malan and could not agree more with the majority here.Very knowledgeable,helpful with such a friendly personality..I'm so glad to finally have a family doctor that cares.

Submitted April 22, 2013 | flag

Kind knowledgeable and quick response! He and his staff are great.

Submitted March 22, 2013 | flag

Very quickly responded to a very serious situation, fast Diagnoses and treatment, kind and respectful.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2012 | flag

Dr. Malan is a fantastic doctor! He is knowledgable and very thorough! First doctor that made me feel important and that my ailments warranted his attention. Really made me feel like he wanted to get to the bottom, the root of the problem and fix it! Also my wife agrees!

Submitted May 31, 2012 | flag

Dr. Malan had quite a bit of trouble remembering who I was when I first became his patient (as in, I had to see him four or five times before he retained any memory of me or my health history), but after that I've found him to be thorough, concerned, and kind. Never had to wait more than a few minutes to see him except for maybe once or twice, so that's nice. Honestly, living in Calgary I feel very lucky to have him as a family doctor!

Submitted April 26, 2012 | flag

I went to see Dr. Malan for help as I was experiencing heart problems. I explained the lengthy family history of a rare heart disease and my symptoms. He ignored everything I told him, did not make notes of my family history (which i had to explain at least twice) and told me not to let my mother scare me. Fast forward 2 weeks.. in the hospital with blood clots in my lungs due to heart failure from the rare heart disease that runs in my family. I have now shelled out thousands of dollars for a doctor this is now taking very good care of me. Too bad our health care system fail us and that if you have anything more complicated than a wart you have to pay to be taken care of. Very disappointed.

Submitted Feb. 29, 2012 | flag

I am a cronic pain sufferer. Dr. Malan tried to put me on anitdepressants that would compromise my physical health, then the next visit wanted to put me on medication that i am allergic to.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2012 | flag