Rate Dr. Amin S Kanani

Dr. Amin S Kanani's Ratings

Waited a year to see this specialist for disabling environmental allergies, only to be rushed in and out the door in under 10 minutes -- after being told that I have no allergies. (Even my referring doctor disagreed.) My impression is that this doctor does not want to spend the time or effort on the complex, difficult cases. Time is money, as they say...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2559799].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

I was told by HAE Canada, that Dr.Kanani specialises in HAE.I had the lab results to warrant investigation.....Instead, Dr.Kanani said "acquired angioedema , I refuse".I had asked him to investigate what used to be called HAE Type III....NOT acquired angioedema....Perhaps he really IS a specialist for HAE, I certainly don't know.....Dr.Kanani was rude and dismissive of me and I cannot recommend his "services"..,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2232187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

The visit was a waste of time. Was not allergy tested for the things that were of a concern to me. Minimal food allergies tested which is the major issue for me with proven allergic reactions, additional meds, no suggestions for a pro-active approach towards health, took me off meds that other doctor prescribed that were working fine. I felt like I wasn't heard through the visit, which is very uncommon with my other doctors who respect and take into consideration what I have to say. I don't think I'll be going back. The purpose for my visit was not considered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2232186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

Dr. Kanani was one of the better specialists I've seen. He may not have been overtly friendly, but he answered all my questions, performed scratch tests on me, and generally treated me quite professionally. I felt that he was competent, and thorough, and I would go back to him if I needed to see an allergist again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

My daughter has seen Dr. Kanani twice in the past two yrs for an environmental allergy; always with follow-up from our family Doc to administer the shots themselves I have been satisfied with the care she has received and the reception staff as a whole until today. Upon making an enquiry regarding dosages and injection schedules (that DID NOT accompany her most recent serum (maint.)allotment delivered to our home physician) I was strongly challenged by one of Dr. Kanani's receptionists (on Wed. Jan 08th @ 350pm) when I clearly outlined my reason for my call and the clarification my doctor was requiring. This girl continued to be dissatisfied & condescending with my account of the need for the info and refused to assist my request for the information to be faxed to our family Doc. In follow-up I have just received a call from our family Doc's office letting me know that in addition this girl has also been VERY RUDE to them. Dr. K your business deserves better. :( Pls fix it

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2014

Dr Kanani is extremely knowledgeable - he diagnosed a very rare disease for me after 3 other doctors had missed it. I always think if you have to wait a long time to see someonr that they are usually very good and in high demand. I would highly recommend Dr Kanani.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2013

I went to Dr. Kanani for an issue related to my stomach and while I was in his treatment room he spent most of the duration stating Naturopathic medicine has no real use and their research is not based on any "real" science. Needless to say, I was extremely offended. To top it off, he then tested my breathing (lung capacity) which lead to a quick diagnosis of pushing a daily dose of Ventolin, I quickly denied. Most bizarre, useless and disappointing doctors visit. I will not be going back there and really should have recorded this doctor ludicrous comments, my doctor is referring me to someone else. Best part is, they fit me in on a cancellation so I didn't have to wait the whole year to be let down. Make sure to research your doctor/specialist first before expecting any decent results. Lesson learned.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2013

Dr. KANANI is a brilliant doctor period.My family and I have consulted with many specialists over the last decade and although most were very good, not one can compare to Dr.Kanani. He is so bright and extremely knowledgeable. He has a natural curiosity and seeks to help you to the highest degree to determine what is causing your ailments.For the last 5 years, he has helped our 2 sons tremendously with their numerous allergies and myself with mine. He came recommended to us by our family doctor in North Vancouver because she heard amongst her colleagues that he was the best of the best and indeed he is. I had a raspy voice for years getting worse and worse.No one knew why. Not the GP, Gastro, or ENT. Along came Dr.Kanani who made all the right suggestions and test referrals etc and it turned out had precancerous cells in my throat.He just would NOT GIVE UP until he found out why. And thank goodness for that!!Oh, and for those saying he is not on time: so false! He is so oddly prompt!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Dr. Kanani is kind and empathetic. While he hasn't been revolutionary in my treatment, he has at least shown care for my situation. HIS ASSISTANT, however, is terrible. Her name is Katrina. She is rude, ineffective, and makes you feel like making an appointment is an 'inconvenience' to her. Literally the worst medical receptionist I have ever seen. I honestly have no idea why they keep her around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

Dr. Kanani is wonderful. Great bedside manner. Has always been thorough and helpful with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192032].votes_count ]]