Rate Dr. Lorne Brown

Dr. Lorne Brown's Ratings

Dr.Lorne Brown and his team at Acubalance provide outstanding knowledge and care for increasing a couple's odds of conceiving naturally, or in my case, with IVF. At my first app't I learned so much from Lorne about fertility medicine, the reproductive system and menstrual/hormonal cycles and male factors that contribute to successful, healthy conception. I realised I had wasted not only money but time seeing other acupuncturists/TCM docs who didn't have this knowledge and gave half-baked vague acupuncture sessions with little focus on stress and emotions. Fertility challenges are stressful and the huge golds star at Acubalance is that I always left my treatments feeling relaxed and nourished for my pregnancy, whenever that was going to be. Going into IVF I felt positive and wholly prepared, physically and emotionally, and am certain that my preparation from Lorne is why we were successful on our first round of IVF with many healthy embryos.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185866].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2013

Lorne is quite a special practitioner. He is incredibly present and works very hard to create a workable plan for success. He takes the time to listen and actually hears what I say and takes it into consideration. I appreciate his expertise and if he does not know something, he will get back to me with the answer and more. I am grateful to have him on my health care team and have been so pleased with his style I have referred many friends to him. His staff is awesome and the whole experience is like going to a spa. I feel taken care of.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185865].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2013

Dr. Brown conducts a Very comprehensive review during your first appointment. From that he will educate you so that you are enabled and can help your self. He will also utilize various traditional eastern medicine principles including acupuncture and herbs. I highly recommend this practitioner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185864].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2013

I'm so happy to have found Lorne! I am in the process of IVF and was looking for support prior to retrieval and transfer. Although I have been happy with our IVF clinic, I felt I needed some extra support. Since my treatments started with Accubalance, I have not just received accupuncture, I have been given some really great advice and been provided with more detailed explanations of the IVF process, than offered by our IVF clinic.I STRONGLY SUGGEST that if you make it to transfer day, that you have Lorne with you before and after the procedure. My husband and I had so many questions and didn't feel like we understood 100% of the 'game plan' for the day. Lorne acted as our "IVF Doula" and this allowed me to relax, knowing I had someone there who would find out the information I needed; and who provided me with before and after treatments to ensure that I was as relaxed as possible. I am very grateful for the physical, mental and emotional support during this long and draining process.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185863].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2013

I have seen Dr. Brown since mid 2012. He is very knowledgable and caring. After seeing infertility doctors and getting no results, I felt comforted every time I met with Dr. Brown. My constipation has disappeared, which was an issue for many years. I take herbs as well, which helped decrease bloating and upset stomach. I am thankful to have met Lorne!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2013

After a year of not being able to conceive at all, a friend referred me to Acubalance and I wish I had seen Dr. Brown earlier. This clinic is a special place where you will feel respected, supported and cared for. I was able to conceive twice since coming here and although they ended in miscarriage, Dr. Brown was very supportive. It's so comforting to know that he is well informed on the latest research and will frequently integrate evidenced based treatments into our care to ensure we reach our goal of having a baby.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2013

The help and care I have received from Lorne (Ryan) and his entire staff has been tremendous. I chose acupuncture as a last resort to a chronic problem I was having - I wish it was the first thing I did. I have seen excellent results and Lorne and his staff have always gone above and beyond to ensure I had the best service and treatment possible. I strongly recommend Acubalance to all of my friends and family who may benefit from the clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2013

Lorne is very knowledgable and provided great care on each visit. I would fully recommend Lorne and AcuBalance to anyone seeking acupuncture.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2013

Very knowledgeable, and thorough. Always a peaceful and relaxing experience!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2013

Lorne is incredibly passionate about his work, in fact his enthusiasm is admirable. His patients get the benifit of that. Lorne has been a great listener and compassionate to my situation. He's working with me on my infertility issues and guiding me through the IVF process with goal of not having to go there. Whether I get blessed with the gift of conception and carrying a baby term, my time at acubalance will not be "all for not"' Acubalance has given me more awareness about health and state of mind that will stay with me for years to come. I also like the fact that Lorne is accessible by email and responds timely. I really get the sense he's working for me which is quite comforting and unfortunately uncommon in the broad health industry. The price of the service adds up quick since most benefit plans carry a limited amount for Acupuncture but in spite of this, if you are seeking an acupuncturist, I'd highly recommend Lorne.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][185857].votes_count ]]