Dr. Derek Haaland

5 1 3.2

You may also like

Rate Dr. Derek Haaland

Dr. Derek Haaland's Ratings

Absolutely horrible experience. Wait times for both visits 2hrs+. Left last appointment after a 2 1/2 hour wait and still did not see him. After having a wonderful Rheumatologist with Sick Kids, dealing with a doctor who has such disregard for his patient's time is a slap in the face!!!!!! How much does he really care about the people he is supposed to be caring for???

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2813170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Seen Dr Haaland for the first time. I guess I lucked out. Only waited half hr. He seemed very knowledgable and made me feel like he was competent enough to solve my issues.... Yes he ordered lots of test but how else do you start eliminating things to get to the actual problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2808817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I was very impressed with dr. haaland and his team. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing the services he offers. very knowledgable, caring, honest and understanding. he also has a good sense of humour. I wasn't impressed with the 1.5 hour wait to see him but I was informed that there would be a wait before I arrived.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2801338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Dr Haaland seems more interested in what his patients can do for his career than he does think about his patients needs. He shows up 2 hours after the first booked appointment regularly. I am sure he is billing Ohip for those appointment times and proceeds to rush through each patient taking literally no time to address the patients needs. I requested a second opinion on his diagnosis and he advised that none of his peers would ever disagree with him. This is a life impacting diagnosis and it was extremely unprofessional comment by dr Haaland. I do not recommend dr Haaland to anyone who wants to know more about their diagnosis. Or wants to know they can trust their doctor. A professional would be happy to collaborate with a peer on a patients behalf. An arrogant self important person would reject another perspective.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2780671].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

I would recomend this dr to anyone who asks,if it weren't for him i'd be dead by now,he found cancer when my own family dr brushed me off and told me to wait and see,i drive 4 hours to see him and it is worth the drive,he is compasionate,extremly knowledgable, the wait time can be long but i know that is because he is tending to paitients ....keep up the great work doc,we need more like you...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2704586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2015

Derek Haaland was the first doctor to ever take my concerns seriously, He referred me to the right places to get the help I needed. He was cheerful, and made sure to run many tests. He was the first doctor to not just throw drugs at me for the pain, he is helping me find a solution.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2693385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

it takes forever for them call back wait is long the nurse ask same stupid questions every time like should b on file. fibromyalia is a trauma in the past like come on . only thing he does prescribes harsh pills so we are high so pointless to go and he spends 5 min with u nothing done it is riduculous...

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2693343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

Worth the wait! If you are lucky enough to see him, you can trust the fact that you are in good hands.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2605977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

I have had RA for more than 30 years. In that time I have had several rheumatologists. Dr. Haaland is by far the worst. His wait times are disgraceful. Especially considering many of his patients have arthritis and sitting in a hard chair for 4 hours can be extremely painful. After waiting 4 hours I finally got into a exam room where a nurse (I think she was a nurse) asked me a bunch of medical history questions. Which she also asked the last time I was there. When I finally did see Dr Haaland, he barely even came in the room. He stood holding door , mostly chatting with nurse. I finally got a chance to tell him my concerns. Not only did he NOT examine me, he prescribed some drug and told me to come back in a year. Terrible and unprofessional Dr.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2604790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

His wait times are terrible and then he only takes 5 minutes with you. His staff takes all the info and then he shows up for a brief session and talks to me and his assistant at the same time. Very confusing I've been there three times and disappointed every time

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2572425].votes_count ]]