Rate Dr. Eli Akbari

Dr. Eli Akbari's Ratings

Went to her for a sinus problem. She was on time, respectful and made the right diagnosis. Two THUMBS UP!

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

Dr Akbari is a caring surgeon who is passionate about caring for her patients. She called me after surgery to make sure I'm doing well. She always asks if I have any questions and because of her, I'm having a seem less recovery. I'm grateful to her and the lovely staff.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2014 | flag

I've had difficulty breathing through my nose for many years and had seen different doctors about it. I finally got to see Dr. Akbari, and she was the first doctor to examine my nose with a camera and also look at parts that others never noticed. She was very understanding and knowledgeable. And with her diagnosis I got the right surgery and now can breathe after so many years.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2014 | flag

I saw Dr. Akbari in Vancouver for a cosmetic procedure. She truly exceeded my expectations during my procedure and went above and beyond during post-op. Very gentle, professional and a true perfectionist.

Submitted July 23, 2014 | flag

Dr. Akbari is a true professional. She fit me in her busy clinic, and when I got to see her she wasn't rushed and took the time to listen carefully and was very thorough with her exam. She booked me for a nasal procedure in an expedited fashion and now thanks to her, I can finally breathe after so many years. The procedure was almost painless. She was so reassuring and explained every step. My wife says I'm a different person and I even sound different. Snoring has improved quite a bit too. The front desk staff, Jen, was also great. I'm grateful for the care that I got. Recommend her without any hesitation, hard to find doctors like her these days.

Submitted July 8, 2014 | flag

While Dr. Janjua is my main ENT specialist, I have also seen Dr. Akbari during my visits and I am so, so grateful for the amount of care and kindness both doctors express. If you want a positive result with ENT-related issues you may be facing, I highly recommend Dr. Janjua and Dr. Akbari.

Submitted June 13, 2014 | flag

I live in Victoria BC.I had suffered from headaches for over a year - it was discovered I had a mass in my sinus, which later was discovered to be dental cement. On the day of Surgery I met Dr Akbari, she intro herself and took the necessary information. She had a very calming and understanding manner and was very discreet. When I saw her in the followup again she was extremely knowledgeable and professional. She understood what I had been through and that I was very tender but also got what was needed done in a timely manner. She saw me as a person not just a patient.I highly recommend Dr Akbari wonderful addition to any area she applies for. I do hope when the time comes a position in the Vancouver will be offered to her, it would be a shame to lose such a valuable doctor.

Submitted May 31, 2014 | flag

I saw Dr Akbari for a throat problem at VGH. This was one of the most positive medical experiences I have ever had. Dr Akbari was prompt, courteous, respectful and knowledgeable. She took the time to listen to my concerns and ask what was worrying me before examining me. I would have given 5/5 all around - except I did have to call 3 times to get a return call initially. I would highly recommend Dr Akbari to anyone needing an ENT.

Submitted May 4, 2014 | flag

Dr. Akbari saw me for the first time at VGH Clinic for consultation. She was so very thorough in explaining my diagnosis. She went well above and beyond her appointed time to help me. I had not been able to breathe properly thorough my nose for 16 months and she made a room available to do minor surgery to get me that breathing relief. I am so grateful to her for her help and so impressed with her kind and compassionate attitude.

Submitted May 3, 2014 | flag

I was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer - esthesioneuroblastoma - and from the very first appointment Dr. Akbari was reassuring and explained the diagnosis and upcoming procedures in a patient and understandable way that did much to reduce my anxiety. The surgery was a success and her respectful and professional attitude continues in the follow-up appointments. She always returned phone calls when I had questions during the recovery period. At a very frightening time, I felt confident that I was in the very best hands.

Submitted March 23, 2014 | flag