Rate Dr. David Ross

Dr. David Ross's Ratings

I underwent gastric banding in 2010 and lost over 60kg. Having been morbidly obese for over 20 years has left me with a significant amount of redundant skin. Mr David Ross was recommended to me by my gastric surgeon. At the initial consultation, Mr Ross considered my entire body, explained the procedures that were available to me, the approximate costs and recovery information. He also pointed out areas of my body that looked really good and required no intervention at all, which was lovely to hear, given how I’d been feeling about myself prior to the consultation. Throughout this appointment I felt comfortable, respected and Mr Ross put me at ease by appealing to my sense of humour, which I appreciated.

In July 2014 I had bilateral brachioplasty (arm lift) and bilateral reduction mammaplasty (breast lift) and I couldn't be happier with the results. In total, Mr Ross removed 2.6kg of excess skin from my arms and breasts and the scars are healing better than I ever imagined. My upper arms are less than half the size they were and for the first time in my life my upper body is in beautiful proportion.

Leading up to and since my surgery, Mr Ross and his Practice Manager Lisa have always been available to answer any questions I’ve had. I’m sure I asked some questions more than once because there was a lot of information to take in and I wanted to be sure I understood everything and had all the information I needed to make the most out of these procedures. In every conversation, I was put at ease and given emotional support as well as physical attention. Both Mr Ross and Lisa have been warm, welcoming, patient and treated me with the utmost respect at all times.

I am so happy with the results that I am planning to undergo a lower body contour in 2015. During my consultation process for this procedure, Mr Ross has already discussed with me options for a unique issue I would like dealt with. One size does not fit all and Mr Ross considers me as an individual, to meet my needs and help me be the best me that I can be. I know that sounds cheesey but it is important.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Ross to any friends or family members as I have been more than satisfied with my journey so far and am so glad that Mr Ross is helping me finish what I started with my weight loss.

Thank you so very much David and Lisa.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2660283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2014

Rude, unprofessional, non caring, HAS PERMANTELY SCARRED ME, DO NOT GO THERE

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2640096].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

I have two procedures with Dr Ross. His skills are outstanding and he is highly professional and trustworthy. His staff and facilities and service are all excellent. I found Dr Ross very personable, helpful and reliable and a convincing leader in the field as well as providing two procedures with unequivocally impressive results. I commend him to any future client.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Amazing surgeon! I have had to have surgery to my wrist and thumb which means I'll Have small minimal scaring which will go away thanks to Dr Ross. Very knowledgable and knows what's he's doing, his staff are lovley and friendly. Highly recommend 10/10.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2591622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

I can really reccomend Dr David Ross of Bayside Plasic surgery, and I have referred him to a couple of my friends also. A couple of years ago I had the 'mummy makeover' - tummy tuck and implants, and had a superbly successful result,,,after 4 children and years of suffering sagging, everywhere, I now have the best body ever in my life! Op went well, had great recovery, very happy with Dr Ross and also his receptionist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2521198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

I saw dr david ross for a breast augmentation a few years ago. I was very happy. He took his time to talk about everything and was extremly honest about everything especially his concerns to me being very petit. He took great care and his receptionist called a few times throughout the process and was always polite and friendly. I came back to see him recently as I now want to go bugger, obviously he is hesitant but still took good anount of time to sit and discuss everything with me. Only had to wait 5 minutes over app time. I would recommed him from my experiance.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2491564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

I under went an abdominoplasty and bilateral breast reduction performed by Mr David Ross in July 2013. Prior to my procedure I consulted with Mr Ross on two occasions where I found him to be thorough and professional in his dealings with me. He was able to explain my options to me in a clear and precise manner and he was confident in the advice he provided. On the first consultation he explained my options to me and then gave me time to think about the course of action I wished to take. When I returned on the second occasion he was open to discussing the option I had chosen and respected my decision. I found him to be honest in his opinions and forthright which I appreciated. I was not looking for a plastic surgeon who was going to tell me what I wanted to hear rather I was happy to forgo a 'fluffy' bedside manner for expertise and skill. I had been referred to Mr Ross by a girlfriend who, as a result of breast cancer, underwent reconstructive surgery with Mr Ross and was very happy with the outcome. The decision to undergo a procedure of this nature is a significant one and one that I did not take lightly and researched extensively. Throughout my recovery period both Mr Ross and his Practice Manager, Lisa, were readily accessible including outside of business hours when the need arose for me to be able to contact Mr Ross on a Sunday. There was also a need for Mr Ross to 'squeeze' me in to examine me and he did so readily. Lisa was always able to accommodate an 'urgent' appointment which is why I accept he is sometimes running late with his consultations as there is sometimes somebody who needs to see him urgently. Having been on the other end of this I appreciated the quick access I had to Mr Ross when I was worried about an issue. I am now 12 months post-surgery and I could not be happier. My scarring has recovered exceptionally well and I am thrilled with the results. I would and have highly recommended Mr Ross.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2491458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

I would highly recommend Mr David Ross of Bayside Plastic Surgery, Victoria Australia. Before l made an appointment to see Mr David Ross, in 2012 l researched his qualifications and found that his knowledge and years of training, made him the surgeon that l was looking for. I also spoke to one of his patients and they had nothing but praise for Mr David Ross. I was impressed with Mr David Ross for his honesty and comprehensive explanation of the procedure Body Lift- Fleur-de- lys Abdominoplasty & Bilateral Gluteal Lipectomy. He listened to queries / concerns and then he told me what he could do. He explained in depth what the aftercare would be and said that if there were any problems that l had his after-hours contact number and too use it. l am very happy with the surgery that he performed. Lisa at his office has always been a delight to speak to and nothing is too much effort for her. In April 2014 – Mr David Ross performed the surgery Thighoplasty and l am one very happy lady with the results of both of these procedures.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2474157].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Dr. Ross was extremely knowledgable about my procedure (gynecomastia), whether it was open and honest questions about the risks, benefits, costs etc. I found his staff to be a delight, his rooms to be very appealing and the overall surgery a tremendous success. I would recommend him without hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2232006].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

David Ross of Bayside Plastic Surgery Melbourne affixed with screws, a chin implant on top of my chin rather than around it (as stated in the hospital report written by another surgeon), and it was attached to my face 1.5cm off centre! (ref. hospital report). This twisted my lower face out of shape (increased projection left side) and one of the arms of the implant pushed out my cheek. There were also other complications. Dr Ross did not record or take action in relation to all these issues, except for noting my face as "uneven". He refused to remove the implant despite my pleas. He advised I would have to pay him further fees to remove it. Despite my state, he wrote to my GP and said the implant was "certainly sitting in position" and that I was "psychologically upset", and that in time he hoped I would become more "accepting" of the outcome which he felt had achieved my "stated goals". You can see my story and the result of my surgery at: http://c-implant.tumblr.com/

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2232001].votes_count ]]