Rate Dr. Derek Haaland

Dr. Derek Haaland's Ratings

Awesome team. They're now providing communication through email which is great! They reply within an appropriate amount of time. No need to sit on phone waiting for answers. So smart! Wait times in the office are an issue, but he's in high demand for good reason.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2538030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

Unbelievably dismissive staff...no one returns a phone call. No one will take responsibility in this office. Promises of treatment and referrals are made and then....nothing. I would love to speak to Dr. Haaland about the issues with his office, but I can not get him to return a call. It took one month, several faxes from my pharmacist and a letter from me to move the office to answer a medication question. I should not have to apologize to my pharmacy for Dr. Haaland's nonchalant attitude toward his patients. What a waste of amazing resources. All promises and absolutely no results. Shame on you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2232205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

There does not exist a doctor who is more knowledgeable, passionate or skilled; he is current in his knowledge, and extraordinarily resourceful. Perhaps more importantly, Dr. Haaland is kind, compassionate and genuinely interested in his patient's well being. It is true that his waiting room is full, and wait times can often be lengthy; however, I think this is a testament to the sheer number of people who require his care. Dr. Haaland is worth the wait. What I value most, is a doctor who is a skilled and kind human being. Dr. Haaland delivers every time and I am very grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2014

Yes, it is true that we have to wait a long time to see Dr Haaland but, I believe the long waiting time it is worthy. Very bright doctor, polite and very professional. Thank you doctor. My daughter is doing better with your help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2013

I've seen Dr. Haaland three times in 2 years, and only for about 5-10 minutes each time. Pathetic. The blood work he sent me for couldn't be done because the hospital stopped doing the specific tests 10 years ago! They called him several times to ask him what to do, and in the end I was just sent home. I've never got a straight answer from him. The second time I sat in the waiting room for 7 hours! When I went to ask the secretary what the problem was, she said I had been crossed off as a "no show" even though I had registered and didn't leave the office for a second. He ended up seeing me only to say he couldn't do anything for me without the blood work and insisted I go back and have it done. Real helpful... And it doesn't help that he only works at the clinic on Fridays. I'm currently seeing a new dr in the same clinic and he is much more patient and thorough. I won't be seeing Dr. Haaland again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2013

I have a rare autoimmune disease & a rare genetic connective tissue condition. I was repeatedly mis-dx by many other doctors until I met him in 2011. Yes, the wait times are horrid, but waiting 4-6 hrs to see him is well worth it, compared to other drs. He listens, is understanding & compassionate, thorough, & open to suggestions. He did walk out of the office once during my appt, which was unusual, but it was b/c another specialist didnt send him my lab results, so he actually left the office & went to get them. He's highly motivated to help his patients. He's spent up to an HOUR with me discussing concerns & questions. He doesnt care about wait times b/c he and his staff are willing to work late until everyone is seen. He's been an amazing advocate in trying to gain treatment for me, and I'm hugely grateful for his support. I would wait forever to see him b/c I honestly trust him with my life, & I cant say that about any other doctor I've met. I love this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192296].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2013

I arrived at Dr. Haaland's office for an 11:15 appointment. I filled out endless forms and then waited. At 1:30 I saw the nurse for 10 minutes, then back to the waiting room. I finally saw the doctor at 4:00. By the time he walked into that office I was hungry because I had not eaten since breakfast, and angry. He suggested several tests and wrote a prescription for a medication which he warned me could cause sudden death. Yes! Sudden death. He spent 10 minutes with me. No wonder our health care system is in such a mess with doctors charging OHIP hundreds of dollars to see a patient for 10 minutes. Then he wanted me to return in a month. I have no intention of either returning to his office or of taking dangerous meds. As if that was not enough he walked in wearing old jeans and a lumberjack shirt. So unprofessional. Never again!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192305].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

For me this was a big waste of time. My doctor had sent me in to be investigated for a particular issue and Dr Haaland would not listen instead wanted to get blood tests for another issue that had already been tested and taken care of by my GP. The wait times in the office are ridiculous (4 hrs) and I don't understand why the forms to be filled out can't be filled out at home (like every other specialist?) instead you must sit there and fill them out then see a nurse who reviews them?(I take it Haaland wants to be paid for us filling out the forms) Katching. Haaland books a few people for the same time slot...is this all about the money?? Then there is the front desk issues, I can never get a hold of anyone by phone and maybe this is not their fault if they are double and triple booking??? Cancelled any further appointments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192304].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

This Doctor obviously has front end office problems. Was informed by my family physician that it takes these people 3-4 months just to advise you when your appointment is. This is completely absurd. AND then you have to wait another 6 - 8 months beyond that for the actual appointment. You have time to die of old age while waiting to see this doctor. After requesting an appointment with another rheumatologist in town I now have an appointment next week !!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][192303].votes_count ]]