Rate Dr. York Hsiang

Dr. York Hsiang's Ratings

At 64 yrs. of age in June 2010 I had my left leg below knee amputated due to an arterial blood clot. Dr. Hsiang was the team leader in charge of the amputation, following an attempt to save the leg via a by-pass (which unfortunately did not work). All of this occurred within a seven day time period. Dr. Hsiang came to my room daily for my complete stay at VGH, weekends included (obviously when he was scheduled to be at the hospital) for my entire stay, prior to my transfer to the rehab hospital. I continued to see Dr. Hsiang at his office for follow up for concerns with my right leg - as there was evidence of clots below knee in that leg. This leg was subject to Doppler Arterial Assessment Tests at VGH Radiological. I walk well, without aids, to this day with my left leg prosthetic. I will have no hesitation to seek further attention from Dr. Hsiang should problems occur with my right leg. He is the most professional, knowledgeable and caring doctor I have ever encountered.

Submitted July 31, 2014 | flag

I feel very lucky to have had Dr. Hsiang as my surgeon in (in my opinion) quite risky intervention. Before and after the operation, Prof. Hsiang examined me carefully and gave all the information he thought I might (and did) need. And his very efficient assistant arranged perfectly all logistic matters

Submitted April 14, 2014 | flag

My experience was great. My surgery was minor but the recovery time was so small, I was amazed at how quickly I healed. I was treated so well and knew exactly what to expect. Any concerns I had were squashed after my consultation because I felt comfortable with Dr.Hsiang's expertise.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2013 | flag

As distinct from the other reviewers, I found Dr. Hsiang to be very perfunctory. He interrupted me frequently and wasn't particularly interested in my condition. I have marked him down as "not on time" because of the wait time to see him. I'm happy that others think highly of him. However, I cannot say the same thing, and I'm generally easy-going.

Submitted Oct. 10, 2012 | flag

I have been going to Dr Hsiang since 1998. He has performed surgery on me and also several procedures of vein removal! He is always very pleasant and caring! His bed-side manner is the best of any doctor I have seen in Vancouver! He always keeps me informed of new advances in the field of vein removal and takes time to explain everything thoroughly!

Submitted April 11, 2012 | flag

Dr. Hsiang has a great bedside manner. He took the time to make me feel at ease and answer any questions. He performed a minor procedure on me but I would have full confidence in any operation that he would undertake. Roz the nurse in the office is also great at answering your questions since she has been a surgical nurse in the past.

Submitted March 9, 2012 | flag

Excellent vascular surgeon who doesn't give up. Has extremely efficient nurse in command of office.

Submitted June 3, 2011 | flag

What a wonderful and caring doctor. Was very interested in my needs and made me feel very at ease with my surgery. Even allowed some students from the UBC physio program to come and witness my vascular compartment pressure test. He was so open to their questions. I would highly recommend him.

Submitted Sept. 29, 2010 | flag