Rate Dr. Christine Elser

Dr. Christine Elser's Ratings

Dr Elser did not give me the time or attention I required to fully understand my diagnosis. While she may be an excellent scientist, she lacks the compassion, patience and accessibility that I require from my medical team. As a cancer patient, I worked extremely hard to to understand my diagnosis in order to be a proactive participant in my treatment. When I had a question, Dr Elser was never available. She is not available by phone, text, or email, and her secretary Evelyn rarely returns my calls. In frustration I will drive to the hospital and show up unannounced in Evelyn's door, where it's clear that scheduling an appointment is a huge imposition . Even then the wait is long. And at the actual appointment, the wait is again long and frustrating. Dr Elser is curt, and unapologetic. If you are recently diagnosed, please know that you are in charge, and have the right to put together a team that meets for your needs physiologically and emotionally

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][187968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2013

I completely agree with the comments made on July 19, 2013. I have only had positive experiences with being a patient of Dr. Elser.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][187967].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

We read a number of negative comments about Dr. Elser and were rather scared before meeting her first time. However, after the consultation discussing with her my wife's treatment, we became pretty sure that Dr. Elser is a knowledgeable professional, who cares about her patients and aims at providing the best treatment to them. She also appeared to be very friendly and answered all our questions in full. Her staff and especially, nurse Louise is probably one of the best in the hospital. It's is better to rely on your own experience rather than merely on the forum comments, which could be very subjective and just reflect someone's unique personal attitude and experience not applicable to others. Good luck to everyone fighting the decease!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][187966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

she has enormous wait times. lacks empathy and bedside manners. she is extremely unknowlegable. she misdiagnosed my father and because of her error he lost his battle with cancer. please dont take any chances and find another doctor . she doesn't know what she is doing and her errors are extremely costly. good luck.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][187965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][187973].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

The worst. 4-6 hr waits. Overdosed me for 2 chemo cycles, nearly killed me, called me 'crazy' at every appt b/c I took an antidepressant, told me chemo would kill me then disappeared for 3 wks w/no emerg info & telling me nothing about what to expect. Sent me to a 'consult' w/another Dr. that turned out to be surgery I knew nothing about! When I went to her terrified & injured after a PMH phlebotomist assaulted me she promised to "take care of it" then sent me back to be assaulted & threatened with death again. When I tried to transfer PMH Patient Relations told me the Dr. was "worth more than any dying cancer patient" & threatened to withhold treatment until I was dead. She might as well have as in 3yrs I still can't escape the nightmares. Record keeping AWFUL. Usually had wrong file, once wasting 20 mins insisting I'd had a lumpectomy when I'd had bilateral mastectomies. The medical records are a mess & I hope Elser experiences what I suffered 1 day soon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][187972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2013

Unprofessional, no respect for patients time. kept me waiting in hospital gown for over an hour and didnt show up even after that. It wasn't the first time, I was kept waiting and I volunteered to be part of Cancer screening program and travelled for over an hour for my appointment to PMH. Such doctors bring shame to this noble profession. What happened to the Oath they take. Highly disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][187971].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2012

worst doctor i have ever met. and i work with doctors everyday. She is cold, uncaring and really couldn't give a care less about your emotional well being. She runs on a punch clock and does not go above and beyond her minimum job requirements. She makes a lot of mistakes and errors in care and unfortnately because of her lack of diligence and attention to detail i lost my father!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][187964].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2012

Extremely cold, uncaring and a total lack of regard for her patient's care and well being. She has no knowledge of the latest research in cancer advancements, and conveys the most dire scenarios, instead of offering hope and support to her patients. Run as fast as you can, and find another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][187970].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2012

Dr Elser is a knowledgeable doctor but doesnt like to be questioned. She just likes to tell what she thinks. Her secretary Bateena is extremely unhelpful, rude and never returns calls.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][187963].votes_count ]]