Dr. F Calotti

Rate Dr. F Calotti

Dr. F Calotti's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr Calotti for a couple of years now and been having Avastin injections in my eyes. He is a very warm and caring physician and I find the complaints here to be petty. Have I had to wait? Yes! He is an Ophthalmologist and eye surgeon and he does assist with emergencies. He sees many patients and he takes time to deal with each and is not driven by a clock. I know from experience he works well after the 5 pm close of his office hours. Come on people we sit for a half hour to wait for a barber but can't wait to see the man that can save, improve or prolong our vision? Whatever your eye problems are, if your doctor refers you here please consider yourself privileged and fortunate.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

Very rude in accusing me of making up symptoms he could not see, denied that there was swelling in my eyes even though the girl who first saw me had mentioned it when I sat down for test. He said if I have pain when moving my eyes, I should not move my eyes, but move my whole head instead. I over heard him speaking rudely about the doctor who had made the referral to his office when I went back in his office to get something I had forgotten in the waiting room. Not sure how I feel about going back to an "eye specialist" who's office is full of advertisements about anti-aging injection procedures he does in office. He also sounded disrespectful in the way he spoke to his staff and micro-managed them, and told them, word for word, what to record, as if their experience meant nothing. Will not go back.

Submitted June 6, 2014 | flag

I have had cataracts for over a year and was refered to dr calotti for cataract surgery. My first app i waited for 2 hours to see him! My next app booked for 3 months later was horrible..the wait time was again 2 hours, then when i asked the staff if i could do something before seeing the dr to decrees my wait time i was told no. He then came to see me and said he could not do my surgery because i was upset at the wait time. Now he has wasted 4 months of my time and my entire morning. What ever happened to a 930am app starting at 930am ? I now have to find another dr and start all over. How do they get away with this? Ill never know

Submitted April 18, 2012 | flag

I am an unusual case as I am only in my late 30's. I had cataract surgery and have had nothing but problems since. He asked if I wanted to remain nearsighted or become farsighted. I have always needed glasses,I chose to remain near sighted. After surgery, I noticed I was no longer able to read anything clearly. Initially, I thought he put the wrong lens in my eye, but I was assured it was correct. I was told by my optometrist that I need to wear a bifocal for that eye. How does this make any sense?? My vision, although bad at a distance has now become bad close up. I have a 4 foot window of clarity now. I feel as if I have been robbed of what sight I had. I no longer read books because of this. I also have a strange cloudy haze that occurs every now and again in that eye. When I told him that, he said he had never heard of that sort of problem. Nothing has been more upsetting to me than having this happen to my vision. I need surgery for the other eye but am too afraid to go.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2012 | flag

Kind and gentle,very helpful and encouraging.Very busy office with great staff.

Submitted March 10, 2011 | flag

I've been seeing Dr. Calotti for the past 2 years. Ever since my first visit Dr. Calotti and his staff have been very helpful and kind towards me. I find the clinic to be very well organized, and the staff are very friendly and efficient. On occasions, I have to wait a bit, but I find it extremely worth it. Dr. Calotti is very knowledgable and spends time with me explaining my medical issues making sure I understand everything before I leave. He is also very kind and caring. I have already told a lot of my friends about him and reccomend him for everyone out there.

Submitted Nov. 14, 2010 | flag