Rate Dr. Joel D. Hunter

Dr. Joel D. Hunter's Ratings

Dr. Hunter and his highly professional staff are amazing. My experience was quality care, quality service and quality product. Dr. Hunter is a very personable, positive and highly motivated Dr. He made me feel good throughout the surgery and the outcome was phenomenal. My vision improved dramatically almost immediately after the surgery. Wait times might be a little long for some people because he takes the time to talk to you and doesn't rush through the appointment. Staff is efficient and personable. Great experience on both eyes! I did not have to wait long for any of my appointments. Quite to the contrary, we were seen promptly and efficiently. I highly recommend the Hunter vision Center and my wife will be his next patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2232330].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

I was referred to Dr Hunter by my optometrist, Dr. Justine Siergey from the Yager Eye Institute, for a cataract evaluation. From the first phone call to their office to my last post-op exam after my cataract surgery, I couldn't have been more pleased. Dr Hunter and his staff are very warm and make you feel very comfortable during all of the exams leading up to the actual surgery itself. My surgical experience went perfectly, my recovery was uneventful and my "new eyes" can see like I was a kid again. I couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend Dr Hunter for cataract surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][100407].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2013

I had LASIK at Dr. Hunter's office four (4) days ago. The doctor and his staff are absolutely incredible. They took the time and care to explain what was about to happen and reassurance when "things" were happening during the procedure. They did an awesome job of keeping me calm (I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to anybody getting close to my eyes...I couldn't even where contacts because of my fear). I love my new eyes! I highly recommend this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][100406].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

What's best about Hunter Vision is how well you are taken care of. From the staff to Dr. Hunter, the process is smooth and relaxing. They've got the latest technology (I know because they were receiving new equipment the day after my surgery) and another thing - they're brutally honest about every detail, from the initial screening thru pre-op, the constant talk thru the surgery and follow up appointments. I made the right decision trusting Hunter Vision with this surgery, hope you'll do the same.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][100405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2011

I wish I could give them more stars! As an ICU nurse, I was very picky about who I would choose to perform surgery on my eyes. After months of research, and a recommendation from a friend, I decided to give Hunter Vision a call. I'm so glad I did. Everyone is exceptionally professional and at the same time, they treat you like family. The advanced technology, expertise of the staff, and the one-on-one attention I got from Dr. Hunter is what made me choose Hunter Vision. After my eye exam, Dr. Hunter showed me a 3D image of my eye and explained what made my individual eyes candidates. He is 100% honest about expectations and told me step by step about the procedure. During my actual surgery, Dr. Hunter talked to me the entire time. He told me what he was doing, counting down, telling me how everything was going. He makes it easy to be his patient. Before I had LASIK, my vision was 20/400. The procedure was only 28 seconds for each eye, no pain. At my post-op appointment I was 20/15!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][100404].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Dr. Hunter and his whole staff have created a very welcoming environment with great customer service to boot. I had quite horrible vision before to the point I was practically blind without glasses or contacts. The day after the procedure my vision was 20/15! Even a month later my vision is still 20/15. The whole procedure and the healing process was painless and quick thanks to the work of Dr. Hunter. If you are sick of wearing contacts and/or glasses, go check them out--I would recommend Dr. Hunter to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][100403].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

Everything about my lasik experience was fantastic!! The staff is extremely helpful, friendly and caring. Dr. Hunter is very thorough. He took time to "triple check" everything which I felt was so important because we were discussing my eyes! He has an extremely positive, upbeat attitude and definite passion for eyes. 4 days ago, I was legally blind. When I went for my post op appointment the next day, I was seeing 20/10!! It is amazing. Dr. Hunter is so knowledgeable and was super helpful to answer any questions I had before making my decision. Also, I was taken aback because there was no pressure to commit to anything right away. I had my mind made up on a doctor I wanted to do my lasik surgery until I went to the consultation at Hunter Vision. Anyone considering lasik should go see Dr. Hunter!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][100402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

I had this procedure less than 24 hours ago and cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am. I am 29 years old and yesterday I had 20/200 vision, today I have 20/15. I am floored. I haven't cried tears of joy since my son was born, until last night when I could see everything so clearly. This staff at Hunter Vision is beyond wonderful. They are professional, compassionate, friendly, caring, knowledgeable and understanding. The entire experience could not have been better. I have never worn contacts. I'm a "blinker" and can't really tolerate anything touching my eyes. Dr. Hunter was very understanding and caring. I only wish I would have done it sooner! I highly recommend Hunter Vision. Not only do you get great results you get to work with an amazing staff and a doctor that couldn't be any better. Thank you Dr. Joel and Hunter Vision for changing my life. You are the BEST!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][100401].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

Really amazing! I have never had an eye exam that was that in depth and technologically advanced and yet, Dr. Hunter made it everything really easy to understand.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][100400].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2011

The staff was awesome and I felt very cared for. Dr. Hunter payed very close attention to my concerns and explained everything in a way that I could understand. He gave me plenty of time to ask questions, and said he would always be happy to answer more questions if I ever needed to call, and that I could talk to him personally. At the end of my appointment, I felt like I was leaving with a greater understanding and knowledge of the health of my eyes. The diagnostic tests helped me feel more confident in what he was telling me. He walked me through each picture and didn't rush anything. He also talked about things I can start doing to help my specific eye irritations. He is very personable and made me laugh and feel very comfortable. The office was so clean and you could tell there is strong attention to cleanliness, with top priority to care for the patient. From the beautiful office, to the free refreshments and awesome people, Hunter Vision is an all around awesome place to go.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][100399].votes_count ]]