Rate Dr. Carlton F. Roos

Dr. Carlton F. Roos's Ratings

Dr. Carlton Roos is a nationally recognized board certified neural-radiologist and I asked him to review the MRI report on my lower back. He got a copy of the MRI images and reviewed them in detail with the physician who wrote the initial report. He showed me where I had severe spinal stenosis that would paralyze my legs if it was not corrected. His research found a highly recommended surgeon for minimal laminectomty and he helped me get an early appointment. He talked with the radiologist who gave me epidural injections to reduce my excessive pain and he watched the procedure remotely as the proper spot was hit within the one mm tolerance. I give Dr. Roos the highest possible rating.

Submitted May 3, 2012 | flag

My procedure was scheduled on a Friday by mistake and Dr. Roos came in from home on his day off to take care of me instead of having me reschedule. I really appreciate that.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2011 | flag

Very nice and knowledgeable. I appreciate that he shared my case with colleagues at the UW to get a second opinion when I asked for one.

Submitted Sept. 20, 2011 | flag

I sat next to him on a plane from Seattle to New York. He was hilarious and the kind of guy you like right away. He mentioned that he was a radiologist, and towards the end of the flight I was comfortable enough to mention I had a sore spot on my leg that had started to hurt a lot more in the past day. He immediately said, "Well, pull up your pants leg." After looking at it for one second he said, "When we land, go straight to an emergency room." Now, I did not want to do this. I had things I had to do in New York. I started to explain this. As I did he interrupted and said, "No, the only thing that's important to you is that you go to an emergency room. Now either you promise me you will or I'll tell the flight attendant to have this flight met by an ambulance." So I promised. And I went. Thank God I did! I had some sort of terrible infection. At the ER they told me I was lucky to come in when I did. Thank you Dr. Roos!

Submitted Dec. 27, 2010 | flag