Rate Dr. Michael Odell

Dr. Michael Odell's Ratings

I saw Dr Odell in April 2014. After a wait of more than an hour, he came in and was very nice in explaining everything he proposed. He was to order a CT scan but it is now September and despite several calls to his office to inquire I still have had no word from anyone. Very disappointing and frustrating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549788].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Dr. Odell is a wonderful doctor. I have seen him a few times, including in ICU, for a relatively rare problem in my upper airway. He is very thorough and let's you ask (and answers) as many questions as you'd like. He took his time and did not rush me. He's cautious and careful in his approach. He's a surgeon that operates only when necessary. He went so far as to oblige when I asked for a referral to another doctor in Toronto. this is nothing against him, but the surgery I might be getting is pretty life changing. It always feels better knowing and getting the expertise from many good doctors in the field - of which he is one.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2232410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Dr. Odell removed my thyroid earlier this month due to a cancerous tumour. I received amazing care and experienced none of the complications associated with this type of surgery. At our first meeting, he wanted to hear from me first...what I understood about my condition, what I was concerned about. He then went on to explain my options and the risks associated in great detail. He was up front and provided me with his success rate and number of surgeries performed for all options. I left the meeting feeling less stressed and very sure of the decision that Dr. Odell helped me make. He is kind, caring and a great communicator. His assistant, Carol, is also extremely helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Odell and the Ottawa General!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][101477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

He performed a very successful surgery today. He takes the time to get it right and talks with you to make sure you have the situation figured out. I highly recommend him. Thanks Dr Odell for a job well done, and for taking the time to talk with us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][101476].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

I have to agree with everything I have read here. Dr. Odell just did a FNA biopsy on a lateral neck mass that I have today. He was excellent in explaining all the options, what the procedure would entail, approximately when the follow up would occur and his bedside manner was superb. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][101475].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

I would strongly recommend Dr. Odell to anyone looking for a thyroid cancer surgeon. Dr Odell was extremely helpful and insightful in our pre-surgery meeting today. He did not rush away, or oversimplify our decision making process. He covered all of the options and nuances we are faced with in great detail, at the level of complexity and vocabulary that matched our education level. He knew his specialty very very well, and presented options we did not know were out there. I have never had a physician take so much time to discuss our issues and comfort us with customized strategy, facts, and statistics. He was comfortable discussing not only the average case data from studies, but also his own record in terms of each of the various possible surgical complications. He was also willing to listen intently and glean useful information from our case.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][101474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Dr Odell and his assistant, Carol, were excellent to deal with. Both are very professional and caring individuals. Dr Odell doesn't rush you in and out, he explains the surgical procedure he will perform and follows up to make sure all went well. He operated on me in November and again in January and both times the procedure was flawless as was the recuperation. I would definitely recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][101473].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2013

Dr Odell and his team performed a Sistruck procedure on me last week. I have recovered very well and I think that is due to him being excellent surgeon as well as good advice. I felt very comfortable in his care and he is very willing to take the extra time to explain things. I was very impressed overall.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][101472].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2012

I had a hemithyroidectomy. Pleased with service and follow-up. Knowledgeable and excellent communicator.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][101471].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2012

Dr. Odell made me feel very comfortable, answered all my questions, treated me as a patient & not a statistic. He is honest and caring. I trust him and is very happy he is my ENT.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][101470].votes_count ]]