Dr. Jean Deschenes

Rate Dr. Jean Deschenes

Dr. Jean Deschenes's Ratings

Unfortunately Dr. Deschaines is not very helpful at giving details, or information. He is a kind man, but rushed, and I have been very much kept in the dark (no pun intended) about my condition, which can make everything a bit scary. I've heard he is the best, so I hope he's worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2503205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

I was referred to this doctor after two specific specialists saw what my problem was. The waiting room experience is rather particular , using an expert doctor like him to distribute the patients into the exam room seems awaste of precious time. But, once you understand the system, you arrive early then your appointment and you usually are out before the time of your appointment. This doctor took the time to bring me to see the films of the various exams he had me pass, explained the results to me and elaborated on the treatment required. Oneof the medications he prescribed diminuishes my immunity, so he took the time to explain what he had to do before I could have the bone grafts needed for my dental implants. If I ask a question he does not hesitate to answer. The only disappointing part is the first doctor who comes in to examin you before Dr Deschenes sees you. Instead of reading your file, he asks all the questions over and over. Yes, I recommend Dr Deschesne.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2231918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][188508].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2013

I was also very scared of the comments found in here. In my case he was a very good doctor and I got examined by two doctors, so it made me feel confident. Yes there is a lot of people, and the waiting may be long but as someone pointed out, it is the system, not the Doctor. Yes he is always in a rush, but I didn't feel he missed anything on my checkup.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][188507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

I agree with the other negative comments. Ignores patient's concerns and missed important observations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][188506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2013

I was mortified reading some comments posted, and if you are in trouble with a vision problem, see this Dr. I met him over 12 years ago as a blind woman with a white cane and a slew of problems. Today I have excellent vision (20/20) and am healthy and independent. His knowledge of immunology, pharmacology and many other areas of medicine literally and figuratively saved my life. I met him after seeing another doctor from another hospital going nowhere. I also tried seeing a doctor in Boston (disaster). Dr Deschenes is a brillant, kind physician who was always available (3 times a week when necessary).NO, he is not on time (we wait), but that is the medical system, not him. I was a very complicated case, and he ALWAYS did his best to find a solution to my myriad of problems. Go see him if you are in trouble.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][188505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2012

The main issue that I encountered was a poor patient-physician relationship. He did not listen to my concerns and the symptoms of my eye problem. He did not seem to have time to answer any of my questions. Any answers he gave me were only a few words. He also misdiagnosed my condition which led to blindness in my one eye. I saw another ophthalmologist who detected the disease soon thereafter. After his misdiagnosis, he continued to offer treatments that were advised against by other ophthalmologists. I would never want anyone else to experience what I went through with Dr. Deschenes. You deserve a doctor that communicates with you about your condition and whom you trust.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][188504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2011

Excellent physician and uveitis specialist, he is hightly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][188503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

Excellent sub-specialist in ocular immunology. Found the cause of my problem wich was not found by 5 others specialists. Good team of two other ophthalmologist working with him. Excellent surgeon, he did cataract surgery in both my eyes with outstanding result. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][188502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2011

I am saddened to say that this doctor does not have very nice bed side manner, is always rushed, and rushes you and the appointment. He doesn't always look at your chart before he examines you. He even looked at the wrong eye more than once! He is unaware of different approaches and treatments to uveitis if you go elsewhere, doesn't listen or care about your questions and concerns, and ignores and dismissing your symptoms. In more than ten years, he not once ordered any testing to try to find the cause of the uveitis. I am actually afraid for all patients and future doctors under his wing. :( Go elsewhere and get out as fast as you can. No matter what it takes, its well worth it once you see what's out there and proper care you can receive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][188501].votes_count ]]