You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael Odell

Dr. Michael Odell's Ratings

Dr. Odell first saw me last year with a case of oral cancer that had gone undiagnosed for tow years.. he explained everything in detail, leaving out no surprises of the surgery I required. He was always on my side as to decisions to be made, he was always attentive and forthcoming with questions I had. Unfortunately the cancer has returned, no fault of Dr. Odell's, and I will be again putting myself in his very capable hands. I have the greatest faith in his abilities and hi staff. He has a wonderful way of dealing with his clients and I am just very glad that I ended up in his capable hands when I was first diagnosed. I now find myself in his hands again and am very glad that he is my surgeon. Not only is he thorough, he has a great deal of concern for each individual client he treats. He will not sugar coat anything, tells it like it is and lets you make the decisions that you feel are right for you!.. A wonderful doctor who I would not give up for anything!.... His team is exceptional, not one of my phone calls has not been returned and if there has been the slightest concern on my part, he will find the time to see me within a few days... very unusual for any doctor these days...!... I am so glad that I a in his hands. He is truly one of the best... and not just as a doctor, but as a sensitive person!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2724421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

Dr. Odell has been my oncologist for the past five years. He is very kind and extremely patient. He never rushes me through an appointment and always answers all of my questions. He actually cares about his patients and takes time to get to know them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2695418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

I recently saw Dr. Odell and was extremely impressed by his care and compassion with the fear I was dealing with in regards to a lesion on my tongue. He took the time to explain everything and let me ask lots of questions. I never felt rushed . I felt important and that I was a person and not just a chart number. His nurse Karen is extremely friendly and helpful as well. A wonderful, wonderful doctor!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2694732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

I saw Dr Odell in April 2014. After a wait of more than an hour, he came in and was very nice in explaining everything he proposed. He was to order a CT scan but it is now September and despite several calls to his office to inquire I still have had no word from anyone. Very disappointing and frustrating.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2549788].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Dr. Odell is a wonderful doctor. I have seen him a few times, including in ICU, for a relatively rare problem in my upper airway. He is very thorough and let's you ask (and answers) as many questions as you'd like. He took his time and did not rush me. He's cautious and careful in his approach. He's a surgeon that operates only when necessary. He went so far as to oblige when I asked for a referral to another doctor in Toronto. this is nothing against him, but the surgery I might be getting is pretty life changing. It always feels better knowing and getting the expertise from many good doctors in the field - of which he is one.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2232410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Dr. Odell removed my thyroid earlier this month due to a cancerous tumour. I received amazing care and experienced none of the complications associated with this type of surgery. At our first meeting, he wanted to hear from me first...what I understood about my condition, what I was concerned about. He then went on to explain my options and the risks associated in great detail. He was up front and provided me with his success rate and number of surgeries performed for all options. I left the meeting feeling less stressed and very sure of the decision that Dr. Odell helped me make. He is kind, caring and a great communicator. His assistant, Carol, is also extremely helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Odell and the Ottawa General!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][101477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

He performed a very successful surgery today. He takes the time to get it right and talks with you to make sure you have the situation figured out. I highly recommend him. Thanks Dr Odell for a job well done, and for taking the time to talk with us.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][101476].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

I have to agree with everything I have read here. Dr. Odell just did a FNA biopsy on a lateral neck mass that I have today. He was excellent in explaining all the options, what the procedure would entail, approximately when the follow up would occur and his bedside manner was superb. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][101475].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

I would strongly recommend Dr. Odell to anyone looking for a thyroid cancer surgeon. Dr Odell was extremely helpful and insightful in our pre-surgery meeting today. He did not rush away, or oversimplify our decision making process. He covered all of the options and nuances we are faced with in great detail, at the level of complexity and vocabulary that matched our education level. He knew his specialty very very well, and presented options we did not know were out there. I have never had a physician take so much time to discuss our issues and comfort us with customized strategy, facts, and statistics. He was comfortable discussing not only the average case data from studies, but also his own record in terms of each of the various possible surgical complications. He was also willing to listen intently and glean useful information from our case.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][101474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Dr Odell and his assistant, Carol, were excellent to deal with. Both are very professional and caring individuals. Dr Odell doesn't rush you in and out, he explains the surgical procedure he will perform and follows up to make sure all went well. He operated on me in November and again in January and both times the procedure was flawless as was the recuperation. I would definitely recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][101473].votes_count ]]