Rate Dr. Jennifer Bestard

Dr. Jennifer Bestard's Ratings

I was really disappointed with Dr.Bestard, after reading all of the reviews on here I was excited for my appointment hoping to get some answers. Dr Bestard came in an hour after my appointment time, she sent a resident in for my appointment (which I did not mind at all) and vs saying hello to me or asking about my symptoms, she reminded the resident of an appointment they had at noon and to try to hurry it up. When she did talk to me she questioned if my symptoms were really on the side I was saying and not on the other as well as what exactly my symptoms were. I know what I feel and what side they are on, I STILL feel this. The only answer I got from her in the 5 minute conversation if that along with NO exam was, "if you still feel these symptoms in 8 weeks after doing this call me and I will send you to someone for surgery". No thanks! I think I will go for my second opinion now, nothing like feeling like you are swept under the rug. I feel I was one who "fell through the cracks

Submitted Oct. 9, 2013 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Bestard by the trauma team at Red Deer hospital and then my family Dr. wrote an excellent referral letter that got prompt attention from Dr. Bestard, this Dr. is a blessing to me I have been suffering the same neurological symtoms for about 16 years and until my Dr. wrote her and explained my symtoms and episodes no Dr.'s have figured out what is wrong, Dr. Bestard had a pretty good idea from my Dr.'s referral what was happening and has acted on it, knowing what is wrong with you is so much better than living in the dark even if it means facing some challenges, I was already dealing with them just on my own now I have this most amazing Dr. on my team...Red Deer is very fortunate to have her...thanks Dr. I feel like there's hope!!!

Submitted Sept. 26, 2013 | flag

What can i say i love her...Her chair side manner is the best i have ever experanced

Submitted July 22, 2013 | flag

Dr Jennifer A. Bestard is in my humble opinion (as one of her many patients) very knowledgable, professional, helpful and caring.

Submitted May 23, 2013 | flag

I was fortunate enough to start seeing Dr. Bestard shortly after she moved to Red Deer for my migraines. She was very helpful and had many suggestions for me. She started me on some medication that has really helped me over the last few years and I am very grateful as it has reduced the number of migraines I now get each month. Dr. Bestard is easy to talk to and listens and tries to give helpful answers and suggestions. She is very personable and seems to really care for you as a patient and for your well being. You never feel rushed and she takes lots of time with you. She is great!

Submitted Jan. 14, 2013 | flag

I was lucky enough to get to seek a second opinion with this amazing doctor, because of her and the test she did I have a much better understanding on what is going on with my disease. Very open minded, and able to give answers from the tests my old nuro figured i didnt need. Thank you!

Submitted Sept. 23, 2011 | flag

Competent, thorough, warm, professional, with clear curiousity to solve neurological puzzles. Able to get action from others as well, which speaks to reputation within the professional community.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2011 | flag

I had the good fortune to be referred to Doctor Bestard by a neurologist in Calgary. During my first visit, I was treated with repect and dignity. True and caring doctors are not always the norm but I already know that I am in the right hands and will follow all advice that she gives me as I attempt to deal with severe neuropathic pain. Red Deer is fortunate to have Dr. Bestard.

Submitted July 25, 2011 | flag

On a recent visit to Red Deer emergency with my Dad, Dr. Bestard was called in to assess his condition. She was amazing!! What a wonderful young doctor, so kind, caring and considerate of her patient. I wish her all the best in her career.

Submitted July 4, 2011 | flag

I saw Dr. Bestard for Migranes and also for a terrible pain I get every night in my legs. She wanted to put me on Psychiatric Medication for my Migranes which interacts with other pills she would not listen to me. She did some tests and nerve tests on my legs and determined that it was because I was born premature. I was 1 week premature!! She prescribed me some heavy Muscle Relaxants and went no furthur than that. I live with Chronic Pain and she could care a less. It's ok to say you don't know why I have pain in my legs but don't relate to something irrevelovent. I would not recommend her to anybody.

Submitted June 8, 2011 | flag