Rate Dr. Maurice M. Khosh

Dr. Maurice M. Khosh's Ratings

Having suffered an unaddressed broken nose in childhood followed years later by an unsuccessful sinus/rhinoplasty, I spent the past 20 years futilely searching for a competent otolaryngologist/facial plastic surgeon who could give me breathing relief as well as reconstruct my cauliflower nose. My worsening breathing issues this year drove me to use the internet (I live in Florida and Connecticut) to search for surgeons anywhere with "before" photos of patients with issues similar to mine, only to continue to find a number of surgeons who, in spite of their having very high opinions of themselves, in the final analysis could deliver very little of what I had hoped for which was simply a straight, symmetrical nose that I could actually breathe through.

Then at last I found my doctor, Dr. Maurice Khosh, (on ratemds.com!) and the lovely, patient ladies on his office staff. Dr. Khosh, who is a kind, sincere, and highly accomplished surgeon carefully studied my nose and asked to see before and after photos of me re my first rhinoplasty so as to best provide me a new nose that would also uniquely fit my features. In surgery he preceded to address my breathing issues while rebuilding the bridge of my nose and with the need for new cartilage from my ear was able to reconstruct the entire rest of my nose. He surely used some "medical magic " to accomplish this feat as my donor ear still appears and feels completely normal in every way. He also had been ready and able to use my rib cartilage had that been necessary.

Every morning when I brush my teeth now I look at a miracle in the mirror. If you are a Raggedy Andy, or Ann as I was, look no further than Dr. Khosh to patch you up and put you back together again - good as new or even better!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

Great, honest surgeon. Staff is courteous. I had Sculptra filler injected ( by another ps) in face which, within a year, migrated to my eye area, resulting in chronic granulomas and inflammation. Fortunately, Dr. Khosh has been able to diagnose and control the problem with surgery and medication.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2486801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Dr. Khosh is a wonderful doctor with great bedside manner. On February 14th, 2014 he performed an endonasal DCR to create a pathway in my blocked tear duct. From the start, he was very compassionate and answered all of my questions with patience and great detail. I felt 100% comfortable in his care. I would recommend him to anyone seeking medical procedures in his field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][180038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2014

Having researched many ENT/ plastic surgeons in both London and New York we decided to have Dr.Khosh operate on my 16 year old sons very complicated Septum. As an actor and singer we were very anxious about how this would affect his look and his voice. My son had his surgery six days ago and Dr Khosh has just removed his splints and stitches. Immediately my son could breathe from his left nostril and incredibly there was not one bruise on his face. The aftercare was amazing and Dr Khosh always answered our questions personally before and after surgery . As far our experience is concerned from start to finish Dr.Khosh was reassuring , gentle and we couldn't have asked for a better result.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][180037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2014

I'm a 30 yr old woman/NYC who had a rhinoplasty & septal repair effected by Dr. Khosh. Talented doctors can straighten a nose or remove a hump, but it requires a specific cosmetic surgeon to take it a step further to make someone look beautiful. Dr.Khosh took that step. It is extraordinary. A few research and experience based comments, which will hopefully be helpful if you're looking: (i) he is a facial superspecialist was named top 10% in NYC through physicial survey Castle Connolly 2014, had his residency and fellowship at top US institutions, and was awarded the Maxwell Abramson Teacher of the Year Award from Columbia University Medicine. Follow-up, both pre- and post-, was highly diligent and he has a gentle personality. He was president of the New York Facial Plastic Surgery Society, but the real accolade? My nurse whispering to me on the way to the OR "He is one of my favorites. I like how he works". This one flies under the radar, but the work is at the highest level. A first rate find. I hope this is helpful. Good luck!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][180035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

Dr Kosh is a wonderful doctor. He was recommended to me by my plastic surgeon as I needed to have my deviated septum fixed. It was the first time I met him and he was so calm, kind and reassuring, I knew he was the doctor I wanted to perform the surgery. He was honest about the results and I am happy to say I now breathe much better. I now plan on using Dr. Kosh for any ENT problem that may occur in the future. He has an excellent bedside manner

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][180036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2014

Excellent doctor, very soft and painless and tells you everything without sugar coating it, he is not money hungry and works very well with victims of crime with or without insurance, excellent surgeon would not use anyone else but him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][180034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2013

Dr. Khosh is simply wonderful. He is genuine and highly skilled and honest! I had laser resurfacing and he did a great job, I am extremely happy with the results. He is very compassionate. If only more doctors were like him. He has also handled a port scar for my daughter. He deserves all the positive reviews, he has a strong commitment to make sure his patients are happy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][180033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2013

I've never rated a doctor before, but Dr. Khosh was outstanding. I saw him for a broken nose, and I felt comfortable with him right away. He was attentive, professional and reassuring, and I knew I was in good hands. I was extremely anxious before the closed reduction that he performed, and he explained every step of the procedure. He also did not try to convince me to have surgery that I didn't really need or want. I completely trust him, and I recommend him to anyone who needs the services of a terrific ENT.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][180032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2013

A dermatologist referred me to Dr. Khosh to remove a cyst on my face very close to my eye. The dermatologist felt it was best to have a plastic surgeon remove the cyst . Dr. Khosh is professional with a friendly. caring manner. He took time to explain the details of the procedure and instructions with how to care for the wound after the office surgery. He was patient with my questions. It healed very well without a scar. I highly recommend Dr. Khosh.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][180031].votes_count ]]