Rate Dr. Jacob Alant

Dr. Jacob Alant's Ratings

DR Alant performed surgery for spinal stenosis & two separate carpel tunnel surgeries in a four month period. All surgeries were very successful with excellent recovery. He is very professional, articulate & precisely describes the necessity for surgery,the proceedure & expected recovery progress. Dr Alant is a very personable, capable, experienced neuro surgeon & provides a high feeling of confidence.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2013

Dr.Alant is the best Dr. I have ever had, he treats you as a person and not just a nummber on a file. I have had a back operation and 2 carpal tunnel ops and each time he took the time to make sure I was comfortable with the op before I had it. Just not enough words to say what a great Dr. he is. The Foothills has made a huge mistake by letting him go, how possibly stupid are they.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

Dr Alant just did a microdiscectomy on me for L5 and nerve damage to sciatic nerve. He was the best doctor I have ever seen!! He was patient and answered all my questions and was so confident about his skills and his experience, it made me feel super comfortable. Before the surgery I got pretty freaked out, he came and sat with me and made sure I was ok. Before he left for the night, he came and saw me and put his hand on my leg and said how are you doing?! He sat and chatted. I have seen him for a 2 week follow up, and we talked more about recovery and where I was at. What an amazing person, and an amazing surgeon!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

Amazing surgeon. Saved my life and gave my children their father back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Dr.Alant, Dr.Avery, Ms. Patricia and the nursing staff at the Foothills hospital were amazing. I was transferred from small town High River, to Dr.Alant and his team with My L5 S1 Disc inpinging the sciatic nerve, after 2.5 weeks of incrediable pain . I met this wonderful Dr. and his team, they were able to come to come and sit with my family and explain the surgery with a great kindness and some humor, which we appreciated. I would reccomend Dr.Alant and his team to anyone. There bedside manners was full of compassion. % hours post surgery i ws up walking pain free with a walker and able to use the bathroom with out assistance and a sense of pride and relief. I am happy to say 4 days after surgery i was completley off the percecet and working at getting rid of the cane. Thank you. The Bills Family

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Male, 55 yrs. Oh my Goodness! I love Dr. Alant's manner, expertise, professionalism, staff, and most all, his perfect care for my L5-S1 herniated disc repair. Had a 1" incision, 2 hour surgery with small instruments, 4 hour recovery/rest, and then I got up and walked without worry or pain! The nursing staff was so excellent as well. I used about 4 percosets in the first day and none for 10 months now. The best I can say is, "Thank You, Doctor!"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2013

Dr. Alant has been incredibly patient and thorough while helping me understand treatment options for my brain tumour. He has helped me "navigate the system" and get input from other specialists so I can be fully informed about options and risks. I feel very well cared-for by Dr. Alant and have had nothing but positive experiences with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2012

I am extremmely please with the care I received from Dr. Alant and his staff pre and post surgery. Dr. Alant has a wonderful bedside manner and my surgery procedure was very well explained to me. I certainly would recommend him and his team. Thank you B. McIver

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

Dr. Alant performed surgery on my five year old for an epidural hematoma. We met him just before surgery. He was kind, confident,and calm (which helped us be calm) and explained the procedure as well as answering all our questions. My son has had an amazing recovery, and we are so grateful for Dr. Alant's skill and talent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

Excellent in ever way! Solved a problem I have lived with for 30 years. I have seen many doctors before Dr. Alant and none of them were able to help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191896].votes_count ]]