Dr. Cheryl L. Kellogg

Grad. Year: 1988

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. Cheryl L. Kellogg has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5567122
17/06/14 2 4 5 5 Dr. Kellogg is very knowledgeable and is very supportive and spent a lot of time with me. She was very helpful and comforting. The office staff could be more attentive and prompt on paper processing claims and referrals. Brittany is very rude and speaks demeaning to patients and other office staff. Dr. Kellogg should reconsider who she wants to represent her office.
RID: 5188187
17/02/14 1 1 1 1 This is not a well rub drs office. I own a medical business and having drs make me wait 40 mins to spend 5 mins with me only to run away before I can ask questions is just bad business and terrible health care. She wants to prescribe drugs before she even has lab diagnostics. Office staff needs a refresher in friendliness and helpfulness as I have been advised on several occasions to see urgent cafe rather than this dr who is my primary care physician. Will be switching  Respond

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 1.8

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Cheryl" to "Cheryl L."
RID: 2922093

20/10/13 1 1 1 1
Respond

09/10/13 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2813174

25/08/13 1 1 1 1 Terrible office staff. Called more than 4 times in one day starting in the morning. Calls went unreturned until 6:15pm - an entire day of calling explaining pain and nausea and nothing. Never heard from the doctor, was just called by the office to say an anti-nausea med was sent to pharmacy. Horrible way to treat elderly patients. We were also seeking a simple referral to the GI specialist and it took an entire week of family calling for anyone to give us the referral we needed.  Respond
RID: 2768780
14/08/13 1 2 4 4 Dr Kellogg has been my doctor for over 10 years. I like her and think she is good - she listens to me and is helpful in all her recommendations. Her staff, however, leaves much to be desired. The front desk clerk/receptionist often gets my name wrong and more than once has pulled the incorrect file for Dr Kellogg when meeting with me, or tells me that I am not on the schedule when I show up for my appointment. Any time I talk to Lily (office nurse) or leave a message for her, I never - NEVER - get a call back, and have to keep calling for days on end to reach her for an answer. The same is true if I call and leave a message with the exchange if the office is closed for lunch, etc. - no calls are ever returned. I hate to think about switching docs because of the lengthy history I have with Dr Kellogg, and do feel that she is attentive and takes good care of my health issues, but dealing with her staff is always something that I dread.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2587978
17/03/13 1 3 2 3 I was given blood results of a potential death sentence by Dr. Kellogg's med asst. In shock, it didn't occur to me to ask to talk to Dr. (she wasn't there.) When I asked questions, I was told "let me google it." I left the office with the numbers of 2 specialists. One said "oncology." When I called back to see if doctor was in, I was told no, but her nurse would call back. After about 1 hour or more, the nurse called back & gave me some info. She told me to go to the CDC website for more info. After 3 months, I never did hear from Dr. Kellogg. So, just before Christmas, I was given no detailed info & was left to assume I may not live to see another & may have passed this disease on to my son. Turns out, more tests needed to be done and the end result was a false positive. The 1st specialist turned that nightmare into a sigh of relief. Can't extreme stress cause other health issues? I may not be a Dr. but I would never let anyone get that kind of news from anyone but a Dr.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2417499
05/09/12 5 4 5 5 Everything was great except being on time. She is personable and knowledgeable and took time to cover a great deal of ground with me as a new patient.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2070651
22/04/12 4 1 4 4 In my opinion this doctor is thorough but not good. I waited 1 1/2 in the waiting room for her, then an extra 30 min in the exam room waiting. There was only 1 other patient there. She does look over all the tests and metabolicswith you, but she wanted to perscribe me thyroid medicine. I got 2 other opinions on that, and those doctors said now way do I need thyroid meds and that would be considered malpractice. Along time ago when she was in laguna, she looked professional in the white coat etc..., this time she's all dressed in leopard and black, totally made up, etc..., and it was 10am. That just doesn't make a sick person comfortable. next, with serious issues and perscribing serious meds, she will NOT talk to the patient EVER on the phone, according to the nurse, and you have to make another appt. She went to a medical school that is run by Devry. I would not at all reccomend this doctor. stay away.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1672163
29/12/11 5 5 5 5 Doctor Cheryl is an amazing person, she is very interactive with patients and develops a partnership, which results is excellent, personable care.
Insurance: Secure Horizons
RID: 1630833
10/11/11 1 5 5 5 Dr. Kellogg is an excellent Doctor. She came highly recommended and spends as much time as you need explaining things to you and making sure you understand everything. She is very thorough with her exams and going over any tests you have had. I would recommend her highly. Her office staff does not do her justice, they are awful and make it impossible to get in with her on a timely basis. They are not helpful, do not get messages correct, and never to good on the follow through. Our hope is she will replace some of them.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1570587
25/10/11 5 5 5 5 Best doctor in town.She spends all the needed time with you, that YOU want,not a 3 minute visit. Dr. Kellogg takes all precautions and some tests she recommended, have literally saved my life. A ++++++ D. Mayfield
RID: 1568087
22/10/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Kelogg has been my md for 10. I am a 58 year old active Caucasian female. She is wonderful...like sitting with you new best friend. You can tell her anything...she is interested and informative...and ready to find answers to problems large or small. She is vigilant and bright, but no attitude. She wants tone there for you. She is now my gynecologist to and I see her annually for the Gino stuff and a general check up. I always learn something from her.  Respond
RID: 1243658
04/09/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kellog is a wonderful and friendly person and a great doctor. She takes very good care of our family. She is very knowledgable and up on all the latest medical advances.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user