Rate Dr. Lybus Hillman

Dr. Lybus Hillman's Ratings

I found Dr Hillman to be caring and considerate and very professional. Although I am obese no negative comments were forthcoming - Her Sister that helped organise my test was also exceptionally considerate and likeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2524151].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

an exceptional experience. i had gotten a very alarming scan - and she was supportive, kind, and made me feel at ease in a time where i was terrified, talking me through what the results meant, and what was happening. the endoscopy she performed was painless, and the care she, and the medical staff she worked with, showed while managing my condition (i was extremely ill from fasting) and assisting in getting the procedure done as fast as possible made what could have been a terrible experience easy. I found her very gentle, and someone i would highly recommend for compassionate and extremely experienced medical help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2232182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2014

Diagnosed with Coeliacs Disease and got so much help with my diet thank you Dr Hillman, I'm really good at gluten free now!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191949].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

Dr Hilan is wonderful. She doesn't mince her words and talked to me about lifestyle changes (I was quite over weight). I lost weight and stopped smoking, and it has made a world of difference to my symptoms. No more drugs, no more pain :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2012

Dr Hillman is a good surgeon and does her job in a professional manner. Not once was I made to feel awkward and she was pleasant and helpful. She eased my fears before a procedure and the private hospital where it was conducted was pleasant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191947].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

To be spoken to in a condescending tone is unacceptable and then to be handled in a demeaning manner was reprehensible. She made me strip off to the weist and then poked at my abdomen with two fingers in a disgusted way. I am not a size 10 ringing wet and I don't look like her, so she proceeded to focus on my weight. She then proceeded to loudly announce my weight to the office staff when booking me in for a procedure. All she has to do is read the research to know that humiliation is not a successful strategy for achieving weight loss. She had her staff deliver diagnosis over the phone (all of which had nothing to do with my weight), which is unprofessional on both their parts. I thought by the third call when all of a sudden Dr Hillman wanted to see me again it was cancer. It wasn't however the relationship was so shattered by then the appointment was a waste of time. The practice seems to be a production line and the clients not treated as real people. Don't go there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

While the staff at the office were lovely, I was not happy with Dr Hillman. I went there for a referral for an endoscopy to confirm a diagnosis I already had and to check nothing else was wrong. She very briefly examined me and then proceeded to lecture me on how obese I was, in a very patronising manner as if I didn't already know I was fat. She read out her referral letter and instructions as she wrote it and kept pointedly saying "MORBID OBESITY!" throughout. If I wanted weight loss help I would have asked for it! The clinic sells lap band surgery so I guess it's unsurprising that she would have that on her mind. She did not provide me with any advice on my actual medical condition. She also told me I would need a special hospital bed for endoscopy because I am so fat, which I found out later is not true, I would have to weigh a lot more to be over the bed weight limit!! Avoid if you are overweight unless you want a big lecture on your weight instead of helping your gastric issue.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][191946].votes_count ]]