Rate Dr. Gordon Holton

Dr. Gordon Holton's Ratings

I am a new patient of Dr. Holton. I am very disappointed in his attitude and lack of concern over my current health problems. Despite having copies of reports from three other doctors with more training and background, he has labelled my problem as self induced. I want to get a new doctor that understands my medical condition but don't know if I can get a caring doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2231727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Dr Holton has been mine and my children's doctor for three years now. We can get in last minute, and when we arrive are usually seen before our scheduled appointment. The nurse and NP are also amazing. Friendly helpful staff who take the time to get to know you. Dr Holton not only makes the time for you and listens to your concerns, he also is easy going and makes every visit a pleasant one. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the Upper County clinic and it's staff. He has a great sense of humor, attends many conferences and keeps himself up to date with new medical information and practices. My children love him and he is great with kids. He knows how to deal with each of us in our own individual ways. I trust my own and my children's health and well-being with his care. It's a great feeling to walk in there and be recognized and welcomed in such a friendly and familiar manner!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185575].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2014

I am trying to find one redeeming quality about the man and his practice but at the moment none come to mind. He rushes through appointments, does not listen to any concerns, is close minded and has been absolutely negligent with the care of both myself and my family. As of today he is no longer our general practitioner, good luck to those that have him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2013

The nurse and nurse practitioner at this place are great. The same cannot be said for Dr. Holton. Each time I have to see him, he dismisses the medication that I have been on for 8 years because he said it is not curing my disease. I have MS. There is no cure. I see a MS specialist neurologist twice a year that I have complete confidence in. Dr. Holton fails to understand that MS is very unpredictable. I am looking for a new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2013

Among other very poor medical decisions by Dr. Holton, the latest is that my adult mentally challenged son has just finished a visit to a plastic surgeon to correct an incompetent treatment of a basal cell carcinoma on the left temple. When the mole inititially changed very quickly Dr. Holton attempted to remove it saying it 'likely was nothing' when in fact it was cancerous after the pathology came back. After his procedure it never healed properly and our new GP immediately set up an appt with a plastic surgeon. My son now has a larger wound and several sutures. It has been many months since we left Dr. Holton and we are still experiencing the consequences of his poor skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185577].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Excellent bedside manner. Works well with his patients and is open to their suggestions and concerns regarding treatment options. Office is clean and very efficent. I've been seen before my scheduled time quite often. When in consultation I've never felt that he's rushed or wants to move me out for the next patient. Staff is warm and friendly. An excellent example of how a practice should be run.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185573].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Here is a man with a decent sense of humour. All is well until you have a problem-then he is in a big hurry to get it over with and explanations are cursory and overly simplified. Furthermore he is very close minded about medications,- his way or the highway. He also doesnt believe that there is such a thing as pain and treats everyone who walks in whether they are 16 or 60 as potential drug addicts. As a 62 yr. old female with no history of drug abuse I found it humiliating to beg for pain relief.Not someone I would call "sympathetic".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185576].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

Too many negative things say - check Dr. Holton's poor reviews from Brooks Alberta before you commit yourself to his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185572].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2013

I have just recently de-enrolled as a patient of Dr. Holton's & I am on top priority waiting list with Healthcare Connect for a new GP. There was another review of this Dr. as dismissive (has been removed),and I have to agree. Extremely disappointed with my experience. As long as I was healthy there were no issues. In the last year I have been diagnosed with 2 serious illnesses (including Cancer). Whenever I challenged Dr. Holton or questioned him he became abrupt and condescending. Don't speak if he is typing. He makes assumptions, and is dismissive. (I have left his office in tears twice (very unlike me). He has lost his temper in the exam room because I refused a medication. He does have a good sense of humour if things are going well. I had the same GP for over 20 years until I moved here and she was wonderful. Very unfortunate that I have to go through this process again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185571].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2013

Dr Holton and his staff are AMAZING! I would highly recommend him as a doctor. There are literally no weight times, I walk in barely get a chance to sit down before I am called into his office!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185570].votes_count ]]