Rate Dr. Martin Spencer

Dr. Martin Spencer's Ratings

Dr. Spencer is caring and efficient, if a little rushed most of the time. He has helped me but with no real advice or recommendations on how to treat my eye problems. His technician is very arrogant and a bit of a know it all. Overall I liked him.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2013 | flag

when dr spencer is unsure of something he becomes annoyed and seems to takes it out on his patient!, me! he seems grumpy and not very interested in helping . I truly found him rude and impatient. I might be able to forgive him as he is very busy and always rushed, he needs to be paid more per patient and take more time trying to fix the issue. His staff are excellent, most of them, one in particular is arrogant in my opintion. Another thing, dr spencer is at least a good follow up doctor and does his best to ensure patients are seen on a regular basis.

Submitted Sept. 11, 2013 | flag

I have been a glaucoma patient of Dr Spencer for many years. His long-term staff team manage his appointments courteously and effectively, and also perform vision / pressure tests in a most professional, efficient and accurate manner. Dr Spencer has treated and monitored my eye condition over a long period of time performing several surgeries when necessary and referring me to other surgeons for second opinions etc. In my view Dr Spencer is an excellent doctor. I have great respect for Dr Spencer's career long commitment to SEVA an international organization delivering eye care in the developing world. In this time he has been very involved in setting up eye clinics in remote areas, performing surgery and training eye doctors.

Submitted June 26, 2013 | flag

I had cataracts removed in both eyes and am extremely happy with Dr. Spencer and his staff. He answered all my questions and made me feel very comfortable each time i saw him. I would strongley recommend him.

Submitted June 14, 2013 | flag

My right eye is now worse than it was before his cataract removal. I found him less than personable, testy and not very helpful.

Submitted March 10, 2013 | flag

What a waste of time. I have dry eyes, which have caused enormous problems in my life, but he was completely unsympathetic (telling me it was only a "nuisance"), did not offer anything useful (as if nothing could be done) other than regular eye drops, seemed to know nothing about new research or treatment options, told me my symptons "didn't make sense" and sent me home. DO NOT got to this man if you have dry eye. He only wants to see the "serious" patients.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2011 | flag

Appeared very competent. Was very helpful explaining eye problems.

Submitted Oct. 29, 2010 | flag