Rate Dr. Derek Haaland

Dr. Derek Haaland's Ratings

Derek Haaland was the first doctor to ever take my concerns seriously, He referred me to the right places to get the help I needed. He was cheerful, and made sure to run many tests. He was the first doctor to not just throw drugs at me for the pain, he is helping me find a solution.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2693385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

it takes forever for them call back wait is long the nurse ask same stupid questions every time like should b on file. fibromyalia is a trauma in the past like come on . only thing he does prescribes harsh pills so we are high so pointless to go and he spends 5 min with u nothing done it is riduculous...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2693343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

Worth the wait! If you are lucky enough to see him, you can trust the fact that you are in good hands.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2605977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

I have had RA for more than 30 years. In that time I have had several rheumatologists. Dr. Haaland is by far the worst. His wait times are disgraceful. Especially considering many of his patients have arthritis and sitting in a hard chair for 4 hours can be extremely painful. After waiting 4 hours I finally got into a exam room where a nurse (I think she was a nurse) asked me a bunch of medical history questions. Which she also asked the last time I was there. When I finally did see Dr Haaland, he barely even came in the room. He stood holding door , mostly chatting with nurse. I finally got a chance to tell him my concerns. Not only did he NOT examine me, he prescribed some drug and told me to come back in a year. Terrible and unprofessional Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2604790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

His wait times are terrible and then he only takes 5 minutes with you. His staff takes all the info and then he shows up for a brief session and talks to me and his assistant at the same time. Very confusing I've been there three times and disappointed every time

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Awesome team. They're now providing communication through email which is great! They reply within an appropriate amount of time. No need to sit on phone waiting for answers. So smart! Wait times in the office are an issue, but he's in high demand for good reason.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2538030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

Unbelievably dismissive staff...no one returns a phone call. No one will take responsibility in this office. Promises of treatment and referrals are made and then....nothing. I would love to speak to Dr. Haaland about the issues with his office, but I can not get him to return a call. It took one month, several faxes from my pharmacist and a letter from me to move the office to answer a medication question. I should not have to apologize to my pharmacy for Dr. Haaland's nonchalant attitude toward his patients. What a waste of amazing resources. All promises and absolutely no results. Shame on you!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2232205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

There does not exist a doctor who is more knowledgeable, passionate or skilled; he is current in his knowledge, and extraordinarily resourceful. Perhaps more importantly, Dr. Haaland is kind, compassionate and genuinely interested in his patient's well being. It is true that his waiting room is full, and wait times can often be lengthy; however, I think this is a testament to the sheer number of people who require his care. Dr. Haaland is worth the wait. What I value most, is a doctor who is a skilled and kind human being. Dr. Haaland delivers every time and I am very grateful.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][192299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2014

Yes, it is true that we have to wait a long time to see Dr Haaland but, I believe the long waiting time it is worthy. Very bright doctor, polite and very professional. Thank you doctor. My daughter is doing better with your help.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][192298].votes_count ]]